Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 379552 times)

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- We ♥ Puppies!
« Reply #735 on: September 19, 2015, 03:31:40 am »

@Mr Frog

Ohboyohboyohboy it looks AWESOME! I love the armor you gave him, I just couldn't imagine anything looking wooden enough.

About the description: well, his motives and powers may seem mysterious to the dwarves of 200, although he is simply a rogue druid surviving as he can.

Also, don't you mind if I incorporate totally use your design with some slight adjustments in my pictures? You came up with something brilliant I could not think of. I gotta spend a bit more time refining my stuff before posting as well.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 19, 2015, 02:37:02 pm »

@Mr Frog

Ohboyohboyohboy it looks AWESOME! I love the armor you gave him, I just couldn't imagine anything looking wooden enough.

About the description: well, his motives and powers may seem mysterious to the dwarves of 200, although he is simply a rogue druid surviving as he can.

Also, don't you mind if I incorporate totally use your design with some slight adjustments in my pictures? You came up with something brilliant I could not think of. I gotta spend a bit more time refining my stuff before posting as well.

I just went the whole "let's-make-him-look-like-a-giant-creepy-tree-because-EVIL-ELF" route on the armor :V  Ironic thing is, my design's even more impractical and showy than yours when I was the one crying over HURRR BUT MUH SNEAKING PENALTY MUH TOO CONSPICUOUS. Lol.

Also I'd be immensely flattered if you used my design :-[ He's your dude in the end so, really, do what you like. Ahaha.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 19, 2015, 03:21:14 pm »

@Mr Frog

I just went the whole "let's-make-him-look-like-a-giant-creepy-tree-because-EVIL-ELF" route on the armor :V  Ironic thing is, my design's even more impractical and showy than yours when I was the one crying over HURRR BUT MUH SNEAKING PENALTY MUH TOO CONSPICUOUS. Lol.

Also I'd be immensely flattered if you used my design :-[ He's your dude in the end so, really, do what you like. Ahaha.

My design basically looked like a huge heap of metal scrap painted black to resemble a stereotypical edgy evil-champion suit or something. He's not a full-time ninja, lol.

Also, I think it's time for me to draw something more relevant... Can you elaborate on banshees, please? I was also thinking of adding them to "Dokem's Story", so some info about them would be nice.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 03:31:31 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 19, 2015, 04:01:55 pm »

I honestly imagined something between a hagraven and a psychotic tree-hugger in appearance.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 19, 2015, 05:10:22 pm »

@Mr Frog

My design basically looked like a huge heap of metal scrap painted black to resemble a stereotypical edgy evil-champion suit or something. He's not a full-time ninja, lol.

Also, I think it's time for me to draw something more relevant... Can you elaborate on banshees, please? I was also thinking of adding them to "Dokem's Story", so some info about them would be nice.

Haven't put too much thought into banshees yet, unfortunately... hm.
They have an inborn, intuitive connection to arcane forces which is interwoven into the very fiber of their being, which is what powers their scream, and also gives them ESP, although they can't actually see the future -- despite this, gifted banshee seers can glean such detailed information about the present that guessing the immediate future becomes child's play. They aren't a particularly-scientific culture, however, and much if their innate gifts are veiled in ritual and superstition.
They do have gender, although they lack secondary sexual dimorphism and appear to be all-female to other species, with wide hips and narrow shoulders, high voices, and developed breasts. Banshees themselves have little concept of gender or gender roles and their languages almost never have gendered words or pronouns; in fact, they generally find other species' sexual dimorphism to be extremely-bizarre, disgusting even. They generally resemble thin, gaunt human women with greyish, ashen skin, red eyes, and greenish hair.
Banshee society is fairly-primitive technologically, although they do have knowledge of basic smelting methods and papermaking, and they primarily value vengeance and repaying one's debts above all else. In banshee culture, all favours are to be repaid in equal measure promptly, and by a similar token any slights are to be returned with equal fury -- according to their law, someone who commits a crime is absolved of wrongdoing if the victim had done something similar to them in the past that had not previously been taken vengeance for. I imagine most banshees carry a little black ledger recording every little nasty thing that's been done to them so they can get even, lol. Ditto for leadership figures, although the slights recorded are on a greater political level. All of this obviously means that they tend not to get on well with other civs, which is exacerbated by a general distrust of outsiders and the fact that there are a lot of nasty superstitions surrounding them within other races owing to their brutal culture, eerie appearance, and connection to dark forces -- "witch" is frequently used as a slur.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 05:12:24 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 20, 2015, 03:03:12 pm »

