Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 377866 times)

cherry-hearts

• Bay Watcher
  • Best Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Jungle Fever!
« Reply #315 on: July 29, 2015, 02:37:20 pm »

Overseer's Log; 20th Limestone 203:

The humans packed up their stuff and said that they were going to head out today. I wish they had some time to just stick around and chill for a while, maybe have a smoke or something, but I guess they've got stuff to do. I do hope that they don't run into any clouds.

Meanwhile, I've ordered the traps installed near the depot entrance. I'm not going to go too much further as far as traps go, because that Frog guy'll have my ass if he sees too many traps.

I've also ordered just about every workshop into overdrive, cause work seems to helps people, like, chill out sometimes. It also makes more good stuff for the fortress.

Overseer's Log; 3rd Sandstone 203:

Another one of those goblin guys that went all freaky came for more children. It's too bad that she decided to look for children in the barracks.

Disaster averted dudes! Dump her in the volcano and call it a day.

Overseer's Log; 4th Sandstone 203:

So, there was kinda a minor cave-in at the construction site of my mansion today.

It was nothing major, really, and no-one got hurt badly. Still, I don't think it'll do well for the mind-set of some of the really uptight guys here. People are just really on-edge lately; another one of the soldier guys went insane just yesterday, though he's acting funnier than the last crazy soldier.

I think I'll just let him hang out.

Overseer's Log; 15th Sandstone 203:

Well, this is JUST GREAT! Another one of those clouds comes along, and I tell people to get inside, but they just DON'T LISTEN! One of the sarges was running outside, and I was all "bro, you need to get inside" and I ordered him to go to the hospital. But he was all, "bro, I need to get something," and he ran right into the cloud.

I'm just gonna lock the door this time. Eventually, I'll send the colonel out, or something, but for now, I just need a smoke.

Overseer's Log; 16th Sandstone 203:

The metalsmith mutant dude was crushed when we raised the drawbridge. There's, like, totally nothing left of him at all. Cool.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 06:37:39 pm by cherry-hearts »
"Un estado totalitario armonizará en España el funcionamiento de todas las capacidades y energías del país, que dentro de la Unidad Nacional, el trabajo estimado como el más ineludible de los deberes será el único exponente de la voluntad popular."
—Francisco Franco

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 29, 2015, 03:45:28 pm »

This smoke screws the fortress at the speed of sound wind. Gas masks, anyone?
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 29, 2015, 04:13:19 pm »

What I wanna know is why they were outside at all.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 29, 2015, 04:29:11 pm »

That's what I was wondering. I do know that there's a bug in 34x (at least; not sure if it's still in 40x) where soldiers would occasionally loiter around the spot they were last stationed at, but that doesn't explain why the metalsmith, the mayor, and all those craftsdwarves were doing outside. I've never had a dwarf ignore a burrow restriction (from the military screen; manually assigning them to the burrow tends to get ignored for a week or so in my experience) or take a job that would take them outside the burrow; hell, it's getting them to shut up about the damn job cancellations that's the hard part :V
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 29, 2015, 04:33:05 pm »

So we have a throne upon which is engraved a perfect replica of said throne...
Recursive recursive recursive recursive recursive recursive *carries on to infinity*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 29, 2015, 04:38:33 pm »

That's what I was wondering. I do know that there's a bug in 34x (at least; not sure if it's still in 40x) where soldiers would occasionally loiter around the spot they were last stationed at, but that doesn't explain why the metalsmith, the mayor, and all those craftsdwarves were doing outside. I've never had a dwarf ignore a burrow restriction (from the military screen; manually assigning them to the burrow tends to get ignored for a week or so in my experience) or take a job that would take them outside the burrow; hell, it's getting them to shut up about the damn job cancellations that's the hard part :V

Those craftsdarves and the first mayor were the ass end of a migrant wave and were supremely unlucky.

We may need to get the patrol duty script to fix thier bad thoughts, because that's clearly the primary problem, and we really can't afford to leave them off-duty.

I'm sincerely worried about taking out ImagoDeo, cause I'm pretty sure he has a full suit of armor, and with the ammo we have, I dunno if the Marksdwarves could incapacitate him.

As to prevention, and do not say my dwarf said this, a burrow alert could have potentially averted losing at least one valuable worker and a passable soldier.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 29, 2015, 05:07:06 pm »

Even if ImagoDeo is a mutant, he's still weak to magma if all else fails. Plus, he's wearing iron armor, so we wouldn't even be wasting metal.

E: On second thought, luring him into the magma would be difficult...

E2: Why not see if we can get him to kill Luge for us? Either way, one of our problems gets solved.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 05:31:28 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 29, 2015, 05:35:30 pm »

Even if ImagoDeo is a mutant, he's still weak to magma if all else fails. Plus, he's wearing iron armor, so we wouldn't even be wasting metal.

E: On second thought, luring him into the magma would be difficult...

E2: Why not see if we can get him to kill Luge for us? Either way, one of our problems gets solved.
Can the clouds be kept somewhere reliably, or do they just vanish after a while even when inside? Because we could actually create a sort of antechamber where we throw gear from a hole, send useless migrants there, have them equiped with decent-ish gear, and unleash them against any cavern monster we come across.

E: Wait I guess it makes more sense to equip them BEFORE we send them to the magical chamber of happenstances.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 29, 2015, 05:48:26 pm »

I'll be honest, I'm against deliberately (we may as well be,) killing our own people. All these deaths this year are going very negatively affect replacement rates for losses at this rate.

cherry-hearts

• Bay Watcher
  • Best Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 29, 2015, 06:36:55 pm »

Overseer's Log; 28th Sandstone 203:

Migrants are coming, so I gotta find a way to get them inside without issue, cause the monster sarge is still out there. I'm having the troops guard the main entrance, which I unlocked so that they can all just slip in and call it a day. I'll be inside, safely smoking and hoping that all goes well.

