Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 378992 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Welcome to Purgatory!
« Reply #1065 on: December 09, 2015, 09:25:12 pm »

You have to understand that the greater spawn have spent countless eons in the depths of hell. Naked. If you discovered clothes for the first time in forever, you'd be going crazy over that shit too.

Cuz for the first time in forreeeeeeverrrrrr
There'll be rat brains, there'll be socks
For the first time in forEEEEEverrrrr
There'll be something besides rocks

E: Also, excellent update, Crash. I'm pleased that you're planning to add a water feature to our hidden underground bunker. Soon our dwarves will be cowering in comfort.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 09:27:25 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: December 11, 2015, 09:57:10 pm »

You have to understand that the greater spawn have spent countless eons in the depths of hell. Naked. If you discovered clothes for the first time in forever, you'd be going crazy over that shit too.

I nominate this for the quotes list.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: December 11, 2015, 10:22:27 pm »

I nominate this for the quotes list.
If you do, let's add the song as well. It made me laugh.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: December 11, 2015, 10:31:29 pm »

Okay, sure! I'll go ahead and put up the one Lolf nominated as well.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 12:07:02 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: December 13, 2015, 12:07:13 am »

(le bump) still going at it, Crash?

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: December 13, 2015, 01:48:24 pm »

Yeah, I'm getting over a bit of an eye infection that mostly kept me away from the computer screen but went skiing yesterday anyways. Starting to squint through the screenshots now. I plan to do at least one update today. It seems win10's screenshot feature is not entirely reliable as well.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: December 13, 2015, 02:34:13 pm »

Yeah, I'm getting over a bit of an eye infection that mostly kept me away from the computer screen but went skiing yesterday anyways. Starting to squint through the screenshots now. I plan to do at least one update today. It seems win10's screenshot feature is not entirely reliable as well.

Okay lol, don't force yourself if you're in pain (obviously) :V  Just making sure you're still with us.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: December 13, 2015, 03:04:49 pm »

Lookee what I found.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: December 13, 2015, 03:23:43 pm »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: December 13, 2015, 03:47:44 pm »

G'day, mate. I'll just be around.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: December 13, 2015, 06:56:57 pm »

Diary Of Mastercrasher Wiltedsmith; Autumn

Uncle Erib is the hardest working dwarf here. Every time I see him, he is doing the work that keeps us alive. I never know what the rest of them are doing. Corpses still litter the caverns. Progress on our walls is intermittent at best and frequently backwards due to masonic idiocy. Still waiting on the mechanical work for the waterfall too.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MrFurg's wife, Atir Channelowners, is interrupted during a hauling job by a cave dragon. She puts up quite a fight blocking many shots before getting her right foot clawed off. On the ground she blocked five more attacks while screaming her last words, "I never wanted to leave Lashcanyon!" before two skull-shattering blows to the head ended her with a torn brain.

Mr.Furg rushed to her side but was interrupted by the cave dragon as well, he fled back to the fortress leading the monster into a cage trap in the access passage and solving that problem.

With the excitement over some attention was given to Mosus Zasolin's secretive mood. He hasn't left his claimed craftsdwarf's workshop for weeks. Our donkey foal was slaughtered and it's hide set for tanning in an attempt to provide for his needs.
Time was also found to construct the first of the pumping machinery for our future waterfall.

Uncle Erib has been quite a sport about constantly living and laboring like a peasant but lately his vestments have been looking less then gaudy and he is suffering as a result. We have no thread, no pigtail seeds and the dwarf-power collecting webs is plagued by Bugbat interruptions. A pair of new shoes seems out of reach.

Migrants arrive on the eastern border. The Greater Spawn descend upon them from above. They have no chance despite a nearby bronze pick. Three of them are forcibly infected with spawnitis and transformed into a holistic spawn only to be struck down by the Greater Spawn anyways.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

While the clothing industry fallows another work squad has pierced the magmatube for forge power. Without injury. We are well aware of the potential for danger though.

I have started hunting again, returning this time with a giant olm for the butcher. It was comforting to find our lovely waterfall was completed and will stay running after the manual start.

Poor Mosus never found what he needed and has been stricken by melancholy. I update the coffin production queue and assignments.
Clothing production needs are growing into my greatest concern. Plant collection has yielded nothing useable.
At least the forge room magma supply has been filled without attack from the volcano so it is sealed off successfully.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Dwarven merchants arrive on the eastern border right into a cloud of seething mist. The Greater Spawn still hovering around the area care not and kill them all the same.

As this is happening a banshee siege arrives on the eastern border just to the south and draws it's own wave of Greater Spawn down from the sky.

__________________________________________________________________________________

It was inevitable. Mosus died after several melancholic months. His corpse will have to get in line as burials are still way behind schedule. Atir Channelowned for one has tired of waiting in her un-interred corpse and returned to following her husband Mr.Furg for better or worse.

Security has regained it's position over clothing as alpha worry.

Unfortunately it seems we may have run into a little snang.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: December 13, 2015, 08:15:32 pm »

Erib should still have his hammer... Does anyone know which end of a spear to hold? Cause His Gaudiness might only piss that thing off with a hammer. Or any spare miners available (stupid question, but hey. Miners are called to arms pretty often in some players' forts for a reason.)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: December 13, 2015, 08:44:14 pm »

I think ''Uzol, dwarven merchant mutant is stricken by melancholy'' is an accurate sentence to describe our fortress.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: December 13, 2015, 09:22:56 pm »

Remember when I said that all it'd take would be a forgotten beast attacking the second cavern layer to absolutely end us?

Time to prove me wrong, dude.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: December 13, 2015, 11:37:50 pm »

Iguana-dont let it get to you; it probably can't even access us.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 140