Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 379164 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Jungle Fever!
« Reply #240 on: July 25, 2015, 12:51:48 am »

Devoted the rest of today to brainstorming mod ideas for the Elf Invasion mod. A sort of Yeti race is going to guard the tundras, taigas, and glaciers of the world with steelgrade gear.

Also fiddling with some New Vegas mod stuff; me and a buddy are late as fuck to the party, but since 4 is using an updated version of the Creation engine (Skyrim's engine,) which was just an updated Gamebryo engine (Oblivion, 3 and NV,) most of what we've learned will carry over pretty well. Biggest issue for anything we wanna do is getting Voice Actors.
That's neat, but does that have anything whatsoever to do with this thread?

It explains why I didn't have anything of note to report in any way shape or form today, Mr. Snippy.

I agree, that was uncalled-for even if he could have been a bit more succinct. Let's all be polite to each other.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Ribbonfree

• Bay Watcher
  • we 【=◈︿◈=】 boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 25, 2015, 11:02:17 am »

Just a quick heads up. Some major stuff just hit me IRL and I think I'll have to pull out my involvement for now for the sake of the fortress. Sorry.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 25, 2015, 12:17:17 pm »

Just a quick heads up. Some major stuff just hit me IRL and I think I'll have to pull out my involvement for now for the sake of the fortress. Sorry.

Okiedokie. Feel free to re-sign for a turn if you ever come out of it.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 25, 2015, 04:06:08 pm »

I'm going to sign on for another go, if that's alright. Just finished my turn and it'll be up shortly. I feel I'm going to have to repair any architectural damage and military mismanagement if my dwarf survives that long...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 25, 2015, 04:41:19 pm »

9-15-202

Mr Frog put in an order for a bunch of metal, ores, and booze other than 'shroom wine. Guess he's sick of it like everyone else.

9-27-202

The whole population now has a bed and chest to call their own! Still need doors for the rooms, and a few more cabinets, but I think we'll get a solid sense of community from this.

10-3-202

Momuz and his fucking cat. There's piles of vermin in the barracks. Oh, and the liasion had the nerve to put an order for military gear. I kicked him in the balls for it during the meeting. He said he'd "see me hang" for that between the vomit and crying. I'd like to see his bureaucratic mates beat the spawn to it. Food, axes, spears, and shields. Fuck that.

[Screwed the pooch on the screengrab of the export agreement. Giving consideration to upgrading my computer again and I forgot to past the screenie before I copied my computer specs for someone to help me out picking parts.]

10-7-202

Another one. Thankfully the merchant only got bruised up, and the guards dispatched it handily! But this is concerning...

It not only survived having its head bashed in with a mace, but having the head (along with both legs and an arm,)removed, getting disembowelled, and only died after a swordsdwarf sliced it in half. I've ordered the civvies to dispose of that thing with all due haste.

Out of sight, out of mind.

-Added later, written with uncharacteristic care on the part of this Overseer.-

Gods of storm, and stone, stars and wealth, fortresses and justice,
Grant us the courage to face the beasts,
To press on in the face of horrors beyond imagining,
To slay the anathema to the all-maker's designs,
And peace in your halls should we fall in battle.

10-10-202

Caravan's departed, and I've nosed around to find suitable candidates to lead us with more permanence as Baron in the future. I've marked them on the census as "Baron Prospect."

We also have prepared mayoral lodgings, more or less anyway.

10-15-202

The FROG is already working out quite nicely! Two goblins spotted already, though one made the mistake of running in to try and nab someone only to get stabbed in the head BY MEEEEEE!

11-3-202

A cloud blew in and caught two birds. THe turkey gobbler in the FROG is fine though. I decided to handle one of the bloated screeching things myself. Pisskop killed the other with a well-placed bolt to the head.

11-5-202

We have a visitor. Looks like Pisskop's squad is going to see some action in the near future. Hopfully I'll get them in position before the year is out.

12-5-202

Area prepared. Now we wait, I suppose. It likely won't blunder past again until sometime next year (it's in the parts of the caverns we can't see through the holes the miners whacked in the walls,) so I'm bricking up the kill zone.

12-23-202

A couple banshees were spotted today. One slipped in throuhg the old entrance (we haven't gotten the FROG installed yet,) the other got spotted and ran off, but not before pointing and screaming at someone. They said they felt strange, and then... Well, they just dropped and started screaming about thier arms not cooperating and... Good gods, all the twitching...

12-28-202

I've set up a "burrow" in the hospital to act as a panic room. With that, my time as Overseer ends.

It still needs traction benches and soap, but it's otherwise mostly stocked. Also, the leader of The Glowing Roads told me I'd been calling him the wrong thing. Apparently his name is actually "Taupe."

1-1-203

I've left this Logbook in the dining hall for whomever is stupid enough to take charge. Should you require my assistance, you need only ask.
~Col. Splint Silverypeaces,
2nd Overseer of Clobbermountains.

Completioooooooooooooooon!

Alright guys, my turn's up.