Not to randomly derail from worldbuilding, but...
Clobbermountains -- Mind the clouds
for new thread title 20/21 September
(Credit to Lolfail0009 for actually coming up with the phrase.)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 20, 2015, 03:04:05 pm »

The Cloud. Singular. And capitalized. Important distinction there.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 20, 2015, 03:08:01 pm »

There's more than one...Oh whatever.  Compromise.
Clobbermountains -- Mind the Clouds.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 20, 2015, 03:13:44 pm »

It's still plural you sonofabitch!

That's where I'd break a bottle and cut ya with it, but we don't have any bottles. Would a bludgeoning with a mug be a suitable substitute for a bottle stabbing?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 20, 2015, 03:44:35 pm »

It's still plural you sonofabitch!

That's where I'd break a bottle and cut ya with it, but we don't have any bottles. Would a bludgeoning with a mug be a suitable substitute for a bottle stabbing?

Only if you want to train your hanmer skill over your sword skill

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 20, 2015, 04:41:43 pm »

I'll probably change it to "Mind The Clouds!" because it seems funnier to me for some reason, and because the level of canine massacre in recent weeks has been disappointing. Also Splint pls calm down.

@ImagoDeo: How's the prologue coming? Don't make me pester you repeatedly.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 20, 2015, 04:44:34 pm »

I'm obviously kidding around, duh.

Everyone know you use puppies tied to sticks to properly attain retribution for tiny slights.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 20, 2015, 10:11:06 pm »

Hey guys, remember that thing I said I'd draw?

I draw'd it. Jeff snoozing on the job.

Kinda meh-worthy, didn't even bother with shading or touching up the color in places, and I had a better version, but my power supply's cable came loose somehow and lost it. Me, being the genius I am, forgot to save it. Still, a little proud of it since I actually finished it and it only took 20-ish minutes. been trying to get out of my little art block.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 20, 2015, 10:40:53 pm »

Hey guys, remember that thing I said I'd draw?

[snip]

I draw'd it. Jeff snoozing on the job.

Kinda meh-worthy, didn't even bother with shading or touching up the color in places, and I had a better version, but my power supply's cable came loose somehow and lost it. Me, being the genius I am, forgot to save it. Still, a little proud of it since I actually finished it and it only took 20-ish minutes. been trying to get out of my little art block.

Oh my, that's really good! You've improved a lot since the last drawing I've seen from you, lol. There's a sense of anatomy and the linework is much cleaner and gels better with the overall atmosphere. I think you should shade it if that's still an option at this point.

Also, just an addendum to the banshee trawl I posted a bit ago: they definitely aren't the whole "noble savage" archetype (not that anyone said they were, but). Yes, they have a certain ethical code, but it's not exactly rigorously-upheld and are not really arbitrated in any way except in dire circumstances, leading to frequent instances of banshees not bothering to make their vengeance strictly proportionate or generally be fair and even; in practice, "any slights are to be returned with equal fury" tends to translate to "You broke my vase? Well, I'm gonna kill your firstborn child, because I REALLY, REALLY LIKED THAT FUCKING VASE!"

In any case, @ImagoDeo has until midnight tomorrow to post something substantial or he's getting skipped.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 21, 2015, 02:29:44 pm »

@Splint:
Nah, that'd waste sticks.  ;P
Just fill the room with ten or so puppies.  That is revenge.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 140