Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 372725 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Mind the Clouds :)
« Reply #765 on: September 26, 2015, 03:07:28 pm »

Unless its moved we should still have the topside barracks.  Its below the main entrance if you trace that path, and directly above the main shaft.

oc, all the squads set to train ther might be decimated . . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: September 26, 2015, 04:33:48 pm »

Can I get another dorf? Please, designate one of the military dwarves as a "commissar". Bonus if they lead a squad of freshmen.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: September 26, 2015, 05:06:06 pm »

Noooo my dwarf...  :-\

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 26, 2015, 10:58:57 pm »

Found it. Short update, spent most of my time on the military selection process.

Clobbermountains; 20th Felsite; first draft

Much time was spent selecting the skilled and hearty from the workforce. I found that there were many aged dwarves with military experience and a fighting build just rusting away in useless jobs. Dwarves from fish dissectors to legendary stonecrafters now take up arms. The king's old guard is split to lead and train the new military. His new guard consists of axedwarfs who didn't quite make the cut for now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Iron production and recycling is being prioritized inside while outside the mutated miner by the main entrance is handily killed by a goblin pikemaster.

The three ex-military mutants down to the south entered a hectic melee with 5 times their number of goblins. They dished out a lot of wounds but were quickly beat taking few with them.

Back on the top of the hill The hooman female's ranged goblins are shooting the unconscious Bim Helmsdefense when they suddenly without any opposition turn and retreat north.

The southern goblins flee south-er as well leaving only a mutant ogress and an armed mutant sworddwarf outside. The ogress got into and is smashing up the animal watch box above the depot entrance and the sworddwarf is currently chasing an unfortunate ocelot off to the east.

Id the kid is throwing a tantrum, Bim's getting thirsty and the ogress is scaring haulers through the hole as it turns to summer.

Can I get another dorf? Please, designate one of the military dwarves as a "commissar". Bonus if they lead a squad of freshmen.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 26, 2015, 11:08:24 pm »

For some reason I am deeply disturbed by the names of the Monitor's cadets.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: September 27, 2015, 12:13:41 am »

Excellent pace with the updates! And I infer that the mutants no longer shy away from combat. EXCELLENT.

Also, please no training exploits. Particularly one that seems to be a straight-up bug from what I've seen. Lol.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 27, 2015, 12:20:54 am »

Well, at least we can skip the part where I became a crazy mutant, and focus on how I died fending off goblins...

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 27, 2015, 05:24:56 am »

Improved one of the pictures with Mr Frog's design.

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: September 27, 2015, 03:42:03 pm »

Clobbermountains; where it's at

So, a tour then. At the top of our fortress is the future main entrance. Beside it are prisoners intended for exposure to the seething clouds I believe.

Currently we mainly use the cramped entrance at the temporary depot location. Behind that, corpse and refuse piles lead to the volcano dump and access above the arena. Accessed from below is our farmable muddied stone, pasture and nestboxes in one area.

Further down we pass the area over by the volcano, then then meeting zone with entrance drawbridge controls on the main stair from the depot entrance. There is an armor stockpile south of the meeting area. North is the hall that leads to the main entrance. This hall will be flanked by active barracks

159 160

Next down is the new construction; a trap and a new area to house and protect the depot with plenty of space for fighting right next to the planned barracks. Below and on the main stair is a dormitory, main food stockpile and dining hall with wells.

157 158

Next level down the main stair is the largest, most-sprawling, cluttered, poorly organized, forget it we're moving on.

Here we have textiles and soaping in isolation workshops without doors and individual rooms without doors or walls. It doesn't make sense, we're digging this out, we have all the walls we could ever need.

155 154

All right, now here's what we're doing in the caverns. Refuse stockpile, hospital, dining room, offices, dormitory, barracks and archery range.

Our lowest establishment for some mason's workshops and tree harvesting. There are several tombs and exploratory mining shafts all over as well but not worth a look.

