Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 378223 times)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Everything Is Proceeding Somehow
« Reply #1005 on: November 21, 2015, 10:41:04 pm »

My laptop has kicked the bucket and its charger smells of molten solder. Tomorrow is the backup, Monday I get a new one; fortress progress will be delayed a couple of days.

Guess it was just saying goodbye w/ the high FPS.

I'm intensely-pleased that we can add an actual, physical computer to our body count.

Not gonna lie, one would've succumbed sooner or later~

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Everything Is Proceeding Smoothly
« Reply #1006 on: November 24, 2015, 11:20:55 pm »

This laptop took longer to set up than I thought, and schoolwork reared its ugly code-filled head again, but I should hopefully be able to finish my turn over the weekend, including writeups.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: November 24, 2015, 11:45:36 pm »

Dwarves killed by environment, invaders, and madness: Who the fuck knows or cares anymore.
Computers fried by Fort: 1. Even Real Life isn't safe.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: November 25, 2015, 12:09:06 am »

This laptop took longer to set up than I thought, and schoolwork reared its ugly code-filled head again, but I should hopefully be able to finish my turn over the weekend, including writeups.
Because you ran out of dwarves, or months...?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: November 25, 2015, 02:24:46 am »

Yes.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: November 25, 2015, 08:50:30 pm »

Yes.

I'm just gonna go ahead and take this as an excuse to get started on the modding work for the next fort.

Also,

Dwarves killed by environment, invaders, and madness: Who the fuck knows or cares anymore.
Computers fried by Fort: 1. Even Real Life isn't safe.

This is going in the quote bank
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: November 28, 2015, 02:47:24 pm »

(McBump)

Eyyyy Lolf how're the computer woes treating you
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: November 28, 2015, 06:58:51 pm »

(McBump)

As a matter of fact, I finally got the fort to load like five minutes ago

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: November 28, 2015, 08:50:38 pm »

(McBump)

Good to know that the fort isn't completely pooched yet. I was worried for a moment. I expect you to rectify this error with all due haste.

E: In all seriousness, though, do try to get through your entire turn; I want at least one more person to experience the soul-crushing purgatory that our fort has become.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 08:52:30 pm by Mr Frog »

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: November 29, 2015, 12:51:32 am »

(McBump)

Good to know that the fort isn't completely pooched yet. I was worried for a moment. I expect you to rectify this error with all due haste.

E: In all seriousness, though, do try to get through your entire turn; I want at least one more person to experience the soul-crushing purgatory that our fort has become.

Well, I am currently in late Spring with a super-60 FPS, so it should be done before the sun goes down over this sunburnt country

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: November 29, 2015, 01:30:22 am »

(McBump)

Well, I am currently in late Spring with a super-60 FPS, so it should be done before the sun goes down over this sunburnt country

> >60FPS

Did most of the demons die or did your new laptop come from CERN? Holy fuck.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Turning Point
« Reply #1016 on: November 29, 2015, 02:22:51 am »

ELECTROLYSER'S DIARY: WINTER 209 - SUMMER 210

5TH TIMBER 209
Diary you would not believe the day I've had... I think some of the cave moss or something got into the still and I woke up in a completely different bed than normal. Maybe I got lucky or something. Hope it was with Tun.

Also saw something in my dream last night... Something big, and loud, and bad for the environment, and we used to to force our way to the surface by calling everything else underneath and then obliterating it... I need to draw some plans~

16TH TIMBER 209
I hear chittering coming from above. Kobolds, by the sou-- Well, they WERE kobolds, I think.

1ST MOONSTONE 209
By Tumam, it's cold. Winter's here.

Realised that we have no wood to use... nor an axe! I had to go dismantle a weapon trap protecting from the east to get an axe so one of the guys could get to work while I Oversee.

13TH MOONSTONE 209
Replaced the weapon trap with cage traps, but nobody was making any cages with our fresh new wood! I started making them myself before Tun came over and took over for me so I could focus on this shitpile. Nice girl, she is.

15TH MOONSTONE 209
Some asshole ghost was an asshole to one of the assholes. Fikod, I think. Couldn't pay much attention; the asshole ghost got to me too and I've been dizzy for hoooourrs

21ST MOONSTONE 209
Passed out in the mech shop. Tun came up to me and ordered me to go on break to sleep and eat and stuff. To quote her, "As your Mayor, Miss Electrolyser, you need to respect the system we have and take a rostered break. As your friend, please take a damn break, Z!"

Nice to know someone cares.

26TH MOONSTONE 209
Lokum started going by DolosusDoleus. Whatever helps him cope; we all need outlets to deal with... this.
You can't see, Diary, but I'm gesturing to this damn cave and especially to the point where the screams from outside are loudest.

