Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 379304 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Jungle Fever!
« Reply #210 on: July 23, 2015, 03:38:13 pm »

@Lisard:

...Wow. My feels.

I'm notoriously bad at first-person/any writing. My fiction really lacks organisation, style and such, not to mention all those potential grammar/spelling mistakes. Should I rather stick to the Phalangist's notes? They seem to look slightly better than Lizzie's writeup (because of their pompous lingo, I guess).

I never really noticed any of those flaws you're pointing out, although I admittedly have the reading comprehension of a puppy and the discerning taste of a hagfish.

Do whatcha want, lol. Your writing's pretty okay.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 23, 2015, 05:52:56 pm »

The Diary of Mr Frog Thusestdeler, Stoneworker

9 ♥HEMATITE♥ 202

Rakust's gone... She said something about how she'd gotten what she wanted and left. I'm sad she had to leave so soon, but I can't really force her to stay -- this place is a living hell, even after all the cool improvements Splint made! So now she's gone. We'll probably see each other again someday, though! Besides, seeing her always made me feel super-guilty for some reason! It's probably nothing, though, right?

6 Galena 202

Oh! Oh, diary! A couple of the witch-women's showed up today!! The military got rid of them super-quickly, but what if they put a curse on something!? Ohhh, I wish I could help keep them away! But I'm too weak to take up an axe... even this pick is a bit too much for me sometimes...
   Still, I'm doing my part! I scribbled hex circles on a bunch of sticky-notes and put them alllllll over the place! That'll keep away any nasty banshee juju, probably!
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 23, 2015, 07:15:39 pm »

Nothing of note happened int he brief time I played today. Into fall now. Hopefully h humans will bugger off so we can get a siege.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 23, 2015, 10:59:45 pm »

I basically write these off the top of my head, so they're pretty disorganised. lol
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 11:02:49 pm by Mr Frog »

cherry-hearts

• Bay Watcher
  • Best Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 24, 2015, 12:11:58 am »

@Mr Frog: Your Field Guide is pretty accurate, except for this one part:
They will often attempt to indoctrinate our dwarven brothers and sisters into their cult; it should be noted that any of our kind who are caught advocating for or otherwise spreading knowledge of their unholy traditions without approval and review by the Royal Archivist or one of her retinue will be summarily executed by public stoning.
Dwarves execute with hammerings, not stonings.
"Un estado totalitario armonizará en España el funcionamiento de todas las capacidades y energías del país, que dentro de la Unidad Nacional, el trabajo estimado como el más ineludible de los deberes será el único exponente de la voluntad popular."
—Francisco Franco

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 24, 2015, 12:33:13 am »

They will often attempt to indoctrinate our dwarven brothers and sisters into their cult; it should be noted that any of our kind who are caught advocating for or otherwise spreading knowledge of their unholy traditions without approval and review by the Royal Archivist or one of her retinue will be summarily executed by public stoning.

Well, unimaginative dwarves use hammerings. I personally mode them to use axes (ensuring the execution is fatal,) but creative executioners use catapults.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 24, 2015, 02:11:29 am »

7-2-202

Whatshisname narrowly avoided ending up a corpse today. He was felling trees when a cloud blew in. Him wanting to get a drink is the only thing that saved him.

7-3-202

Noel got shived by a goblin today. Sergeant Mistem also put that bronze morningstar we bought from the humans to use and killed the same goblin, though the good Sergeant suffered a hand injury in the process (thankfully nothing permanent,) and Mikethete managed to run down the other, as well as kill a third intruder on the way back in!

7-7-202

Mikethete has become a spearmaster, and earned herself the title of The Sensitive Ferocity of Harmonizing. Kind of a strange title,but I won't judge. She's also got yet another goblin under her belt. I'm also going to put in an order for some copper chains and nest boxes to install a FROG system over both entries.

7-16-202

Humans are going to leave soon. Good riddance.

8-12-202

Seems a possession yielded something useful! Dibs.

8-23-202

Migrants. Population is now 65. I've also made it known I'm going to honor tradition and pass the Overseer's Log on to a suitable successor come Granite.

Activated the Glowing Roads as well, so we'll have some needed chopping ability ready to fight.

9-11-202

Caravan's arrived. Told Mr Frog (since he's technically still acting site leader,) to expect company and to do it in a timely manner this time. Population is also mostly housed, and everyone at least seems to like the shared space system since they have  people to talk to in thier off time without being forced to go to a crowded dining hall.

9-13-202

With a cat's death, the Great Enemy makes its presence known. It begins.
[From 38 seconds to 52 seconds. That ran through my head when I saw it.]

Alright guys, so another very brief one due to shortage of relevant events, this one pretty much covering all of fall.

We have plenty of armor stocked up, got some artefact greaves from a possessed armorer, which I promptly nabbed for myself (hey, I'm CO of the militia, I deserve a little bling of war, even if it's basic,) killed more goblins that tried to nab the kiddies, Mikethete is now a weapon master and first to get a full title for killing a bunch of snatchers, and we have conducted trade.

Also, on the note about armor, all following overseers should note, the uniforms do not include weapons. You need to assign them manually. This is to ensure everyone gets a weapon, and hangs onto the damned thing instead of constantly trying to cycle out what they have for weapons that are "better" (in value only,) or they have no training with.

