Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 377386 times)

4maskedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ghost of Forumites Past
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Mind the Clouds :)
« Reply #810 on: October 10, 2015, 09:14:32 pm »

Is my dwarf even alive anymore?
A flitting shadow, wandering the hidden paths of the forums.  Long since lost to humanity, it's path follows no discernible pattern, simply observing that which goes on around it.  If you have found it, it is already too late for you, for none may see its silent journey.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: October 10, 2015, 09:15:26 pm »

I think he died during Pisskop's first turn.

4maskedwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: October 10, 2015, 09:17:54 pm »

That is unfortunate.  I would like to sign up for a dwarf by the name of Urist Dwarficus, in that case.
A flitting shadow, wandering the hidden paths of the forums.  Long since lost to humanity, it's path follows no discernible pattern, simply observing that which goes on around it.  If you have found it, it is already too late for you, for none may see its silent journey.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: October 11, 2015, 11:39:08 am »

Any job preference?  Ive just set up 4 permanent fulltime doctors.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: October 11, 2015, 12:51:58 pm »

I was approached the other day, while enjoying a walk around the caverns, about a coup of sorts.  As a previous overseer of Clobbermountains I knew what had to be done.  As a master of the crossbow I was capable of inspiring and keeping the loyalty of the militia.  I was perfect to help this dwarf, Muthkat, become the administrative mayor.  Kyrpta didnt possess the skills she did.  She was a great conversationalist.  She didnt already posess a high-ranking title.  She didn't steal my chambers.

And you know what?  She's right.  I agreed to help her if I could organize the mess and disarray the fortress had fallen into.  So we made plans.  I would hollow out the old production centers and replace them with storage sites.  I would add defenses to the caverns and I would then refurbish my tomb some.  Small things, I assured her.  But important small things tht any self-respecting legendary dwarf would ask for.

Tossing the trashy rags of Kyrpta from my rightful drawer, I quickly organize myself and begin the process of efficizing the fortress.  Yea.
In a blinding fury, I designate jobs and restrict the mishmash of buggery.

'These 4 are only doctors now.  I dont want to see them hauling anything that isnt a severed limb around.'
'Those three are now only to smooth and engrave stone.'
'You 2.  Now you are strictly to deal with woodworks.'
You.  You're lucky you're a founding father of sorts.  There are only 5 dwarves here that have senority over me, and you're one of them.'

I set about righting the wrongs of the place.  It felt good, at first.  Some dwarves joined the military, some left it, all got a examination of their status and duties to the fortress.  The only ones above reproach where those with special names, the damn snowflakes they thought they were . . .
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 12:58:13 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: October 11, 2015, 05:39:15 pm »

Mist came over us, and in the interest of ridding ourselves of the critters caged inside the gas chamber I pulled the lever.  One goblin promptly ran into a cage trap, and his buddies either ran for the treeline or ran inside to get stabbed by the swordwarf team I had on standby in case a child or something decided to grab a last minute banshee tooth or something.

Down in the deep, renovations to the silk farm are comming along.  Ive moved the majority of the shops to a hallway beside it, but haveny yet turned it on.
  Hungry heads and trolls keep bothering the peasants.  We go out and clean them up when they do show up.  One of the bastards tried to rip away a child from its mother!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A forgotten lizrad-beast showed up.  The marksdwarves put it down without incident or casualty.  But we dont have a protocol in place to evacuate the citizens from the caverns should it come to it.  For shame.

Goblin ambush showed up and murderized the human caravans.  They then ran off.  We'll scavange what we can, but I think they came for the loot rather than us.

pedit:  a goblin thief showed up, stabbed a child several times, shoved it into its bag, and ran off yelping and laughing.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 05:45:23 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: October 11, 2015, 07:18:27 pm »

We begin testing some setups for the arena, which is currently stocked with all the undesirables.  Sans the ones that the other scum didnt fancy, like the crundles.

A cloud caught some caupichins, who pathed into our fort and we had to eliminate.

I learned that mutants can be trained, ironically enough.  Sounds like a loyalty cascuade waiting to happen.

Game crashed.  Not sure why.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 07:23:05 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

4maskedwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: October 11, 2015, 07:48:39 pm »

No pisskop, no preference.  Whatever you care to dwarf me as is fine.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: October 12, 2015, 03:09:10 pm »

I learned that mutants can be trained, ironically enough.  Sounds like a loyalty cascuade waiting to happen.

Game crashed.  Not sure why.

Oh, that's ominous. How much progress did you lose?

