Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 378022 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- We ♥ Puppies!
« Reply #465 on: August 13, 2015, 10:12:44 am »

Sign me up for a turn 2.

also, I wouldm take you up on the offer for a adventurer.  How gwolfi doing?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #466 on: August 13, 2015, 10:28:45 am »

im doing [CONTENT_REMOVED] lovely. expect spring/early summer update tomorrow.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 02:19:11 pm by Gwolfski »
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 14, 2015, 01:42:10 pm »

I go on vacation for ten days and I come back and my character is dead. Yaaay.

Oh well. I'll just re-dorf myself when it comes time.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 14, 2015, 02:28:39 pm »

We have like 150 dwarves lying around; we can totally re-dorf you right away. Why wait? It's not like you'll, I dunno, be gnawed to death by demonspawn in the interim.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 14, 2015, 02:55:36 pm »

We have like 150 dwarves lying around; we can totally re-dorf you right away. Why wait? It's not like you'll, I dunno, be gnawed to death by demonspawn in the interim.

166 ;)

But like I said there's like 30 minors in the fort rn.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 14, 2015, 03:11:39 pm »

166 ;)

But like I said there's like 30 minors in the fort rn.

We should forge a bunch of picks so that when the time comes those minors can become miners
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 14, 2015, 03:26:06 pm »

Zaneg had been restless as of late. Everyday she complained of their current dorm, or long patrol duties. She claimed to have once loved being outside, but no longer. not after the time they spent in the jungle. Now the view of plants and monkeys, the sunlight, even walking outside at night made her uncomfortable. Nowadays, she hardly left the lower levels of the fort unless she was specifically ordered to. And of course, being the sergeant around meant the blame fell on him when his wife complained about her duty. Sometimes he wondered if they were really meant for another, now that they were back to civilisation...

They had met on the caravan. Once the convoy found itself lost in the jungle, without a guide, they spent two months wandering the region, slowly but surely finding a path toward the three peaks under which Clobbermountain lurked. During the times were they weren't saddling the yaks hurriedly, they spent their time talking. Zaneg and himself had much in common, it turned out, as they both took part in the War of Beasts back in the days. Then, as the campaign drew to a close, they were moved back to the capital, before being assigned as Capital Guards. The capital was a huge place; the two had never run into each other, or if they did, the thick iron uniform they all wore made it impossible to know.

Those almost-shared memories made it easier to survive the trial. As the only two fighting dwarves amidst the lost migrants, the weight of leadership soon fell upon them. they were responsible for the safety of the wanderers, but also found themselves taking decisions and giving orders around. Around the campfire, Zaneg would sometimes recall stories and fun facts from the war, or from her days in the capital guards. ''Have you heard about the day captain Urist almost drown in a barrel of rhum?'' she'd ask. ''I heard it was a wagon. I can't imagine the captain fitting in a barrel''

But they weren't in the jungle anymore. Clobbermountain had welcomed them. They had shared meals with the civilians, carried shield and swords into battle, and defended the fortress against  hollistic spawns. Banshees too. Their time spent wandering the region gave them useful insight when tracking the witch devils. For a time Zaneg had been ecstatic. Dry beds, fresh meals, and new faces to talk to. She even marvelled at the quality of the metal here. ''We are the frontline of defense in this fortress, not mere backup guards like we were. We need good gear, and the blacksmiths know this.'' None of that stuck, tho. Nowadays, there wasn't a day that went by without a new complaint. ''The bedroom is not private, and too small. I'm tired of the same stale drinks. I wish the armor was lighter, and the rounds shorter. Why is it me who has to go outside again? I hate this place, the way I have to go down then up then down again to reach anything.''

Recently the colonel had been slain in battle. A gruesome fight, a courageous stand. The colonel had died all the same, but most agreed that he saved many lives doing so. Horrific as it was, his loss also created a power vacuum, of sort. There weren't many soldiers around. If he could just talk to the right people about it... All he needed was one year, one year as overseer. As a sergeant, that wasn't out of reach. Then he could order themselves some better quarters, with a vast bedroom and golden furniture, and an engraved tomb for both of them. ''Just give me a year'' he told his wife. ''One year of patrol and communal bedroom, and I'll solve all of this. I'll make you happy.''

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #472 on: August 14, 2015, 03:31:21 pm »

would you be terribly mad at me if i delay an update till tommorow? 'cos i need to.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 14, 2015, 03:36:54 pm »

would you be terribly mad at me if i delay an update till tommorow? 'cos i need to.

Just try not to make a habit of it.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #474 on: August 14, 2015, 03:38:27 pm »

Just try not to make a habit of it.

i thought i would have time, but unexpected issues popped up
Gwolfski cancels Write Report: Interrupted by Housework

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
If Bay12 was a fortress part 3: return of the chaos
« Reply #475 on: August 15, 2015, 04:53:53 pm »

Report time!

"Hello, my name is Gwolf2ki, and I supervise all the mechanics of this fort. There is not much, but I will change that. Anyway, the most important thing is that I know have a wonderful bedroom! The second most important thing is that that horrible 'seething mist' has claimed so many of our friends. Thankfully, they were all captured and pitted into the volcano. To counter that, I shall plan out a great wall surrounding our fortress! I have also ordered parts of the fortress smoothed and I have planned some digging work for more storage and materials. This is the firts of four reports that I will write. Goodbye, and don't let the mist get you!

{Images soon, the original ones were lost due to USB stick corruption}

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 15, 2015, 05:09:17 pm »

Ahem. Dwarven or goblin?  Or animal.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 15, 2015, 05:18:28 pm »

I hope my second turn comes on a sunday or tuesday. Because as of right now thanks to my new job my everything hurts.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 15, 2015, 06:25:15 pm »

I hope my second turn comes on a sunday or tuesday. Because as of right now thanks to my new job my everything hurts.
Ouch.
Hope you feel better.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 16, 2015, 10:18:10 pm »

If there's space, the thread title should be changed to "We <3 Puppy Biscuits!"

Or "We <3 Puppy Genocide!"

Either one.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 140