Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 379123 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Mind the Clouds :)
« Reply #795 on: October 04, 2015, 11:50:42 pm »

Eyyy, sorry I've been quiet the last couple days. I felt like doing a few non-DF related things for a while. I'm so happy we have a pet pterosaur now!

To be absolutely-clear, since I'm too dumb to puzzle it out -- are we getting a Summer update, or should I PM the next guy now?
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: October 05, 2015, 12:19:46 am »

Among the new births and comings of age came something I'd never seen before; a masterpiece boulder in Mr.Frog's support.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

New bed room blocks are being finished. Mr. Frog's masterpiece boulder is regrettably lost piercing the deepest part of the caverns lake.

When the bridge is opened water will be forced up through two separate floor grates before the pool at the bottom of the pump stack.

Most of my other attention is spent trying to keep the mechanical connections for IMMOLATION ALLEY on schedule. As spring's end and deadlines draw near we are attacked by banshees again. The military may not be ready but they are on station when the banshees' force splits and attacks.

The drawbridge claims their leader and bolts and dwarves rush out. Support is ordered for the front-liners. Marksdwarves held back guarded by the squad of axedwarves.

First squads go down the slope to the left to close on the ranged banshees as the others pick targets from the ogres coming down from the north.

The enemy vanquished, civilians are given leave to return to the surface. A cloud appears, but only for a short while.
It is summer. Things seem pretty calm. I should make some plain old bolts for a while.

It's been an issue getting all our corpses discovered reclaimed from outside. Hard to remember where they are when I've had the chance to get them. Constant crundle issues in the lower caverns which are kept very poorly defended and heavily trafficked by civilians. I was lucky to get by just letting the rangers keep their population down but it is a weak point. There was a bridge but I never looked for a lever.

Forgotten beast silk production is very clunky right now. I think clothing might be an impending issue. Never got far with the waterfall plan but everyone is friends with the military since the upper barracks is in the meeting zone so I think it still has some merit.

For my project there are two last hatch covers left to link to the microcline lever in the meeting area. I think it's the two to the right of the center of the top row but it might just be best to let the queue finish and see.

Much worse is that I built much of the lowest section wrong. Only the upwards-facing units got built right. There are enough masons though the wrong track-ramps could be de-constructed and have the correct track-ramps in place before the hatch cover linkings are finished. The track-ramp U-bends should point towards the rest of the track and not the bridges under the pathway, derp.

If not, it is still quite deadly in it's current flawed state and could be fixed later. It'll take almost a year to fill each time though - fill controls are in the alcove to the left of the exit.

PM away, we were each playing to the first day of summer now.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 01:43:28 am by Crashmaster »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: October 05, 2015, 11:58:40 pm »

Pity you didn't get to finish your contraptions; hopefully the fort will last until your second turn.

The masterwork column is hilarious and I think merits a journal.

Cherry-hearts hasn't been active for over a month, so I saved us all a headache and just PM'd pisskop.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: October 06, 2015, 12:34:31 am »

Pity you didn't get to finish your contraptions...

It was inevitable.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: October 06, 2015, 09:04:25 am »

Dear God the mechanics.  Im just a simply law-abiding dwarf, not an engineer.  Ill scrap it up and try to finish you complex devilry.

Law and order shall return to the fort!  Ill set up some basic cave defense for crundles!

pedit:  I shall reclaim my room from the horror guard!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 09:25:27 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: October 06, 2015, 12:03:01 pm »

Dear God the mechanics.  Im just a simply law-abiding dwarf, not an engineer.  Ill scrap it up and try to finish you complex devilry.

Law and order shall return to the fort!  Ill set up some basic cave defense for crundles!

pedit:  I shall reclaim my room from the horror guard!

Ohhhh man. A storm is coming, bros.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: October 06, 2015, 12:03:59 pm »

Pisskop wasn't ejected from her lodgings. Jeff was.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: October 06, 2015, 12:06:16 pm »

Pisskop wasn't ejected from her lodgings. Jeff was.

sssshhhhh

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: October 06, 2015, 12:15:35 pm »

Naw, I reassigned Pisskop's room leading to his tomb from the caverns barracks to the new millitia commander after re-arranging the millitary. Just too lazy to make something new or re-re-organize at the time.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 06, 2015, 12:36:18 pm »

Its fine.  I mean, I was upset, but its literally too easy to either design a new room for the or repurpose the inefficintly used rooms we have around.

We have a whole room devoted to coin storage, for instance.  And the old hospital is literally still just standing around.

Ive alreadly lain out orders for a room for the new guy to hole up in to be dug.  Im planning to remove the bulk of the clothing indutry from that middle area and move it to tbe FB level.  Im going to move the wood and stone industries to the cavern levels and Im going to make all that space storage.  Im going to order some clay stuff to be done, and I plan to build a topside hospital that will feature more protection and isolation.  Dont know what else.  Ive never played with minecarts beside testing them for mass-goody transport.  I have only a vague idea of how to make what I assume were minecart defenses.

Aside, I dont like the dwarves hanging out in food stockpiles.  Ill make a nice statue park/zoo.  Deeper than the Mayors/kings quarters, so visitors dont get distracted by the chined up ogres.

Whoot-whoot for being a master-level crossbowdwarf, tho.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: October 06, 2015, 12:50:33 pm »

Spoiler: Journal Time (click to show/hide)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: October 08, 2015, 03:34:02 pm »

Eyyy pisskop, how's it going?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: October 09, 2015, 10:21:58 am »

today im in for a season or two play
PKs DF Mod!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: October 09, 2015, 02:16:24 pm »

today im in for a season or two play

Schweet.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: October 10, 2015, 08:56:44 pm »

Oy @pisskop, can we have some sort of status report in the next couple days? (As always, please don't make me have to pester.)

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 140