We have a hospital/panic room, the current population is housed sans the most recent babies (we have six spare beds, not counting that shitty dormitory,) the entrances are watched, dogs are all waiting to be trained for battle, a decent stock of iron armor, a varied militia with blunt, bladed, ranged, and pokey things the popultion is close to 70 if not past that due to several births in late fall and throughout winter.

We had our first conflicts and injuries as a result of combat, killed some bird mutants and many thieves, got some watch animals in place, foundry ready for whatever, and a steady stream of cabinets and craft goods from the stoneworks, as well as roughly 20 mechanisms stocked up. Military is also set up for the most part. Just point the Golden Men and Glowing Roads at what you want dead and they'll take care of it.

NOTE 1: Gate control is in the barracks next to the doors. Can't miss it.
NOTE 2: Uniforms again, DO NOT INCLUDE WEAPONS. It is on the overseer to assign them as needed to ensure they retain their weaponry.
NOTE 3: Hospital requires soap, additional supplies, and traction benches.
NOTE 4: I have two decent candidates for Noble marked clearly as "Baron Prospect." Those are my recommendations based on their preferences, but do what you will.
NOTE 5: There's a suite of rooms below the graveyard. Those are for MAYORAL USE ONLY. We're overdue for an election and I wanted to simplify the matter of their accommodations for future overseers. Still needs smoothing and an armor stand. They should be sufficient as they are, but if not just yank up some more gold (there's several exposed veins near the hospital) and make a few chairs for the entitled shit.
NOTE 6: Luge is made of water. Eliminate him with The Tan Caves at range. Also, start mass producing ammo for them to train with. Preferably from wood or bone.
NOTE 7: THE CLOUD BUILD-UP APPEARS TO BE A MONTHLY TO BI-WEEKLY OCCURANCE. BEWARE THE CLOUD.

Here's the save guys. Next to die lead, you're up!

cherry-hearts

• Bay Watcher
  • Best Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 25, 2015, 05:01:31 pm »

C.H. reporting in to confirm turn.
"Un estado totalitario armonizará en España el funcionamiento de todas las capacidades y energías del país, que dentro de la Unidad Nacional, el trabajo estimado como el más ineludible de los deberes será el único exponente de la voluntad popular."
—Francisco Franco

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 25, 2015, 05:23:10 pm »

@Splint, cherry-hearts:

Eeyup-a-doodly. Turn list is updated (gonna update the dwarfing list in a bit). Also:

Quote from: Splint
Here's my turn, have a ball. When bad guys show up, just wait a bit for the cloud.

NO. Nononono. If anything with proper weapons and armor gets turned we will spend the next year in a mountain of liquid shit. This is not a groovy idea at all.

I personally think the next turn should be spent building up some kind of mechanism to soften up the Spawn for combat. Engaging them head-on seems like a bad idea.

E: Wait, am I correct in inferring that we now have our first Banshee casualty? Oh boy!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 05:30:33 pm by Mr Frog »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 25, 2015, 05:33:36 pm »

@ Mr Frog: Aww, you foiled my plot to make someone screw up royally! :P

And quite possibly, on the scream casualty. I didn't care enough to pay attention.

EDIT: I can see it now. First term I say "BEWARE THE CLOUD!" Second turn, if I'm alive, I may well be saying "LOVE THE CLOUD!"

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 25, 2015, 05:41:00 pm »

@ Mr Frog: Aww, you foiled my plot to make someone screw up royally! :P

And quite possibly, on the scream casualty. I didn't care enough to pay attention.

EDIT: I can see it now. First term I say "BEWARE THE CLOUD!" Second turn, if I'm alive, I may well be saying "LOVE THE CLOUD!"

If someone doesn't make a war-mutant ranch by your second turn you are literally obligated to do so. I hope you know that :p

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 25, 2015, 05:43:17 pm »

... Would a mutant fighting arena civilians fight in to earn private apartments be an acceptable substitute?

cherry-hearts

• Bay Watcher
  • Best Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 25, 2015, 08:05:13 pm »

Prologue—The Succession of the Dwarven Monarchy:

In those ancient days prior to our current times, the dwarves had not the proud empire they now control. In those days they roamed the wilds as nomads, rarely settling down for prolonged periods of time. In those days there was no king of the dwarves; every dwarf did that which was right in his own eyes. Yet as time went on, the small groups and tribes of dwarves grew larger and absorbed one another, until there was but one mighty tribe for miles, which the dwarves proudly called The Torrid Lash. This new civilization the dwarves based in the ancient capital Mirrorrasped, and there they elected their first ruler: Datan Chewlance, for she was renowned for her virtue and beauty. And it was so declared to be the start of a new era, thereby beginning their new count of the years; so began the year 1.

And Queen Datan Chewlance ruled The Torrid Lash in those days less than a year, before she was ended by the giantess Cobim Fragrantmatched, the Robust Stances. And there was once again no ruler of the dwarves.

In 2, King Bomrek Channeledarm became the second ruler of The Torrid Lash. He did battle with the great beast Cor Sheenjewel, the Contest of Calling, and with Symdaz Wringgorge, the Contested Meteor of Brains, who struck him down in 5. And there was once again no ruler of the dwarves.