Weird about the mutants. The thought never occurred to me that they could still be trainable, but *checks* it doesn't look like I can remove the PET tag anyways, so.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: October 12, 2015, 03:25:58 pm »

a season or less.  I was only playing in between classes.  I'm only going to go until the new year.  Im in autumn.
PKs DF Mod!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: October 13, 2015, 12:41:42 am »

a season or less.  I was only playing in between classes.  I'm only going to go until the new year.  Im in autumn.

Okiedokie. Suit yourself, bro.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: October 13, 2015, 12:41:02 pm »

first test oft he arena today.  A mutant chaupychin went in, and the reacher and the captives from the goblin civ threw it into the magma after bleeding it a little.

Funny how a foul creature like a reacher gets along well with tamed ogres and goblin thieves and banshee pikemen.

Other than, nothing much happening.  I took the initiative to place pike traps at the depot entrance.  1 line of them.  The clothing industry is humming, and Ive assigned myself dimple dyed forgotten beast silk and steel weaponry.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: October 13, 2015, 02:11:40 pm »

In Timber, the goblins came.  They pincered us with the help of a giant crab with stingers.  We will deal with the FB first, since we are shut off from the outside while we organized our defenders.  The 100 goblins will have to wait for us.  They are on our land, on our time.

Somebody locked the cavern door, but I fixed that.  Seems silly to.  As we assemble in the cavern, my son comes with me to have a chat.  Because he's a brave lad.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: October 15, 2015, 11:45:19 am »

After waiting for the better part of 2 weeks, it became the crab-monster just wanted to live close to us, not threaten our very existence.  Duh!  We called off the stations, and gave the military time to rest while we examined the goblin force topside.  Just under 100 strong, touting 2-3 packs of ogres, the force even included a master pikeman or two.  Scary o.o

Well, after calling off the hunting party the crab decided to surface!  The checky bugger was found stalking out refuse stockpile until the manager came by to grab a bone or three.  Chasing after the portly dwarf, I can safely say the crab is an even slower foreward walker than that poor dwarf is a runner!  Staying one step ahead of the beast, the manager is saved by the arriving marksdwarves, who bravely engage it in melee while he flees.  It also appears the Forgotten crustatean is clusmy, as it has yet to land a blow . . .

A stubborn monster, the crab continued to chase down the manager, even after he ran inside the fortress.  That of course resulted in free shots for our militia.  And easy kill, all said and done.

I have designated a 'Gym' of sorts.  Residents will be able to pump air at their leisure, resulting in a strong populace.  I hope the military will make great use of this.
  On the same token, I have so many extra gold statues that I have decided to create a statue garden/zoo for the public.  Using 24 golden statues and 10 cages, we will renovate the old hospital and create a hven for our stressed bretheran, so that they might live better, more fluid lives.

While designating more hematite to be drawn, I noticed our chief lumberdwarf was missing a leg, and was not using a crutch.  She was crawling out into the caverns to chop trees, her child riding on her back like she was some kind of pack animal!  Disguisting.  I have ordered an indeterminate amount of splints and crutches to be made from wood.

Hey, does anyone know why the armorsmiths arent smithing the iron into armor?  The weaponsmith jumps at the chance to work with iron.
Also, Im ordering the production of iron serrated disks and spiked balls.  We have over 200 iron bars, 0 steel bars, and Ive used almost all our copper for crafts and jugs.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 11:50:10 am by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: October 15, 2015, 12:53:16 pm »

SKULKING VERMIN!!  :o

The kobolds have been so successful in looting our battlefields that they have tried to ambush us in force! bwahahahahaha!

I guess they didnt get the memo that the goblins are first in line, and now will have to contend.

Due to the seething mist one of them got snagged and they were outed that way.  Now they just kind hang around their broken and unconcious leader, waiting for orders.  How organized for them, really.

The goblins left in late late opal.  The kobolds avoided their wrath, and now will be cleaned up at our leisure.  Ive been busy with internal engraving management, trying to build in an orderly fashion.

Another forgotten beast.  A newt?  Something with vapors.  It hung out in the flooded cavern, and the moment I stopped paying attention it went after our pastured pet alpaca.  We rushed out, and some of us were covered in its vapors.  I dont know what they vapor did, but the whole of the 1st marksdwarves were sick to their stomache for a week.  We spent the time in recovery in the hospital, and were released in time to continue our live training on a kobold ambush.  Bold little peckers, enh?

The year closed to an end, and we thusly passed fromour inefficient mess into something more managable.  Elections are coming up, hopefully we can keep our designated mayor instead of that jerkwad Krypta.

Here you go  Take care of it, we have a keeper.  More or less.  Less.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 140