Also, we seem to have surprisingly good medical staff! Noel was up and about in no time after that injury. Guess a dude who's previous occupation involved carving baddies up with an axe got a good understanding of humanoid anatomy.

I've also begun installing the FROG (Fowl Restrained Over Gate,) system to detect sneaky shitheads over both entries, and some small traps right outside the new main entry. No sign of the kobolds or large goblin/banshee raid parties, but as the above link will say...

"Prepare Defences, and pray for deliverance. [...] They. Are. Here."

EDIT: Random thought, yeti civ to attack you in glaciers/tundras. Thoughts?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 24, 2015, 02:43:52 am »

Hammerings aren't enough of a crowd-pleaser for His Gaudiness. There's just something so festive about a good public stoning. Plus, everyone gets to participate!

@Splint:

You're putting me to shame with the update speed, dawg. *claps*

I am actually shocked you remembered the FROG -- in case anyone's wondering what the hell this mysterious, magical device is: it is literally a turkey on a rope tied over the entrance, protected by floor grates.

Also:

IT BEGINS
MUHAHAHAHA

I am absurdly-happy about the fact they basically announced their presence by shredding a cat. Today felines, tomorrow your children

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 24, 2015, 02:50:44 am »

Yes yes, but what about the yeti idea?

EDIT: In all seriousness, I may be able to belch out updates, but they tend to not be very interesting by and large.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 24, 2015, 02:55:54 am »

...And so, rationing our alcohol supplies and limiting access to the said stockpiles will not only prevent shortages, but bolster the production as well. As His Gaudiness always says, "One who does not work - does not drink!" No more will the useless sculkers or random loafers waste our precious reserves, letting honest workers suffer of thirst. Make those bums drink water!... Sounds like a good slogan. Anyway, what were we talking about?... About booze, yeah. Elves don't drink much booze. Those filthy animals see it as a leisure activity and spoil sunshine with water. Instead, they find strength in some kind of unholy weed, they smoke it and it turns them into complete beasts... At least, that's what the Archivarius said, right? So, this primitive yet terrifying tradition must have been brought to our society by elven refugees (it was a mistake to let them stay... alive). There are dwarves who take off elves! Do you hear this horrible truth, nation? DWARVES WHO RETAIN ELVEN HABITS! Unbelievable, yet true. They MUST BE exiled immideately. This is the only way to save our nation... Our glorious past, our state, our leader. The people... The people call for justice.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 04:41:27 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Ribbonfree

• Bay Watcher
  • we 【=◈︿◈=】 boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 24, 2015, 03:33:15 am »

Only if the Yetis can be modded to breath cold fire or something.

[A fairly mundane entry precedes this paragraph.]

... And as an aside, we're going to continue to require imported paper, as Frog goes through our supplies at quite the clip. Everywhere I walk he's left a flood of barely comprehensible messages and hieroglyphics scattered through all wings of the fortress. Doubtless we'll find out in several years when we're disparately fleeing the smouldering shambles of our home we'll learn that his eccentricities have actually been the longstanding efforts to summon all of hell upon us and civilization. That was a joke. Morbid humor, but I'm becoming rather full of it lately.

Ribbon, 3rd of Limestone

[Several more entries pass without incident, save for the neat graphite curiously being replaced by far more crude handwriting in blue ink.]

The caravan pulled in two days ago, bringing among other things much needed supplies of pencils, sticky notes, and propaganda courtesy of His Gaudiness. At least we don't have to pay for the last one. Hopefully this restocking of pencils will allow me to stop having to painstakingly re-purposing dimple cup dye from my spare scarf. It was my fathers before his death, given to him by me on his one-hundred and thirtieth-

[The entry abruptly stops here.]

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 24, 2015, 04:28:44 am »

Diary of Noel Logemsedur, bookkeeper of Clobbermountain

8h of Limestone, year 202
I am now lying in bed, recovering from a wound inflicted upon by one one of those vile goblins. We don't really have a proper hospital, or a well, although admittedly this is still a young fortress. The current overseer focuses on the military, a wise idea.
I have to rest now, my ribs hurt like hell at every movement.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 24, 2015, 02:59:19 pm »

We actually do have a hospital and well, it's just not the best stocked. Just as a heads up.

Workers are just as likely to be injured as soldiers after all, so they can't be neglected!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 24, 2015, 03:36:49 pm »

@Ribbon, Lisard, everyone:

Totally loving the journals! Keep it up! Although, I'm getting a bit worried about Ribbon.

@Splint:

May I submit that we set up some cage traps? I'm not sure exactly what Ribbonfree's planning to do with her turn, but I'd imagine she'd appreciate having some live subjects to work with.

Also I should probably point out for the sake of avoiding nasty surprises that Spawn have TRAPAVOID, but I won't because I want to see the look on y'alls faces.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 24, 2015, 04:20:49 pm »

Also I should probably point out for the sake of avoiding nasty surprises that Spawn have TRAPAVOID, but I won't because I want to see the look on y'alls faces.

You bloody elf dirty bastard.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 140