Overseer's Log; 8th Timber 203:

The migrants are all safe inside; no-one got hurt. Thanks to the totally awesome suppressing fire given by the crossbow guys, ZombieDeo got the hint to piss off whenever he got too close. Now we're all cozy inside the fortress, which I've locked down. No-one gets in; no-one gets out.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 03:58:58 am by cherry-hearts »
"Un estado totalitario armonizará en España el funcionamiento de todas las capacidades y energías del país, que dentro de la Unidad Nacional, el trabajo estimado como el más ineludible de los deberes será el único exponente de la voluntad popular."
—Francisco Franco

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 29, 2015, 09:43:16 pm »

Overseer's Log; 28th Sandstone 203:

Migrants are coming, so I gotta find a way to get them inside without issue, cause the monster sarge is still out there. I'm having the troops guard the main entrance, which I unlocked so that they can all just slip in and call it a day. I'll be inside, safely smoking and hoping that all goes well.

Overseer's Log; 8th Timber 203:

The migrants are all safe inside; no-one got hurt. Thanks to the totally awesome suppressing fire given by the crossbow guys, ZombieDeo got the hint to piss off whenever he got too close. Now we're all cozy inside the fortress, which I've locked down. No-one gets in; no-one gets out

So we aren't even three years in and we are now literally being laid siege by one of our own dwarves. This is beautiful.

It'd be hilarious if ZombieDeo takes out a siege for us :V

cherry-hearts

• Bay Watcher
  • Best Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 30, 2015, 03:58:24 am »

Overseer's Log; 15th Timber 203:

I was having a smoke by the drawbridge, leaning right against so I could kinda hear some of the stuff that was going on outside. It might have been my imagination, but I thought I heard a faint laugh of victory, as if someone just, like, won the lottery or something.

Then I heard, like, this faint battle cry and some marching. But after that, I heard the sound of those freaky clouds moving around, and I think I heard a brief struggle or something, but it might have just been my imagination. In any case, whatever I heard, it sounded like it just shuffled away.

Overseer's Log; 17th Timber 203:

I'm DEFINITELY hearing something going on outside! It sounds like a group of those creepy ladies is fighting ZombieDeo!

I can hear the sound of his armor, and it sounds like he's screaming pretty loudly. I'm sure he'll give them what for with his weapon.

Overseer's Log; 19th Timber 203:

So, I heard some guys that didn't sound freaky calling for us, so I opened the door and some merchants came into the depot. There weren't as many as I had expected; they didn't have wagons, just the guys leading animals. I asked them what was up, and they said that when they showed up, our fort was all locked up, so most of the merchants took that as an excuse to get as far away from here as possible as soon as possible. I really gotta admire these guys that stuck around; I don't really remember who ordered the doors locked up, cause I'm feeling a little hazy, but when I figure out who it is, I'll have his ass.

I asked the merchants how our zombie friend is doing, and they said that he had been running away from the weird screamo ladies in terror for a while, and that they eventually killed him.

Shoot, and he was, like, really cool.

They also say that the ladies are attacking this year's liaison, so I ordered the troops to go and rescue him.

Overseer's Log; 22nd Timber 203:

Well, that didn't REALLY go according to plan. I mean, we managed to kill one of their thieves, and most of their squad, but they also managed to kill the liaison. I told the merchants that we'd bury him as if he was one of us, and they, like, shrugged their shoulders in response; I think that means "go for it."

OOC: So, one squad of banshees was completely mutated, so they left. The next squad killed ImageDeo and the liaison for this year; most of them were killed by the militia. I don't think these mutants are as vicious as they're supposed to be.

No liaison means we're not gonna be a barony this year. :^(
—Francisco Franco

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 30, 2015, 04:01:26 am »

Huh, guess we don't have the armor to outfit everyone. Might uh... Wanna take care of that. my concerns were for naught.

cherry-hearts

• Bay Watcher
  • Best Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 30, 2015, 02:22:53 pm »

Overseer's Log; 1st Moonstone 203:

It's Winter! That means it's gonna get a little bit more chilly and stuff; good thing we have the heat of the volcano to keep us warm. It also means that I have only one season left to do stuff, so I better do the right stuff, and I'm not talking about space exploration (get it?).

I've made a list of what I hope to accomplish this season, from the highest to the lowest priority:
- Finish Jef Manor (that's it's official name!)
- Make more stockpiles
- Make more bedrooms (I'll just use the colonel's model, I guess)
- Make more workshops
- Authorize cavern exploration
- Re-organize the military
- Establish a fortress guard

If all that stuff gets done, I guess I'll be able to consider myself, like, the greatest bossman ever!

Overseer's Log; 6th Moonstone 203:

So, we traded with the merchants today. I did the trading myself, because Crashmaster is still the mayor and I didn't want to cause him too much stress. They didn't have too much stuff, just some metal, some rock, some lye, some drink, and one bin of leather. There was so little that I could buy them out with my counterfeit coins! Now I can cross "use counterfeit coins" off of my Criminal Mastermind Bucket List.

I decided that the king should see these neat coins for himself, so I gave the merchants one copper coin, one silver coin, and one gold coin to take to him.

I hope he likes them.

Also the crazy farmer guy died.

Too bad, cause he was really funny to look at.

Overseer's Log; 22nd Moonstone 203:

The traders packed up and left today; it didn't take them long, seeing as they just had coins to carry. Also some puppies were born so I had them killed.
—Francisco Franco

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 30, 2015, 02:29:56 pm »

Yeah, the mutants being a bit cowardly is my fault. It didn't occur to me to give them NOFEAR. My apologies.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 140