Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 379926 times)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Everything Is Proceeding Smoothly
« Reply #1020 on: November 29, 2015, 05:12:53 am »

It's actually the tileset linked in your sig '^^ But yeah, I can't stand the rectangular tiles, so I went for a pack that allegedly didn't mess with the graphics afterwards.

> Implying I wouldn't immediately notice that you're using my tileset and immediately split into a massive grin
> Implying I'm not a massive megalomaniac hiding under a poor imitation of normal human behaviour

You're cute sometimes, Lolf.

If by "sixteen" you mean sixteen squads (which is the only interpretation that makes sense to me right now), then yeah, that's definitely enough to lock us down if they get a chance to scream... hm. I'd say our next move after we get that trap set up should be to figure out some way of getting migrants into the fort should they arrive (although given the level of dwarven bloodshed we've managed to achieve in the past couple years, that will likely occur quite far in the future, if at all). We need extra bodies to soak up the screams if worst comes to worst.

Actually, I meant sixteen... total. Sixteen units.
Probably two or three squads, if I recall correctly.

Also, we did get migrants but they were decimated
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 05:14:42 am by Lolfail0009 »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Welcome to Purgatory!
« Reply #1021 on: November 29, 2015, 05:19:31 am »

*blinks*

Wow. Only sixteen banshees, period? What the what? ...Are siege numbers directly linked to fortress population? I was under the impression that they continuously escalate... weird. What about the other sieges? Did they come in similarly-low numbers?
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: November 29, 2015, 05:35:51 am »

*blinks*

Wow. Only sixteen banshees, period? What the what? ...Are siege numbers directly linked to fortress population? I was under the impression that they continuously escalate... weird. What about the other sieges? Did they come in similarly-low numbers?

I don't know; I got the message and left them to the Spawn. Really, those sieges are to our fort what zinc is to steel; a means of keeping rust off. Sixteen might be a tad low, though, but they died all the same.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: November 29, 2015, 01:23:06 pm »

Woooooooo!!! All fortress operations are up again!

Also: How the hell did you get to 72 fps? Are you some sort of wizard? I can never get my fps past 40 ._.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

mikethete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: November 29, 2015, 04:38:01 pm »

I think the game feels bad for what it did before, that or hell has finally frozen over

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: November 29, 2015, 07:19:47 pm »

that or hell has finally frozen over

Don't think we've reached that stage of a fortress's development yet. I'm not sure if we can even get ice blocks here.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: November 29, 2015, 08:32:13 pm »

Also: How the hell did you get to 72 fps? Are you some sort of wizard? I can never get my fps past 40 ._.

Laptop knows what it can do, I guess. i5 5200U processor is clearly the best

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: November 29, 2015, 09:49:03 pm »

that or hell has finally frozen over

Don't think we've reached that stage of a fortress's development yet. I'm not sure if we can even get ice blocks here.
Urge to sig... Rising....
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: December 01, 2015, 03:30:54 am »

biggestcheesemaker has been skipped due to lack of response. A PM has been sent to Crashmaster.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: December 01, 2015, 09:53:29 pm »

Downloaded. High priority hot tubbing first then I'll take a look once my brain is thoroughly overheated and under enough influences to make sense of it all.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: December 01, 2015, 10:58:57 pm »

Downloaded. High priority hot tubbing first then I'll take a look once my brain is thoroughly overheated and under enough influences to make sense of it all.

Groovy. Welcome to hell.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: December 03, 2015, 12:11:40 am »

So far so great. Migrants arrived despite the danger and spawned right near a <*bismuth bronze pick*> near a dead elven pack animal. Walls in the caverns would be nice. Coffins and slabs were more important then whatever was getting smoothed since there was already one ghost-murder dropping us to 9 dwarves before the migrants.

Needed dfhack tweak fixmigrant to get the third arrival to move.

Also do not feel certain there is absolutely no remaining link between us and the lost areas of the fort.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 12:30:40 am by Crashmaster »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: December 03, 2015, 12:49:24 am »

So far so great. Migrants arrived despite the danger and spawned right near a <*bismuth bronze pick*> near a dead elven pack animal. Walls in the caverns would be nice. Coffins and slabs were more important then whatever was getting smoothed since there was already one ghost-murder dropping us to 9 dwarves before the migrants.

Needed dfhack tweak fixmigrant to get the third arrival to move.

Also do not feel certain there is absolutely no remaining link between us and the lost areas of the fort.

Aww yeee, migrants. We are officially recovering from the Scourging, dudes.

Feel free to use dfhack as long as it's just to fix bugs (I'd actually forgotten about the migrant bug, lol)

It's been over a year and nothing's managed to wander in, so I think we're good. I'm pretty sure I checked the cavern floor and ceiling thoroughly for other perforations -- not saying I can't have missed something, but it's not likely, and absolutely everything except for the top of the Spire, the farm, and the stonecrafting shop is newly-dug and has no connection to the old constructions.

Two things that I'm suspicious about are the tunnel under one of the cavern lakes to deliver water to the top of the Spire, since I'm not convinced the demons won't be able to break down the bridge blocking it off from the lakebed and, from there, the rest of the cavern, and the magma-mist contraption you built, since I'm fairly-sure it wasn't filled during my turn, but it seems to have mysteriously filled itself in the save Lolf uploaded (although I suppose the demons could have broken down a floodgate somewhere).

E: Also, I'm not sure what the hell kind of standards the game has for the higher ranks of fortress peril, since we literally had most of our entire 200-strong population plus at least one subsequent migrant wave get massacred and we're still getting the wimpy old "despite the danger" announcement :V  We need to step up our game, people.

E2: Is His Gaudiness still alive?

E3: It just hit me with alarming clarity that our dwarves have spent the last year and a half cowering in a cavern and being picked off one by one by angry ghosts, all the while knowing that a massive horde of demons are lying in wait not a stone's throw away ready to rip them to shreds if they ever open a path out of their little bunker. That's pretty intense.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 01:49:17 am by Mr Frog »

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: December 03, 2015, 02:22:20 am »

Lol His Gaudiness was just steps behind when the mayor got ghost-bitchslapped out in the caverns. He was trying to attend a meeting with him. Still unhappy.

p.s. we're coffin neighbours Mr.Frog

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: December 03, 2015, 03:27:00 am »

Lol His Gaudiness was just steps behind when the mayor got ghost-bitchslapped out in the caverns. He was trying to attend a meeting with him. Still unhappy.

p.s. we're coffin neighbours Mr.Frog

I'm sure your corpse is thrilled to be interred next to such a "heroic" leader :V

Absolutely nothing would make me happier than if we became the fort that had demons rampaging through the fortress completely-unchallenged with no way to fight them but still somehow managed to not only survive and make a comeback, but keep the local ruler alive throughout the duration :V

Speaking of, please figure out which of the ghosts is killing our dudes and put the bastard down before they manage to commit regicide. His Gaudiness deserves a better end than at the hands of a PMSing poltergeist.

E2: Also, please redorf me as "Mr Frug" if possible. Male, no job preference, custom title: "Confused Tourist"
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 03:58:46 am by Mr Frog »

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 140