Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 382634 times)

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- We ♥ Puppies!
« Reply #585 on: August 29, 2015, 04:24:52 pm »

As to setting something up, if anyone can give me a general idea (numbers involved, and such,) I could give something a shot.

How about the conflict described in my story? I mean, you seem to be quite good at describing epic battles and such. And that fiery skirmish features vampires and OP grizzlies. Also, some screenshots were provided.

(Also, I've just notised that the druid was murdered by the dwarven general's mother. Family business is family business.).
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 04:29:09 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 29, 2015, 04:38:39 pm »

I'll have you know I was referring to Blackhold and I only do that because it's a long-ass run to the front gate from the barracks there.

As to setting something up, if anyone can give me a general idea (numbers involved, and such,) I could give something a shot.

Yeah, I didn't actually think you would. I just like to make 100% sure.

As for the wars going on, here's what I conceive of:

Banshee: Not super-full-scale yet, but rapidly-escalating. Consists largely of raiding parties sent to towns and villages on the outskirts of our territory, although as the banshees grow more irritated with our presence they have been starting to send larger squads attacking better-protected sites as retaliation.

Spawn: More-or-less continuous conflict since literally the dawn of our civilisation, although we've managed to cow them into something resembling submission. There are still frequent skirmishes on the southern border of the Lash, and occasionally raiding parties manage to break or slip through our lines and attack towns, with ruinous consequences. Frequency of attacks has been on the rise lately. Every effort is made to not let the public know how much we're threatened by the Spawn; as far as they know, the Spawn are essentially defeated, there are only occasional raids which are Pyrrhic victories at best for the Spawn attackers, and we most certainly do not have a large-scale border patrol force making sure that the Spawn can't get into our territory.

Goblins, Humans, Elves: Dunno. As a challenge, you do have to make the goblins be full-on Chaotic Evil but you also have to make them sympathetic somehow (you don't have to if you don't want to, but I just think it'd be interesting).

E: As for numbers, I think in the last piece I wrote I was using scaled-down DF numbers, so 200 would be a fairly-large army.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 29, 2015, 05:00:23 pm »

How about the conflict described in my story? I mean, you seem to be quite good at describing epic battles and such. And that fiery skirmish features vampires and OP grizzlies. Also, some screenshots were provided.

(Also, I've just noticed that the druid was murdered by the dwarven general's mother. Family business is family business.).

Errr... As embarrassing as it is to say, you'll have to send me the relevant stuff.

And I wouldn't call myself good at describing people being killed with (to us,) antiquated murder implements.

mikethete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 29, 2015, 05:15:23 pm »

Its Now a MAJOR GCS problem,stupidity at its finest

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 29, 2015, 05:17:14 pm »

Its Now a MAJOR GCS problem,stupidity at its finest
Excuse me while I paranoidly look for escaping GCS and readjust my tinfoil hat.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 29, 2015, 05:17:38 pm »

The GCS issue has involved into a FPS issue. Fortress-Prowling Spiders...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 29, 2015, 05:23:51 pm »

The GCS issue has involved into a FPS issue. Fortress-Prowling Spiders...
No, they're trying to escape the very game itself by slowing it so much the game doesn't notice they've left and crawl THE Web.  And if they find a 3D printer we are so doomed.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

mikethete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 29, 2015, 05:25:23 pm »

Finished the first month,GCS is no more(after trapping half the fort in its webs),and everyone is throwing tantrums

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 29, 2015, 05:29:33 pm »

Taking bets, fort death this turn or the one following.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 29, 2015, 06:29:23 pm »

Finished the first month,GCS is no more(after trapping half the fort in its webs),and everyone is throwing tantrums

Dear lord, what did you do??
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 29, 2015, 06:31:43 pm »

I think a better question is "Who didn't the spider eat?"

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 29, 2015, 06:35:29 pm »

I think a better question is "Who didn't the spider eat?"

Hopefully they're all children so that the snatchers will have people to kidnap

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 29, 2015, 06:55:11 pm »

I'm gonna write a little flavor piece about a village called Bootpaint involving a spawn raid. Figure now's a good a time as any since I don't have work tomorrow.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 29, 2015, 07:01:09 pm »

What is your guadiness exactly?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 29, 2015, 07:27:38 pm »

What is your guadiness exactly?
His Gaudiness is the great leader of the Dwarven Nation and stalwart defender of said Nation against the Holistic Spawn, of course!
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 140