Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 372749 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Jungle Fever!
« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2015, 03:03:45 pm »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 18, 2015, 03:07:04 pm »

Post to watch.  This is shaping up to be worth it.

Are you saying you doubted me at some point, darling? I was wondering when you'd turn up. Welcome aboard!

Edit: Oh Armok.  If Spearbreakers existed in this timeline, His Gaudiness could totally be whatshisface from Eris.  Or something.

Please no no no. This fort has nothing to do with Spearbreakers (although if Splint decides to incorporate it later then w/e)
I agree with that.  One pandimensional scifi magic WTF trip at a time is enough for this forum.  But HG could totally be a whosisface.  That picture.  Totally fits.  He's not, though.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2015, 03:19:46 pm »

@Taupe:

Good stuff. I like your description of the jungle. There are some typos and a couple style choices I don't agree with but it's really minor.
Maybe I'll fix it when I'm not on my phone. maybe I'l forget about it and don't. The typos, not the style choices; not sure I can do anything about those. I just put a little bock of text together before the next migrant wave could show up...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 03:28:02 pm by Taupe »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 18, 2015, 03:22:19 pm »

Everoc's a big place, totally up to Mr Frog if he wants it to be part of the same general setting (in some other part of the continent's coasts and largely/completely ignored by the sci-fi magic craziness.)

I'll grab the save and have at it after a round or two of FTL Captain's Edition after reading the update. Been awhile since I played 34.11 anyway.

The mutants will soon learn to fear the pointy stick.

EDIT: I read Mr Frog's final update out loud, and I sounded like a gibbering wreck. This amused me greatly.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2015, 03:31:24 pm »

Everoc's a big place, totally up to Mr Frog if he wants it to be part of the same general setting (in some other part of the continent's coasts and largely/completely ignored by the sci-fi magic craziness.)

I'll grab the save and have at it after a round or two of FTL Captain's Edition after reading the update. Been awhile since I played 34.11 anyway.

The mutants will soon learn to fear the pointy stick.

Just be careful with the soldiers. If anything with full armor gets mutated we're in at least ten entire worlds of hurt.

E: Although, it looks like I forgot to add NO_EAT and NO_DRINK to the tags, so any of our dwarves that get affected may or may not end up just dying of thirst after a month or so. Um.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 03:38:15 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 18, 2015, 03:52:35 pm »

Yay.
That makes some sense, too.
Sigtext

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 18, 2015, 04:30:04 pm »

Diary of Noel Logemsedur, bookkeeper of Clobbermountains

14th of Moonstone, year 201
When I asked The Overseer about Rakust he only laughed and said "Oh she'll be back soon!" about a dozen times. I screamed that she would never go away without telling me, and then he ran away. I almost feel bad for him, he has completely gone off the deep end. But a leader has responsibilities. This is unacceptable!
Rakust, where are you? I hope you are still alive.

28th of Obsidian, year 201
The Overseer has announced that he will retire. Praise the gods! Splint shall be the new one, I think he can handle it.
I lost all hope for my wife. We weren't married for very long, but it hurts. I will never find anyone like her again and I will never raise a family.
Bookkeeping. I must concentrate on the numbers.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 18, 2015, 04:41:03 pm »

Okay, so I made a test fortress in the same region we're in to test the long-term effects of the seething mist. I holed up a bunch of my dwarves in an impenetrable bunker and left 2 speardwarves out to get transformed by the mist. 2 seasons, 2 obliterated migrant waves, and dozens of units of booze and food consumed by the unaffected dwarves (and none by the mutants) later, I think I can safely conclude that mutants are not affected by hunger and thirst, at least in fortress mode.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 18, 2015, 04:57:23 pm »

By the way Mr Frog, this will forever be the song I think of when I see you around after your character has started going nuts.

mikethete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 18, 2015, 05:01:50 pm »

Okay, so I made a test fortress in the same region we're in to test the long-term effects of the seething mist. I holed up a bunch of my dwarves in an impenetrable bunker and left 2 speardwarves out to get transformed by the mist. 2 seasons, 2 obliterated migrant waves, and dozens of units of booze and food consumed by the unaffected dwarves (and none by the mutants) later, I think I can safely conclude that mutants are not affected by hunger and thirst, at least in fortress mode.
All that's left is to weaponize them and integrate them into the defenses

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 18, 2015, 05:20:07 pm »

By the way Mr Frog, this will forever be the song I think of when I see you around after your character has started going nuts.

You monster, what have you DONE!? That song had finally died but now you've resurrected it to torment the innocent once more! I hope you're happy. ding ding ding ding DING DING ding ding ding ding DINGDINGDING OH GOD IT'S EATING MY BRAIN

All that's left is to weaponize them and integrate them into the defenses

They do die after a year, but it's not like replacing them is hard -- just leave a bunch of dogs children out in the open for a bit.

Anyone who manages to create a reusable mutant-based defense mechanism will receive absolutely every single e-cookie I can possibly spare. No joke. Bonus points if it's automated.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2015, 05:31:34 pm »

You monster, what have you DONE!? That song had finally died but now you've resurrected it to torment the innocent once more! I hope you're happy. ding ding ding ding DING DING ding ding ding ding DINGDINGDING OH GOD IT'S EATING MY BRAIN
This just became my new sig quote.  Congratulations.

Oh, and by the way...

Crazy Frog shall take over the world.  I am merely the harbinger of its rise to power.  Soon, all will be driven mad by its dings, and it shall reshape the world in its own image.  And I, it's greatest prophet, shall rise over all of humankind, once and for all!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 05:33:18 pm by 4maskwolf »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 18, 2015, 05:38:33 pm »

Hey Monitor, turns out your dwarf was a speardwarf (and apparently, a combat vet with two banshee kills,) do you care if I draft her ass? It'd be a shame to let pre-existing combat skills go to waste.

EDIT: Same for you ImageDeo, except your dwarf has a whopping 69 goblin kills.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2015, 05:50:49 pm »

69 goblin kills.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllll then.

I'm sorry, that was immature XD.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 140