Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 378955 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- We ♥ Puppies!
« Reply #555 on: August 27, 2015, 01:42:26 pm »

I picked up the save.  Gwolfie, you used a tileset?  The next person will want to make sure that the proper files are vanilla before replacing them with default values.

Also what is this?  Besides trap spam
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You should give us write ups pls.  My dwarf is dead, you're a baron, wtf happened?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 01:46:57 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 27, 2015, 02:01:46 pm »

Okay, Mr Frog died in a cave-in.  I died to a goblin.  At least 1 hero dwarf fell off that bridge(?), 1 dwarf died to <unknown>, and theres like 400 more battle-deaths.
Fortress population is 132, with like 30 kids.  What happened to the GCS you had?

Also, could the next person free the two trapped miners on the floor with the siege weapons?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 02:10:43 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 27, 2015, 02:54:42 pm »

I picked up the save.  Gwolfie, you used a tileset?

...@Gwolfski, I very specifically said, in the rules, to uninstall any tilesets before uploading. I am actually legit angry with you now. Unless someone can figure out how to fix it promptly your turn is null. I've had enough of this.

E: Okay I think I've worked out how to correct it.

E2: Ran into a hiccup. Too irritated to continue and I have things to do anyways. Will attempt the fix later tonight when I'm calmer.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 03:20:51 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 27, 2015, 07:37:53 pm »

Am I free to voice my opinion on that matter? Because I know Mr Frog has final say regardless.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 27, 2015, 10:00:33 pm »

Am I free to voice my opinion on that matter? Because I know Mr Frog has final say regardless.

Only if you're polite, civil, and refrain from personal attacks or other open hostility. I'd like to minimise any ensuing ‼DRAMA‼.

For the record, provided that Gwolfski posts the remainder of his updates promptly I see no further reason to null his turn, as I'm 99% sure I can fix the save (can't at the moment due to prior commitments) and getting rid of a week of gameplay simply out of wrath seems extremely counterproductive.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 28, 2015, 06:33:15 am »

I'd like to voice that I feel Gwolfski has performed in a sub-par capacity on all grounds, with few (and very underwhelming,) write-ups, seemingly breaking the trapspam rule (I can't tell if he has or not from the screenshot,) failure to observe the time and communication rules until after being poked about it, and violated the graphics rule. As such, I honestly feel that such a underwhelming presentation and wasting the thread's time for the most part, warrants a discard.

I mean no offense when i say these things, it's just how I feel in wake of them.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #561 on: August 28, 2015, 08:41:26 am »

look, i was in a bad situation, ok? i uploaded the save with graphics, cos , you wanted it strait away. easy to fix. go to init.txt and replace the phoebus something entries with curses16x16.png
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 28, 2015, 10:02:35 am »

FWIW, you probably could have asked for a bit of time to take the tileset off.

Eh.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #563 on: August 28, 2015, 10:56:23 am »

look want me to do it for you?

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #564 on: August 28, 2015, 12:28:19 pm »

look, im really low on time. howa bout i post a non-in-cf=haracter update now and tommorrow ill edit it into charatcer.

be sure to make sure no dwarfs are in cages.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 28, 2015, 02:56:06 pm »

look, i was in a bad situation, ok? i uploaded the save with graphics, cos , you wanted it strait away. easy to fix. go to init.txt and replace the phoebus something entries with curses16x16.png

It's not that simple. The graphics pack you used tampered with the actual save file to change the display tiles of ores and such -- you can see this in pisskop's save screencap where unsmoothed walls don't have the right tile. What I now have to do (which I am extremely annoyed that I have to do) is copy unmolested raws from an earlier save into the save you uploaded and re-upload it.

Also, I didn't want the save straight away. I never said that. I needed an actual update. That's it.

Also @Splint: Those appear to be cage traps, which I never specifically banned, although the sheer number of them is a bit silly. I do have more than half a mind at this point to annul this turn but since we already have a save (...of sorts) up I'd rather try to keep things in motion rather than roll back. That would be a true waste of time.

E2: Although, for the record, anyone who pushes their luck in terms of not giving updates from now on is gonna be skipped -- if I have to pester someone more than once or twice they're canned. I tried being nice this time, but it backfired, and now Angry Frog is on the loose and I really, really don't like him or want to have to bring him out again.

E3: Save has been fixed. So that's one fire put out.

E4:
look, im really low on time. howa bout i post a non-in-cf=haracter update now and tommorrow ill edit it into character

Just make a separate post for the in-character version, and please, make it nice and big.

E5: Fixed a wrong word.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 03:02:26 am by Mr Frog »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 28, 2015, 04:56:43 pm »

I'm not getting my hopes up.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 28, 2015, 05:39:42 pm »

I'm not getting my hopes up.

There's no need to get snarky.

Gonna go and mull things over for a bit.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 28, 2015, 11:24:36 pm »

Okay, so. I've mulled it over thoroughly and in light of the massive delays, need for repeated pestering, and demonstrated ignorance of and/or disregard for the rules, I have lost faith in Gwolfski's ability to perform in a timely manner without having to metaphorically stick a cattle prod up his butt, which is already noted by himself as resulting in extremely-slapshod work. As such, I am annulling Gwolfski's turn (with profuse apologies) and rolling back to pisskop's save. Please send any bitching to me directly via PM, as there's already too much drama regarding this in the thread and I'd much rather keep things tidy -- I'd like this to be the last in-thread post on the subject. I apologise for flip-flopping on the matter.

Not to be draconian, but hereafter I'll only pester someone about status reports and updates once or twice before just skipping them, so please nobody push your luck.

Now, if y'all don't mind, I have now stressed out over this silly forum game way more than I should have so I'm just gonna go play Earthbound for a few hours.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 11:27:16 pm by Mr Frog »

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 29, 2015, 06:03:21 am »

In fact, game-related fiction in this thread amuses me more than the succession game itself. Also, the last two or three of my own games were abandoned, not because of lack of interest, but rather the overabundance of rules and such.

Thinking about starting an Ms Paint adventure or something like that.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 06:05:14 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 140