Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 379192 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Welcome to Purgatory!
« Reply #1050 on: December 08, 2015, 03:31:15 am »

OOC; Planned to finish up in one go on the weekend but had no time at all. Shorter ones through the week then. Not much going on down below.

Meh, shit happens. I'm just happy that the situation down in the bunker no longer resembles a crappy horror movie.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

mikethete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: December 08, 2015, 09:26:38 pm »

Every time I check back here I expect this fortress to have finally died, but it never does.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: December 08, 2015, 11:58:17 pm »

Every time I check back here I expect this fortress to have finally died, but it never does.

We're the giant sponge of succession forts.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: December 09, 2015, 12:37:11 am »

With all of our parts in the red.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: December 09, 2015, 01:22:33 am »

body
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: December 09, 2015, 01:56:02 am »

body

fortress

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: December 09, 2015, 04:38:02 am »

body

fortress

Clobbermountains

Wretched husk of a dwarven fortress, brought to unlife by an amphibian overlord and his followers.

Its body is broken. Its body is bleeding magma. Its soul is gone.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: December 09, 2015, 04:51:27 am »

body

fortress

Clobbermountains

Wretched husk of a dwarven fortress, brought to unlife by an amphibian overlord and his followers.

Its body is broken. Its body is bleeding magma. Its soul is gone.

Didn't have enough DETERMINATION to keep its soul

Aldraglienon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: December 09, 2015, 05:05:23 am »

Uh, I just checked the injuries page on the wiki to get ideas of how to continue the joke and discovered a couple things.
red means that a part has lost all structural integrate or muscle ability.
cyan means an important function of the part is completely lost, but structurally sound or at least partial intact.
so while in the red sounds cooler it would be more accurate to say were in cyan because for example the forges are still there we just can't use them. So if were to compare the fort to a living thing, the greater spawn would be a paralytic infection which has disabled most of the body.

Now to continue the joke,
Clobbermountains
This is a dwarf fortress
Main entrance
Main halls
Industries
Forges
Military
Mines
Emergency second fortress
Paralytic
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 05:13:14 am by Aldraglienon »

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: December 09, 2015, 06:02:21 am »

Clobbermountains
This is a dwarf fortress
Main entrance
Main halls
Industries
Forges
Military
Mines
Emergency second fortress
Paralytic

Can I nominate this for quotes? Is that a thing?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: December 09, 2015, 07:35:36 am »

It'd probably be more accurate to have the military grayed out, because I don't think the Clobbermountains militia really exists anymore.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: December 09, 2015, 09:06:29 am »

This looks !!FUN!!, could I be dorfed? I don't really care about the profession of the dwarf or if his job could make him die ridiculously quickly, I just would like to be called Mate the 888th, just so I can call the dwarf succeeding him after he dies 'Mate the 889th'.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Aldraglienon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: December 09, 2015, 08:05:45 pm »

Yah, The Military should probably be grayed out. Also some changes occurred to me, like to specif some of the forts industries and the farms are actually ok last I checked. SPIREGATE should be there and in the red. The fortress isn't really paralytic but more pale from dwarf blood loss, it could also be considered to have an extreme Greater Spawn fever problem.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: December 09, 2015, 08:51:24 pm »

Clobbermountains; Surface Report; End of summer

Human traders arrived on the eastern boarder. Greater spawn descend from the skies en masse and start tearing into them. Little further attention was merited.

Banshee siege on the western and northern boarders. The group on the western boarder arrived a little further south then our migrant wave did. Furtherer south enough to be seen by the three greater spawn that ours avoided. Soilfragrance, Beautylost the Fateful Hate, and Hobletufted endure quite a bruising from the banshees and screech way more then any banshees themselves.
More interestingly is the Greater Spawns' historically accurate proclivity for brutal clothing-based beatings. Soilfragrance is beating banshees with a *phantom spider silk robe* while Beautylost the Fragrance of Hate swings a phantom spider left glove. The humans are suffering the wrath of Gnarledhate the High Leader and his deadly large black bear leather loincloth, Mucousfever wielding a -rope reed fiber left mitten-, Noblehobble and his rope reed fiber sock, Gallpuzzles the Snail of Froths has a cave spider silk cap, Snailsilt the Ashen Larva has a phantom spider silk tunic, Ghoullambs the Gland of Sucking has a large rope reed fiber sock, Umbralphantoms has a phantom spider silk shoe, Strapwhispers the Plain Hero has a giant cave spider silk hood, Herohells the Shadows of Sucking has a deer leather left glove, Romancetumours the Little Demon of Cats questionably wields a single pig tail fiber thread, there's Shaftpelts the Gnarled Brain who is somehow fighting using 5 prepared helmet snake brains, and the soon to be Named Greater Spawn dual-wielding a large rope reed fiber sock and a large spotted wobbegong leather something.

Ambushes and thieves arrive up top for extended beatings, some turn due to spawnitis it seems but the greater spawn don't respect their lesser and just keep on beating and killing.

The top was ignored until Autumn. Painfully slow wall and waterfall progress down below while collecting dead constantly. Can't get anyone to make those damn wooden shields.

When I checked back on the surface there was a glimmer of hope for fortunate future arrivals amidst a field of screams.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So many tooths.

...could I be dorfed?...

Will do. Not much time left in my year. Near doom, dumb luck and pointless heroism coming up.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: December 09, 2015, 09:18:18 pm »

You have to understand that the greater spawn have spent countless eons in the depths of hell. Naked. If you discovered clothes for the first time in forever, you'd be going crazy over that shit too.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 140