His Gaudiness' quarter are still getting up to snuff so we will tour those later.

biggestcheesemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: September 27, 2015, 06:19:24 pm »

Any chance of a turn? I'll probably end the fort, but in the most amusing way possible.
Any dorf will do.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: September 27, 2015, 10:54:23 pm »

The largest (59400cm^2) and most talented (adequate) cheesemaker we have;

Clobbermountains; deadly calm

Summer's arrival was announced by Id the Kid throwing another tantrum. In my room. I pretended to sleep to avoid our meeting for over a day.

It seems the ogress mutant has mysteriously disappeared leaving only the mutated Kib Murderwinds loose on the surface. The main entrance drawbridge is opened in a cautious attempt to recover Bim Helmsdefense while he still breaths. However the lasting effects of the old standing 'forbid' orders strike again and many new and old members of the military realize there is something outside they want. Streaming back and forth past poor Bim's unconscious form they find the elven merchants have also survived the clouds and resultant mutants and are still headed to the fort to trade.

With the military continuing to pickup equipment and wandering to find ever more remote items to desire it seemed prudent to just mass the entire re-structured military and overwhelm the final mutant. Losses tolerable, bringing our biggest surface threat down to a wild great horned owl.

Eventually even Bim Helmsdefense is picked up from outside, thankfully just as another seething cloud rolls in from the west. With everyone back inside someone tries to broker a trade with the elves while I was drinking. It's good practice trading with the elves as you just can't make a mistake.

The clouds leave and the elves depart right away. Id The Kid throws another tantrum. You're not gonna make yourself any replacement friends that way Kid. Rimtar Tholkilrud gives birth outside - thanks, and His Gaudiness requires a shield.
A coati disrupts the surface activities and escapes with an iron shield but not before experienced marksdwarf, Ushat Dolitulon, dodges into a murky pool to his slow, watery doom. Id The Kid tantrums again in the depot. Your stuck here with us Kid, deal with it. Of course he has the biggest tantrum yet and now he's insane.
Well I got my own problems here. You try dodging a blind cave ogres just to get some logs from the lower caverns. The cage traps catch it but leave a path for a second one to get in, catch and beat to death, Dastot Kedcatten, our most experienced diagnoser, before armed response arrives. Close one.

It is mid-summer. Most of the population is tasked with the tossing of junk from around the depot entrance right into the volcano, in between periods of seething cloudiness of course. After some time I discover a disturbing scene of a demon rat gnawing on the heaped corpse of one of our fallen heroes. Our crypt apparently is at maximum capacity. Orders issued for 30 more coffins and a pair of scepters for the king.

Despite the danger, migrants arrive, bringing our number right back to 176 dwarves plus another the chef Ber Ablelkol gave birth to. Yeah, in the kitchen. The migrants all have some weapon competency and are split amongst the squads save a great engraver for the royal quarters and a promising new diagnoser. His Gaudiness requires we make them three maces, and then two shields.
A large goblin siege arrives and the entrances are closed after a bit more confusion with picking up equipment. We are certainly not ready to face them head-on.
Id The Kid has died from dehydration, still waiting in the depot as summer comes to an end.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: September 27, 2015, 11:10:13 pm »

Id the Kid should have known better than to make friends with soldiers in a succession game.

biggestcheesemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: September 28, 2015, 03:53:18 am »

I will forever keep this dear.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: September 28, 2015, 06:26:32 am »

>Libash Rocksarmors the Great Trap

Oh man.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: September 28, 2015, 04:18:58 pm »

Any chance of a turn? I'll probably end the fort, but in the most amusing way possible.
Any dorf will do.

Added to list. @Crashmaster, while I'm on the subject, are Lolfail and melkor dorfed yet? I can't remember. Forgot to update the list, lol.

Also...

(59400cm^2)

^2

We have two-dimensional cheesemakers now? Yikes.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 140