Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 372709 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Jungle Fever!
« Reply #300 on: July 28, 2015, 08:46:57 pm »

Probably counts them as "routed" unless there's a valid target in sight.

That's honestly what happens probably, although that also implies a larger problem where crazed/opposed-to-life units with special AI still follow said AI instead of properly sloughing off to go kill things like they should. That also happens with the thieves, as we saw -- they continue on swooceing into your fort to steal things despite the fact that they're supposed to be zombies :V

E: I also got that with a caravan during testing where the turned caravaneers would just leave after slaughtering everything nearby :V Methinks either getting turned or the ensuing fight triggered the "Hey, that was rude! We're leaving!" behaviour. I'm curious as to whether they would have attempted to set up shop at the depot had I had one and had they reached it unmolested.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 08:50:09 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 28, 2015, 08:52:28 pm »

My guess? No.

But at least they do lash out at anything nearby before fucking off.  :)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 28, 2015, 08:54:46 pm »

My guess? No.

Yeah, I guess.

I actually think they would attempt to set up shop provided they had somehow managed to not get in a fight up to that point. Thieves still do everything they're programmed to do if they're mutated, so I don't see why caravanners wouldn't.

I think this calls for SCIENCE. Later. When I feel like it.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 28, 2015, 09:05:19 pm »

That would be a sight to see, probably still wouldn't be the oddest thing I've seen. On another note (and probably one that doesn't need to be said), great fort thus far. I can hardly wait to see the stupid mutant weaponization you actually do end up using, and to see it inevitably blow up in your face somehow.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 28, 2015, 09:09:12 pm »

My guess? No.

Yeah, I guess.

I actually think they would attempt to set up shop provided they had somehow managed to not get in a fight up to that point. Thieves still do everything they're programmed to do if they're mutated, so I don't see why caravanners wouldn't.

I think this calls for SCIENCE. Later. When I feel like it.
You mean !!SCIENCE!!, right???
SCIENCE FOR THE SCIENCE GOD!
RESULTS FOR THE RESULTS THRONE!
THEORIES FOR THE THEORIES SOUP AND CRACKERS!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 28, 2015, 09:19:13 pm »

That would be a sight to see, probably still wouldn't be the oddest thing I've seen. On another note (and probably one that doesn't need to be said), great fort thus far. I can hardly wait to see the stupid mutant weaponization you actually do end up using, and to see it inevitably blow up in your face somehow.

If, by the end, we don't have a full-blown concentration camp that we imprison unneeded migrants and children in for them to be turned into disposable cannon fodder, I may in fact cry. Don't make me cry, people.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 28, 2015, 09:22:28 pm »

If, by the end, we don't have a full-blown concentration camp that we imprison unneeded migrants and children in for them to be turned into disposable cannon fodder, I may in fact cry. Don't make me cry, people.
Do not make Mr Frog sad.  You will not like him when he's sad.
It will end badly.
((Where's that old set of pictures of your avatar moods, anyway?  Should be in SB somewhere...))
((This is why I read the thread instead of the IParchive whatever.  The off-topic is just as important as the on-topic.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 29, 2015, 01:15:18 am »

Crashmaster's Accounting of the End
Ledger A

It's said that some dwarves can sense their own impending doom and become compelled to record the mad, gory descent into oblivion. So I guess I'll get started then. Not surprisingly there are quite a few others carrying journals around here these days.

Life should have been long and simple as a weaponsmith, but his Gaudiness wanted excellent beds and for reasons unexplained he wanted said beds from yours truly. Yeah, me, and not iron beds made of swords like what would seem logical but actual wo-ugh,... w-ugh,... wo-od ones.
I felt the doom when I overheard it was my neck on the line over the beds no one was making but I resisted and taught myself to make the damned things well enough in time to satisfy the mandate. And that's where I elfed it all up. I would have stood a chance at surviving a jail term but working outside of orders and misappropriating resources got me landed in this outpost of the damned. Worst of all I'm officially a carpenter now.

Other then some time spent at the forge here everything only ever gets worse. The first guy in charge rides me like a sonovacrundle all mothersporeing year. Finally get out from under his thumb and find from the new guy, Flint, we need more weapons (that's good) because we are beset by murderous, grotesquely-enlarged and misshaped wildlife and quite possible soon some of our brethren (that's bad).

It seemed it couldn't but this year's been worse, there's a planter running things now, seems almost sober-ish most times. Good foreign policy though. As broker I only had to meet with him once. He couldn't recall my name, I told Jet not to worry, not many dwarves know me as I had been keeping a low profile and generally looking busy since being nearly worked to death by Mr.Fog but Jet here takes the meaning all wrong and the meeting to the halls and is soon introducing me as Crashmaster to what seems like every dwarf in the fortress. Not my thing but what harm could come I asked the doomy feeling intensifying in my stomach.
Not four months later when the question was asked who would replace the hideously deformed mutant freak-bag of a mayor the name Crashmaster was fresh on many minds.

