Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 378326 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- We ♥ Puppies!
« Reply #420 on: August 10, 2015, 04:18:22 pm »

Spawn don't come packing weapons, so they'll always be considered wrestlers. Thank the gods.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 10, 2015, 04:32:37 pm »

Holy carp they're toughies.

Lets see . . .  We have a hero dwarf, Wolf died, and  it looked like a mosh pit out there.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 10, 2015, 04:35:37 pm »

Holy carp they're toughies.

Lets see . . .  We have a hero dwarf, Wolf died, and  it looked like a mosh pit out there.

Comes from only having two weaknesses (they're more vulnerable in general combat in v40 thanks to pulping.)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 10, 2015, 04:48:47 pm »

Holistic ambush!  They got right inside the trade depot while the dwarves were there trading!  Most of 'em as still considered wrestlers, so . . .

Spawn should always be wrestlers, as I didn't give them weapons.

E: Missed a bunch of posts. Oopsle-dizzles.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 04:50:21 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 10, 2015, 04:51:03 pm »

I know they have natskills, but didnt know they lacked weapons.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 10, 2015, 04:53:58 pm »

They had brains, though, according to the combat logs.

pedit:  you bugger!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

PKs DF Mod!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 10, 2015, 04:57:18 pm »

They don't need thier brains. If you'd paid attention you'd have seen that one got its head bashed in during an earlier turn and kept on truckin'. Frankly the more I think about it the less I like it (due more to the game's priorities being HEADDAMAGEHEADDAMAGEHEADDAMAGE than even my own distaste for things that take a disproportionate amount of effort to kill for no rewards.)

That response to the syndrome leads me to believe we're going to need... A few, replacement soldiers.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 10, 2015, 05:09:03 pm »

They don't need thier brains. If you'd paid attention you'd have seen that one got its head bashed in during an earlier turn and kept on truckin'. Frankly the more I think about it the less I like it (due more to the game's priorities being HEADDAMAGEHEADDAMAGEHEADDAMAGE than even my own distaste for things that take a disproportionate amount of effort to kill for no rewards.)

That response to the syndrome leads me to believe we're going to need... A few, replacement soldiers.

All I care about is a) did it work as intended and b) did they fart

E: Also, I cannot describe the joy I felt at pisskop's post. I have now surprise-fucked two separate succession forts with the Spawnitis bite. What a time to be alive.

E2: Also, I'm like 99% sure that their "heads" don't even have the HEAD tag, so the game shouldn't prioritise attacking them. I might be wrong, though.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 05:17:47 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 10, 2015, 05:24:59 pm »

In any case, we did pretty well because I was able to muster the speardwarves and enough civilians distracted them.  You cant hit what dodges.

I didnt check, but is their bite tracked to their teeth or mouth?

pedit:  Tooth.  All the the macemen and hammermen bashed the teeth out of the spawn.  :P
PKs DF Mod!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 10, 2015, 05:27:24 pm »

In any case, we did pretty well because I was able to muster the speardwarves and enough civilians distracted them.  You cant hit what dodges.

I didnt check, but is their bite tracked to their teeth or mouth?

pedit:  Tooth.  All the the macemen and hammermen bashed the teeth out of the spawn.  :P

I wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for them to bite without teeth (plus I think that's the only way to get them to actually use the teeth to cut?), although part of me wishes it were possible to make them just try to gum you in lieu of actual teeth.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 10, 2015, 05:28:25 pm »

Storytime! I'll probably come up with something better (a picture) soon, but here's it anyway.

Spoiler: Wall of text. (click to show/hide)
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 10, 2015, 06:18:46 pm »

Tumal, Light of Hope in our Dark;

We let the humie run free, and eventually it left the map through the cavern.  Who knows what adventures await a maimed human who can't see in the dark.  Perhaps a warrior's death.
  The guard began using the archry range, utilizing their brief time off to enhancer skills they otherwise have no access to.  We have dug out a room for my child, and finished digging out the cistern.  The entrance to the next cavern has been secured via a lever in my room, across from the mutant goblin thief we have chained up.  The beast tries without fail to escape his confines, to the point of being quite harmless to us. 

While stationed topside a speardwarf named Besmar flung a crate of weapons clear into the horizon!  We dare not risk the seeting mist to go get it, so its lost to us.
Spoiler: Flung weapon crate (click to show/hide)
He will be given no punsihment despite the lose of property because the one punch he threw landed upon metal gauntlets.

We had just finsihed digging out our entrance and hooking up the bridge when a forgotten beast of small worth appeared.
Spoiler: Kobem (click to show/hide)
  1 shot from a bone crossbow fixed it good, bisecting it.

We began construction of an arena today.  we started by building a tunnel and bridge as well as a quick access staircase, and then continued from there.  Unfortunately, the designated dump items were still being carelessly flung into the caldara, with lethal results for a working mason.
Spoiler: Goblin skelingtons (click to show/hide)

The work continued, a jail established and a food stockpile dug, as well as work on getting myself a nether-cap bed to sleep on.  I get chills thinking about how it will sooth my aching bones . . .  My muscles often hurt, and are quite tight.
  My musings are interupted with the arrival of the dwarven caravan.  They siddle on up, and we bring our marvelous crafts; the chief amoung them being the exceptional quality gold wheelbarrows I have been crafting all year.  24 of them by now, with maybe half being exceptional.  Speaking of exceptional, I have officially moved into my quarters!  I was just relaxing in my office, asdorned with its artifact armor stand, when the mayor runs up, panting.
  'I'VE BEEN OVERTHROWN!!  Stop their madness, reinstate me as the rightful mayor!  I beseech you! I made you!  They can't do this to meeee!'

It seems that Mister No-One-Of-Consequence was outvoted by Shem the marksdwarf.  Humph.  I'm not destroying the rightful gain of a fellow Xbow.  He'll have to make due.  But I did decide to create a proper mayoral office.  I was halfway through with laying out the furniture and establishing our cistern floodgate lever when I heard about the attack.
Spoiler: Holistic Ambush! (click to show/hide)

Imgur is not cooperating tonight, and Its not uploading my pics of the holistic :|  posting the rest when I can.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 06:23:02 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 10, 2015, 06:39:09 pm »

>Xbow

Would it really kill people to type out the whole damn word?

As to imgur, glad I'm not the only one having issues with it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 10, 2015, 06:42:34 pm »

but I literally refer to them as 'x'bows.  Its slang?
PKs DF Mod!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 10, 2015, 07:22:53 pm »

So basically a mason just died because he was knocked out under a dump site by a falling skeleton and our dwarves continued to dump goblin parts on him over and over until his head got smashed in. Sweet.

E: @Monitor_Lisard: Good piece BTW, although the formatting for the text is a bit unusual. I'm wondering just what the hell Blackwood did to the Prosecutor, lol. He seemed eerily-complacent afterwards...

Just want to point out (for the sake of remindering) that vampire OCs are totally okay (since I'm 95% sure that Blackwood is supposed to be a vampire of some sort, or perhaps a very powerful necromancer) but please keep it within the bounds of vanilla-ish DF, as per the OP, and to not make him too overpowered or special. I really hate to say that, since I hate shackling peoples' creativity, but I've seen firsthand how that kind of stuff can snowball after a while, hahaha.

Looking forward to the picture!!

E2: Fiddled with the wording a lot.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 11:03:19 pm by Mr Frog »

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 140