And King Bomrek Channeledarm ruled The Torrid Lash in those days three years. And there was once again no ruler of the dwarves.

In 6, Queen ézum Bookmirrors became the third ruler of The Torrid Lash. She was the once the wife of King Bomrek Channeledarm. She did battle with the great beast Ene Cobraesteem, the Assaulted Sabres, and with Akul Spurtingprides, the Blossom of Dawns, who struck her down in 12 and devoured her whole.

And Queen ézum Bookmirrors ruled The Torrid Lash in those days six years. And there was once again no ruler of the dwarves.

In 13, Queen Urist Tradedumras became the fourth ruler of The Torrid Lash. She forswore her  status as a dwarf by profaning The Cobalt Abbey in Mirrorrasped, and ók Cradledsave—god of mountains, caverns, earth—and fortresses did curse her with an eternal thirst for the blood of her kin. She ruled harshly and was regarded by all to be an oppressive ruler, and the deaths that occurred during her rule aroused the suspicion of all. She was killed by a bear in 32. Those dwarves that she killed to satiate her need for blood numbered in total thirty-one.

And Queen Urist Tradedumras ruled The Torrid Lash in those days nineteen years. And there was once again no ruler of the dwarves.

In 33, King Atír Crabstaff became the fifth ruler of The Torrid Lash. The son of the hated Queen Urist Tradedumras, he lifted the oppressive laws of his mother. He did battle with the great beast Sedme Ghostcavern, whom he killed; with Aleni Righteousembraced, the Russet Powers; and with Dùstik Tinbuds, the Silver of Bulbs, who struck him down in 57.

And King Atír Crabstaff ruled The Torrid Lash in those days twenty-four years. And there was once again no ruler of the dwarves.

In 58, Queen Urvad Fortressvoiced became the sixth ruler of The Torrid Lash. She did battle with the goblin Olngö Poisonmatches, whom she killed; with Darlou Spiderbalance, to whom she lost her tooth; with Borlath Greasebirds, the banshee; and with Souslamme Growlally, the banshee. And she ruled effectively until 189, when she died of old age, and she was interred in the tomb The Dignified Lashes in the mountain halls of Hammerjoy, where she sleeps forever under the gods' ever-watchful eyes.

And Queen Urvad Fortressvoiced ruled The Torrid Lash in those days one hundred thirty-one years. And there was once again no ruler of the dwarves.

In 189, King Erib Catchtowns—husband  of Tobul Holdtraded and slayer of the elf Enina Waterwhispers—became the seventh ruler of The Torrid Lash. And his leadership endures unto this day.

Overseer's Log; 1st Granite 203:

Dude! So I, like, found this weird journal thing. I thought it belonged to the colonel, so I showed it to him and he looked, like, really freaked out to see me holding it. After a moment, he calmed down and told me that the fortress was in my hands for one year. Neat!

I suppose that this is a good time to mention that my name's, like, not actually Jeff, dude. That was just the alias that I was working under for a while. Naw, my real name is Jef, Jef with one "f." Cool huh? I fancy myself a sort of criminal mastermind, you know?

I've got a lot of evil plans that I've been itching to try out, but first things first, dude. The colonel gave me, like, a ton of advice, but screw that shit. Let's make me a mansion! I miss my old plantation house. I've already drawn up some early floor-plans, bro.

1st Floor:

2nd Floor:

Basement:

If we have clay lying around, we might as well use it man.

Apparently there's no more ore to smelt, so I told the miners to go and get some, or something. Speaking of metals, being a criminal mastermind and all, I always wanted to try some counterfeiting, so I asked the manager to make me some coins.

Aww yeah! It's gonna be a great year!

OOC: I ♥love♥ history, so I went into Legends Mode to supply a brief history of our civilization's leadership.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 04:48:04 am by cherry-hearts »
"Un estado totalitario armonizará en España el funcionamiento de todas las capacidades y energías del país, que dentro de la Unidad Nacional, el trabajo estimado como el más ineludible de los deberes será el único exponente de la voluntad popular."
—Francisco Franco

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 25, 2015, 09:04:44 pm »

Oho, very amusing! This is going to be good.

Hopefully I can get caught up on journals soon, lol.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 25, 2015, 10:07:37 pm »

Welp, I sense gross misappropriation of Fortress resources (that's literally all our silver going into those coins.) And a military coup in the future if he makes himself baron.

Actually quite the good reason to take that second turn, now that I think about it...  :D

mikethete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 25, 2015, 10:17:26 pm »

Welp, I sense gross misappropriation of Fortress resources (that's literally all our silver going into those coins.) And a military coup in the future if he makes himself baron.

Actually quite the good reason to take that second turn, now that I think about it...  :D

I sense a purge is in order

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 25, 2015, 10:22:20 pm »

I sense a purge is in order

Not sure if you're implying you doing one or not. It'd be a massive waste all the same, since weapon masters tend to take a while to train up without danger rooms in this version.

Speaking of, recommending barring the use Danger rooms and similar training exploits. If the military fucks up, it should really pay for it, not just shove some dudes in a closet and get new murder machines.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 140