And so book, there it is, I am not just doomed, but a doomed noble, a cure-able nobility maybe, but I fear I see the next step down into madness already, I have feared it since those awful beds, to horrible, to shameful to bear, making an artifact out of wo-ugh,...
[stains]

[/stains]

cherry-hearts

• Bay Watcher
  • Best Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 29, 2015, 01:35:32 am »

@Crashmaster: lel at the irony that Crashmaster can't correctly remember Jef's name.
"Un estado totalitario armonizará en España el funcionamiento de todas las capacidades y energías del país, que dentro de la Unidad Nacional, el trabajo estimado como el más ineludible de los deberes será el único exponente de la voluntad popular."
—Francisco Franco

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 29, 2015, 02:34:10 am »

"...Truly, we cannot ignore this opportunity. His Gaudiness' orders literally run the whole country, they're transmitted by caravans, carriers and signal detachments. Whereas the latter is difficult to intersept, the former two still remain the most popular means of communication... In the last couple years, the situation changed completely. We're slowly getting surrounded by S---n. Bandits and rebels roam the land. Caravans can travel safely no more... In order to protect the caravans and runners, and to make sure that the right orders reach their destination, we're estabilishing a new military squad, Grey Order. It consists mostly of His Excellence' recon units and human mercenary knights (they're stupid but brave, that's helpful). This squads will support the caravaneers and conduct searches in the name of his Excellence (we've obtained the required documents already). By this, we will be able to control all the major trade routes... and the means of communication.

...An angry mob with torches ravaged through the mayor's manor, beat him and his family almost to death and reached to the main square, chanting "Death to the traitor!" and "Glory to the king!". The guards were present, but didn't do anything. Good.

...News from Clobbermountains. They got hit by a "cloud". About four dwarves turned, and the military started to riot. Good thing our agent is still alive, they'll keep us informed."
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 29, 2015, 02:56:28 am »

Galena - Specific dates unknown, ask someone later.

The Cloud claimed four more. Did something different. Warped them, but they were... Quiet, I guess. Sounded like they had a plague doctor's mask on. Told Dastot, says it was probably swelling and the strange growth on their necks causing that.

Three craftsmen and a Farmhand. Four killed. Morale tanked as a result of course, but at least that one jerk can't impose himself as mayor when he's in a stone box. Way I heard it this Kumil git said "You know what, I bet they need a Mayor!" And boom. Apparently he was mayor then. Fuck him. Deserved it. Not the other three though.

Having to put down four dwarves, in addition to that goblin murdering Sazir's child... It was her own fault for not leaving the poor kid with one of the crafters, but I can't tell her that. She'd probably kill me in my sleep right now if I did. Regardless, I'm just glad they didn't do anything drastic. Yesterday they'd gone to Jef after daily drills and made some demands regarding their treatment. It was all ImagoDeo and Wolf could do to keep them from going down there with lethal intent. Couldn't have picked a worse time to use the restrooms, but I doubt I could've done much better than those two did.

At any rate, Jef's promised to issue us some new flasks and field packs to carry rations, and even offered to have the barracks spruced up some to try and lift the Militia's spirits! He's not the best person for this job,but he's at least doing right by the crafters (what with the expansion of non-military industries and picking up where I left off with medical supplies for the whole fort,) and military (what with the swanky new flasks and packs.) He's even making sure the dig team has the hands it needs to get any major mining projects done!

That's good enough for me I suppose.

Taking guesses for fun if anyone's getting the reference I'm making regarding The Cloud's latest victims.

cherry-hearts

• Bay Watcher
  • Best Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 29, 2015, 03:46:01 am »

Overseer's Log; 7th Limestone 203:

DUDE! That angry sword lady got went crazy today! She was babbling about her baby, or some shit like that, then she just started attacking the human guards!

She went down pretty quickly though. She managed to hurt a couple people, but that whip guy just knocked her brains out; that's gotta hurt. I apologized to the humans and they seem pretty chill about it. I guess this sort of shit happens often enough, or they wouldn't bring guards in the first place.

Overseer's Log; 10th Limestone 203:

Those dogs just keep making puppies.

Well,
c'est la vie, or whatever. I kinda like the taste of 'em anyway.

Overseer's Log; 12th Limestone 203:

So, today's the day when we were going to trade with the humans, right? Well, since Crashmaster's both the broker AND the mayor, I thought I'd be nice and do the trading myself.

Yeah, it was pretty neat. I traded some of our neat stuff for some of their neat stuff, and everyone left happy.

Oh yeah! Two puppies were also born today so I ordered them to be put to death.

Overseer's Log; 16th Limestone 203:

New artifact bro!

This is TOTALLY going in my personally study once my mansion is finished!

OOC: Will post some interesting engravings later today if there are any.
"Un estado totalitario armonizará en España el funcionamiento de todas las capacidades y energías del país, que dentro de la Unidad Nacional, el trabajo estimado como el más ineludible de los deberes será el único exponente de la voluntad popular."
—Francisco Franco

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 29, 2015, 04:13:39 am »

Well shit, guess Sazir didn't take the whole dead baby thing too well, did she?

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 29, 2015, 11:29:26 am »

So we have a throne upon which is engraved a perfect replica of said throne...

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 29, 2015, 02:27:08 pm »

Overseer's Log; 7th Limestone 203:

DUDE! That angry sword lady got went crazy today! She was babbling about her baby, or some shit like that, then she just started attacking the human guards!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

How likely do you think it is that this is going to turn into a military tantrum spiral and Splint's not gonna live to see his next term?

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 140