Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 379166 times)

Aldraglienon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- BABY FIGHTS!
« Reply #885 on: October 31, 2015, 10:17:10 pm »

I am used to lurking, so I am a bit quiet still around though.

Also, it looks like the chances of getting a dwarf are approaching zero like the population. at least, the fort is going out with a bang that's guaranteed.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: October 31, 2015, 10:41:46 pm »

I am used to lurking, so I am a bit quiet still around though.

Also, it looks like the chances of getting a dwarf are approaching zero like the population. at least, the fort is going out with a bang that's guaranteed.

Hush child

Taupe will be our savior with the patent-pending Drunk Fortress Hell-Surface Demon Tubetm

Hopefully
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: October 31, 2015, 11:35:07 pm »

I'm very sorry about the slow progress. This must be boring. In the meantime, why don't you enjoy those wonderful pictures of dead bansheesn and whomever as they are turned into hilarious, deadly corpse-shaped projectiles?

Those are taken simultaneously. It is beautiful.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 11:38:39 pm by Taupe »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: October 31, 2015, 11:37:41 pm »

Much projectile.
Such fling.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: October 31, 2015, 11:39:04 pm »

Much projectile.
Such fling.
Just because you are dead doesn't mean you gotta be useless.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: November 01, 2015, 02:18:39 am »

Pretty well. I decided that I should probably write at least one journal for this, so I'm in the process of that.

People are actually interested in writing journals for this again!? This is your fault, Taupe.

I'm very sorry about the slow progress. This must be boring. In the meantime, why don't you enjoy those wonderful pictures of dead bansheesn and whomever as they are turned into hilarious, deadly corpse-shaped projectiles?

Those are taken simultaneously. It is beautiful.

(Also, no need to apologise, not to me at least; this is shaping up to be a wildly-entertaining turn. More than worth the wait.)

(Addendum: Besides, you already made it clear to me that this would take a while and I gave you the go-ahead anyways, so if anything goes wrong with this turn it's really on my head more than anything else)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 02:22:34 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: November 01, 2015, 09:25:03 pm »

Pretty well. I decided that I should probably write at least one journal for this, so I'm in the process of that.

People are actually interested in writing journals for this again!? This is your fault, Taupe.

Eh, this orgy of death and destruction gave me inspiration.

I'm posting the rough draft here, because I just want to throw it out there. I'll polish it up later.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Polished
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 07:47:08 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: November 02, 2015, 02:18:44 pm »

The turn is over. I'll be posting the wrap-up for the very eventful fall and winter by Wednesday. This will be... interesting.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 04:18:52 pm by Taupe »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: November 03, 2015, 05:38:42 pm »

- mcsnippety -

I'm really bad at giving any sort of positive opinions but I do like this.

This will be... interesting.

So on a scale of 1 to everyone dying how fucked are we

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: November 03, 2015, 05:50:56 pm »

This will be... interesting.
I'd like to put my money on "MAKE THE SCREAMING STOP FOR THE LOVE OF GOD"

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: November 03, 2015, 05:51:07 pm »

Hum.

Erhm.

You know, when you build something dangerous, and someone breaks a crucial lever at the worse possible time during a tantrum?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: November 03, 2015, 06:02:59 pm »

So giant hairy orgies in the dining room?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: November 03, 2015, 06:13:21 pm »

So giant hairy orgies in the dining room?
Oh, fear not, it's not localised.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: November 04, 2015, 02:58:12 am »

Hum.

Erhm.

You know, when you build something dangerous, and someone breaks a crucial lever at the worse possible time during a tantrum?

I'm assuming this means that there was a distinct hiccup but you quickly resolved the issue with minimal loss of personnel and resources, and that our fortress's population is not currently comprised of 10 children and a mason walled into the food stockpile and on the verge of a bloody rage-orgy?

E: Fun fact: with my current page settings the word "orgy" and "orgies" now appear a combined total of 4 times on this page, not counting the instances used in this sentence in order to communicate their frequency of occurrence.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 03:04:23 am by Mr Frog »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: November 04, 2015, 04:52:44 pm »

*I'm going to post this in split parts thorough the day. Then I'll post the save, and you'll all be invited to give it a try and see if you can pull off a miracle. Then I'll write a small extra part about what happen if you don't.*

''So what are we doing that for, anyway?'' asked the first miner, as they dragged their newly made copper picks toward the depths.

''Following orders. That's what the overseer wrote, so that's where we diggin'.
-Yeah, but she's dead.
-Still, orders mate.''

It wasn't really to them to call shots. so the miners just obeyed. They had a lot of work to do, and although they didn't have a clear deadline, the higher ups explained that ''If we don't finish that soon we all die''. Then the higher-up sort of died, because everyone was too busy hauling craps or shitting their pants or mourning or punching children to feed the injured. This was a small sneak peak of what awaited them once the next wave of banshees showed up.

And so they headed to the mines. the first part of operation SPIREGATE (whatever that meant, y'all) was to connect the cavern lakes to the newfound magma see. Some said this was a way to retrieve adamantine, others assumed this was just some obsidian farming project. Most of the dwarves were too busy being out or throwing tantrums to really question what was going on.

The forges had been repurposed. No longer making golden whatever or smelting copper, the new orders were to make iron mechanisms that were magma safe.

''Why don't we just make magma-safe rock stuff?'' the smiths asked. ''Because we don't have time to hope the masons use the right stone, and double no time to set up and haul up a proper work chain for that.'' was the answer.

More miners had been drafted. In fact, if you weren't an engineer or a metalworker, you were now a miner. There was a lot to do for Mr. Frog and his... 67 assistants. Most of them used the copper picks to carve speed holes into their neighbors, but some got to work on the bottom layer of SPIREGATE. The magma had to be filled with water, the paperwork said, so they had to channel out the area above it, starting from the far end.

Another massive tunnel was to be dug. before they could get on that, tho, they had to seal off the trade depot. Conveniently, the levers to activate the bridges were conveniently located at the heart of the fortress, and readily available. Pulling the lever was really, really easy.

I cannot stress this enough.

In any case, the gate's activation flung about 30 corpses into the air, 15 urists hight, along with their belongings.

The resulting damage against the spawn was minimal.

It was also hilarious.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 140