Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 383565 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- BABY FIGHTS!
« Reply #870 on: October 28, 2015, 01:31:57 am »

i meant invaders. :v

btw, I managed to breed fowl in the solid gold nestboxes at the farm.  several kinds, I think ducks and peacock?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 01:33:42 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: October 28, 2015, 01:52:18 am »

i meant invaders. :v

btw, I managed to breed fowl in the solid gold nestboxes at the farm.  several kinds, I think ducks and peacock?

Good. If all else fails, we can try to placate the Spawn with offerings of poultry.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: October 28, 2015, 02:21:52 am »

The spire's locating was my doing, I shall confess.

I can't get too angry about this, since I did do some prelimary exploratory mining before starting the fort to make sure our biome had iron, but still

I got my eye on you, bro

[mutters something about a bad time]

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: October 28, 2015, 02:40:27 am »

Mr Frog's estimate is very accurate. We have few soldiers, and those who survived are the lazy ones who slept through the sieges, or were knocked out by the screams in the beginning. Out of 80+ fighters, we have about 20 left, half unconscious and the other half injured.

As for the spawn numbers, that screenshot near the end was taken after the army had fallen.  That would be 61 spawn. We killed... 4 of them? No matter what we do, we aren't getting an army up that can deal with them in order to reach the next banshees. Even by drafting every single dude in this fortress. The good news is that the children, despite being absurdly worthless, provide targets for the scream, meaning we may have a way of buying more time for the SPIREGATE by burrowing all the useless little kids on the top level of the fortress while the adults work deep below.

I have another plan, tho, that I shall put in motion while I wait for water to cool the magma sea around the spire. Our miners will be rather useless during this period of time, and I'd rather have a contingency plan. It's not as reliable as unleashing demons on the surface (Which is a depressing and scary sentence in itself) but it's better than nothing. I'll sleep on this, and see what I can do with a refreshed mind.

Ps: All my plans revolve around the assumption that the clowns wont be best pals with the banshees. Tell me it's true. Please. Will the banshees attack demons ans vice versa? Will they... scream... at them?

Suddenly Im not even sure we need to ''free'' the demons. Merely dragging enough of them into a trench thats right underneat the surface and goes around the map could act as a ''scream target buffer''. With demons, children, and deeply aggressive animal husbandry politics, it maaay be possible to keep the banshees occupied with random targets until they get bored.

PPs: I am, quite evidently, way past the point where ethics factor into any of our decisions.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 02:56:59 am by Taupe »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: October 28, 2015, 03:15:30 am »

Banshees have the same allegiances as any other hostile race, so if weaponising demons worked in Drunk Fortress (which I am both pleased and disturbed that we are now apparently using as a model for our defense strategy), it should work here. Assuming it was on 34.11, of course.

E: However, using demons as a scream buffer probably won't work, as I'm pretty sure banshees won't bother targeting anything without the GENERAL_POISON class. Lemme check...

E2: Yeah, they won't target anything without GENERAL_POISON, which I'm fairly sure demons lack.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 03:26:54 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: October 28, 2015, 06:12:24 am »

Welp, at least they're still a good suicide option. A terrifying, horrible suicide option.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: October 28, 2015, 06:28:41 am »

Oh FISH.  We're doomed.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: October 28, 2015, 09:33:21 am »

Bonus points if His Gaudiness will be the last dwarf alive in the fortress.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: October 28, 2015, 12:51:34 pm »

Bonus points if His Gaudiness will be the last dwarf alive in the fortress.

Wouldn't doubt it. The man is like a cockroach.

Plus in in-game terms (i.e. those which actually matter) I'm pretty sure Splint outfitted him with armor and he has significant worldgen combat skills, so yeah, he's not exactly some squishy noble. He'll live to bluster another day, I'm sure.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: October 28, 2015, 03:35:52 pm »

I want in on this. Sign me up for a turn as overseer, Mr Frog. Hopefully I'll be able to not COMPLETELY screw over the entire fortress.

EDIT: Oh yeah, dorf me as anything under the mechanics tab. Title should be "escaped mental patient". I'm gonna try to RP as a dwarf with split personality disorder when I take my turn.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 06:46:54 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: October 28, 2015, 04:44:57 pm »

His Gaudiness, as of his joining the militia himself with his honor guards, had basic competency reflective of typical dwarven bootcamp as a hammerdwarf from worldgen. in fact, he will likely be the one training his guards in dodging, shield, and armor use.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: October 31, 2015, 05:20:38 am »

Hey everypony how's it hanging

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: October 31, 2015, 12:33:35 pm »

Pretty well. I decided that I should probably write at least one journal for this, so I'm in the process of that.

Oh yeah, Happy Halloween.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: October 31, 2015, 05:43:10 pm »

The worst part of Halloween is when you open your door to lots of scary random kids and they barge in asking for treats, dropping your fps significantly.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: October 31, 2015, 05:48:49 pm »

Send them outside to get dressed up as mutants.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 140