Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 378180 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Jungle Fever!
« Reply #360 on: August 04, 2015, 12:54:00 pm »

look, move me down one turn pls. unable to do it now.

Groovy. @pisskop, if now's a bad time for you, say so promptly and I'll hand the save off to Taupe.

E: Whoops, forgot to send the PM. It's been a silly day.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 04:27:07 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 04, 2015, 05:02:35 pm »

I start up tomorrow!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 04, 2015, 05:27:53 pm »

Can somebody halp.

I cant remember how to enable window resizing; specifically using the mouse to do so after the game has begun.

maybe I shouldnty use windows legacy dl?

pedit: duh.  Its all fixidfied now >.<
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 05:31:16 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 04, 2015, 06:15:38 pm »

So a few notes.

-1 cavern was pierced.  It was rewalled, probs before that FB got in.
-The FB is playing nintendo in the cavern lake now, and has poisonous dust (read: everybody who gets close will die)
-There is a bloddy mess in the trade depot, and several military dwarves are unhappy.
-There is no aquifer?
-There are not enough bedrooms?  AND NO DORM
-The barracks are woefully underdecorated :(
-No crazed monseters topside \o/  But it is a 'dust' rather than a 'mist'?

-With this in mind I want to:
-Add an actual catchall dorm room
-Embelish that existing barracks and probs establish a secondary one down by the caverns
-Clean up that FB
-Dig deeper.
-Maybe mechanical wonders.
PKs DF Mod!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 04, 2015, 06:24:05 pm »

- Seething mist in noncontagious.
- We do have a dorm, unless cherry-hearts cannibalized the beds. Should be across from Noel's office/bedroom.
- Housing likely needs to be addressed. I'd recommend capping population to get that sorted out. Absolute minimum from the design I have in place is four beds in the corners and a single door. Great for small families!
- Barracks sprucing up wasn't a priority.
- Can reduce the unhappiness with the patrol duty fix script for DFhack. Having to kill mutated dwarves will still cause extreme unhappiness. Mikethete and Splint may not be in as great a risk for tantrums though, being weapon masters.
- Mr Frog disables aquifers on principle, which honestly with the spawn around is a sound decision. Don't have time to fuck with piercing potentially multiple layers. So if you want water, you'll probably have to pull it from the caverns.
- Luge needs to be engaged at range. Should be easy, but the problem is getting him where we can kill him.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 04, 2015, 07:40:13 pm »

01Granite204

I'm sick of it!  If I have to continue under the reign of clausterphobia and death much longer I'll go stark mad!  I've watched all manner of animals die, I've seen those elf-cursed plantmonsters tear at our civilians, I've been on duty since time immemorial, and I've even lost my love to this accursed place.  We're letting a perfectly good cavern go to waste because some overblown fog machine is viling up in the lake, and we're too afraid to step foot outside!

The barracks is shoddy, we've got dead dwarves lining the garbage chute access area, and I can't remember the last time I took a bath.  I'm itching for some better combat, or at least starting a nice bone jewerly shop . . .

I'm going to march right up to the overseer and demand that changes be made!  how dare I not even have the decency of a gravestone while I risk my neck and soul in this sinister hellhole.  there must be 40 soddin' volcanoes in the valley between the mountainhomes and here; why were we sent here?

. . . I must have been pretty terrifying, because they all but handed me the barony title.    The nobility doesn't seem to pay much mind at this, but I had no clue itd be so easy to just . . . usurp the practical authority.
  The first thing I did was to create a template and map of the world as we know it.  Next, I planned out modest expansions and took in the fort to plan for my expansions.  I figure its only a matter of time before somebody repeats my actions and I gotta make the best of the time I have.  Gotta cater to my Priorities.

P.S.  This is not a journal!  So many of our dwarves keep those silly things, drawing pictographs because they can't be bothered to read.  Well, I'll show them.  this is a prayer!  Yes, by praying to my god Tunam I can log this whole endeavor for all time.  Check and mate, hipsters.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 07:51:14 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 04, 2015, 08:10:15 pm »

WOO! THE MURDER INTENSE SNUGGLING TRAIN IS FINALLY ROLLING ONCE AGAIN!