18TH OPAL 209
[The page is covered with sketches of siege equipment overlaid on diagrams of what appears to be a mining project. At the top is scrawled "INDUCTION COIL", and at the bottom is written more cleanly "Going to help mine. Gonna be great when it's done <3"]

16TH OBSIDIAN 209
Oh, by Tumam, it's them. I hear the screeches, and I know that they're not even SCREECHING yet. It's those banshee things.
I'll leave you here, Diary; I'm going to pray.

17TH OBSIDIAN 209
I think Tumam heard me, because it sounded like justice was served on a rose gold platter with a hearty ale in a devil bone mug!

7TH GRANITE 210
[The following entry is written in a different style to all the others]
Zetta,
When you read this, know I'm glad that that accident wasn't so bad that you required any medical help. But, it shows that even though you're powering through each day you're a mere slip away from falling unconscious from exhaustion. Please, for the love of the gods, take care of yourself, Z!
-Tun

PS. Totally was. ||-|-|||||||||/|||||||||/|||||

9TH GRANITE210
Oh no...
...Oh yes

24TH SLATE 210
Been busy working on the Induction Coil, but I hear dwarven screams now.
I give them two days.

25TH SLATE 210
One day off. I was close, though.

12TH FELSITE 210
The mushrooms glow again. More elves are here to trade.

16TH FELSITE 210
Mushrooms stopped glowing.

1ST HEMATITE 210
Summer's here already? And I was just getting started on the Induction Coil! I still need to get the fortifications carved, the catapults and ballistae made...

I'll tell the next Overseer how to place them.
[A sketch of four ballistae and several catapults compared to a fortified wall. The wall extends beyond the ballistae by one metre on each side, and each ballista has a one metre gap between them. The catapults are set behind the ballistae in three rows and are packed so tightly that there is no room]
Now, to remember all that... And to finish this part off myself:

Christ and Azazel, that took forever! Soo sorry about the Uni and the computer death '^^ Here's the save

Ninja'd: What can I say, technology loves me until the end~

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: November 29, 2015, 03:26:12 am »

Well, that was incredibly prompt. Bravo!

I am pleased to see that we have new additions to the ever-growing mountain of corpses strewn about the outside. How are our chthonic compadres on the surface doing in terms of numbers?

My concern with the ballista range is that if we're all knocked out by banshees it'll be almost, but not entirely, impossible to man them. What numbers are they typically showing up in for sieges?

Will be PMing the next guy presently.

(Also, since some people may be confused: yes, Lolfail does appear to have been using a basic graphics set of some kind, but since it doesn't look like it's actually tampered with the display characters in the raws I'm cool with. Still, if we end up with graphical weirdness after this there will be hell to pay :) )

E: melkor hasn't been active for something like 3 weeks, so I've skipped him and sent a message to biggestcheesemaker.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 03:39:52 am by Mr Frog »

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: November 29, 2015, 03:53:51 am »

Well, that was incredibly prompt. Bravo!

A perfect 72 FPS will do that~

I am pleased to see that we have new additions to the ever-growing mountain of corpses strewn about the outside. How are our chthonic compadres on the surface doing in terms of numbers?

Sometimes it seems like a mere couple, sometimes a couple scores

My concern with the ballista range is that if we're all knocked out by banshees it'll be almost, but not entirely, impossible to man them. What numbers are they typically showing up in for sieges?

They showed up with about sixteen at the last siege; I was counting on the spawn decimating them on the way down, as the plan is to make the Induction Coil the only way in through the surface; EVERYTHING would go through there.

(Also, since some people may be confused: yes, Lolfail does appear to have been using a basic graphics set of some kind, but since it doesn't look like it's actually tampered with the display characters in the raws I'm cool with. Still, if we end up with graphical weirdness after this there will be hell to pay :) )

It's actually the tileset linked in your sig '^^ But yeah, I can't stand the rectangular tiles, so I went for a pack that allegedly didn't mess with the graphics afterwards.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: November 29, 2015, 04:05:06 am »

It's actually the tileset linked in your sig '^^ But yeah, I can't stand the rectangular tiles, so I went for a pack that allegedly didn't mess with the graphics afterwards.

> Implying I wouldn't immediately notice that you're using my tileset and immediately split into a massive grin
> Implying I'm not a massive megalomaniac hiding under a poor imitation of normal human behaviour

You're cute sometimes, Lolf.

If by "sixteen" you mean sixteen squads (which is the only interpretation that makes sense to me right now), then yeah, that's definitely enough to lock us down if they get a chance to scream... hm. I'd say our next move after we get that trap set up should be to figure out some way of getting migrants into the fort should they arrive (although given the level of dwarven bloodshed we've managed to achieve in the past couple years, that will likely occur quite far in the future, if at all). We need extra bodies to soak up the screams if worst comes to worst.

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 140