Yeah, consider yourself actually under standing orders to have "tweak patrolduty" or whatever the command is active at all times, since as far as I can tell literally all it does is temporarily patch the game so that soldiers don't get pissy on patrol duty WHILE TRAINING, which was honestly something I detested about DF2012 (learning about that tweak will probably give the game new life for me, lol)

I don't think I straight-up turned the aquifers off in these raws, but yes, the embark doesn't have an aquifer unless I severely wasn't paying attention. Which is possible.
     I actually wanted a site with a partial aquifer, as the potential for some genius tunnelling into one from below and causing a flooding crisis was extremely-attractive, but I decided having both a volcano, iron ore and mist took priority; there was one spot somewhere in the eastern side of the map that looked promising, but there sadly wasn't any iron or even copper IIRC.

The seething mist is actually a gas -- I just couldn't think of a better name. There is as far as I know no potential for cross-contamination, don't worry.

Also please please please build mechanical bullshit so that none of the next Overseers have any clue what it's for or how to operate it and hilarious things will happen.

E: Also, please try to report on mutant behaviour, as I'm not quite sure if the change to the raws actually "took". *crosses fingers and hopes the game doesn't crash*

E2: I don't know why I keep typing "patrol duty" instead of "training" but I wish I wouldn't.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 08:19:52 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 04, 2015, 08:26:29 pm »

There's a reason I keep calling it "The Cloud."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 04, 2015, 08:33:48 pm »

You know, crazy ideas, but y not give the non-lord militia time off every once in a while?  :P

Give them secondary jobs that usually never get done, like bonecrafting, animal hauling, soap making, potash making, herbology, and the always popular weaving and strand extracting.  Or even fishing or glazing.

I am especially fond of giving them pump operating, doctor, or engraver.  The hope is that theyll engrave their personal experiences . . .
PKs DF Mod!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 04, 2015, 08:46:42 pm »

34.11 isn't anywhere near as quick as far as training is. Without exploits and using a relatively small squad (3-4 dwarves) it can take up to two years without live training to get them to where they can face Spawn without habitually suffering from critical existence failure. Since Spawn can soak up anything poorly trained soldiers can throw at them barring lucky killshots, it'd more a sound decision to keep at least two squads training.

The Marksdwarves can be deactivated until they're needed. Have them make thier own training ammo. Should only have the Glowing Roads and Golden Men active besides them, unless cherry-hearts activated the whole damn militia.

We should also have plenty of dwarves to reassign to other tasks, unless 30 people dropped dead when I wasn't looking.

Herbalism, fishing - Please don't. Morale is tanking badly enough without deliberately sending people out to be mutated as fishermen and plant gatherers. Good soldiers are rather difficult to replace in 34.11.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 04, 2015, 08:57:41 pm »

I meant in general, not this fort :P

Alothough I was thinking about the cavern.  Its one trap away from being FB clean.
PKs DF Mod!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 04, 2015, 09:03:05 pm »

ah. Misunderstood then, but the points still stand. :P

As to Luge, I tried luring him in with an open path, and a waiting firing line of ready marksdwarves, but he didn't take the bait. Could try a cave-in trap, maybe he'll take some inanimate bait...

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 04, 2015, 09:16:52 pm »

I think a secondary part of the angry-soldiers bug was that, due to a logic mistake in the code, off-duty soldiers would never actually get less tired of patrol duty (the bad thoughts would wear off, yeah, but they'd come back in full force once you re-drafted them), so giving them time off wasn't actually that effective in the long run. It would at least give them happy thoughts due to being satisfied at work, I guess.

Also, it's kind of funny to see comments about how slowly soldiers train in 34x... I remember when DF2010 first came out and for the longest time it was damn near impossible to get soldiers to do anything productive. 34x's military is blazingly-efficient in comparison.

If Luge is swimming or flying, he might not respond to external lures due to a pathing gaffe in 34x. Just dropping the ceiling on him might be quicker, lol.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 04, 2015, 09:21:53 pm »

all my dwarves in my own raws have slow learner,  So it too a wood crafter almost 4 year to gain grand master skill.
PKs DF Mod!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 04, 2015, 09:24:23 pm »

all my dwarves in my own raws have slow learner

...Why.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 140