Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 379359 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Welcome to Purgatory!
« Reply #1095 on: December 18, 2015, 04:33:20 pm »

I think mining the spire from the bottom up would be wise, in case someone inadvertantly hit a magma vein. Should that happen we'd just lose one unmined layer, rather than the whole thing.
someone
inadvertantly hit a magma vein

:*)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 04:35:34 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: December 18, 2015, 07:43:11 pm »

Can we name the cave dragon Franklin? I'm feeling it's a Franklin, even if it's a she.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: December 18, 2015, 10:33:07 pm »

Can we name the cave dragon Franklin? I'm feeling it's a Franklin, even if it's a she.
She's just a dragon named Lyn that happens to be very honest and upfront.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: December 19, 2015, 02:40:00 pm »

Clobbermountains; Wait! I still function.

The first of what will be eight dwarves to arrive assesses the scene in a heartbeat and rushes to inspect a nearby slaughtered dwarven caravan's goods.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Amperzand returns and quickly digs into the soft silty clay loam. The rest haul as much usefull goods from the wrecked caravan as they dare.

With no sign of worsening danger the hole is expanded to accomadate more steel, seeds, weapons and armour. Nerves eventually overcome greed and the hole is walled off from the outside world.

Amperzand digs towards the sounds of dwarven foot traffic and connects in the last month of spring.

Dorfings;

In the fort we are making preparations for the first water pour to start cast obsidian inverse pyramid mining the adamantine ore spire.
Holistic spawn arrive on the surface and the seasons turn to summer.

I used this spot as a quantum dump; (accidentally wasted a bunch of dorfpower dumping stuff I didn't know was designated too)

Levers; refer to (N)otes.

The lone blue lever in the room south of the dining room controls the bridge in the small tunnel to the north that connects our secure area with the rest of the cavern.
The group of four lower right in the small room;

The top three in the small room; Waterfall power; obvious.

Spire h2o smasher; bridge to atom-smash excess water in top level of the inverse pyramid adamantine ore mining operation

Main h2o supply door; door to fortifications to what should be a safe water supply as it's forced up through grates. It is waiting on removal of the temporary safety hatch for one thing.

Bringing us to projects;

The other thing is the bridge that controls the safe water supply is closed. Needs a volunteer to get walled in and throw the lever. Hopefully to return.

There's the FB silk farm to keep trying to recover and seal it off up at the ceiling or try to steal pig tail seeds from the old fort or outside. We really need clothes soon.
There are a bunch of weapons and armour secured up near the surface as well as steel goods and we have an operational magma forge.

Sleeping quarters expansion is underway. Still a long way from being a real settlement.

Although we now have a cat. Rescued from the dead traders outside by the latest migrant wave it waits next to the cave dragon.

Save;

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11521
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 02:50:00 pm by Crashmaster »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: December 19, 2015, 05:37:37 pm »

*claps* Excellent job, Crashmaster! Absolutely friggin' fabulous turn. I'll pardon the use of an atomsmasher since it isn't intended as a weapon. Will be PMing the next guy shortly.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: December 20, 2015, 04:16:22 am »

We've really shifted this fort into a low gear; it's gonna be slow but holy fuck is it gonna keep going

Absolutely amazing turn, Crashmaster

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: December 20, 2015, 04:20:01 pm »

*Quickly catches up with the going-ons of the fortress*

Damn guys, I'm impressed. I swear, this fort is like a cockroach. No matter what the world (or the players) throw at it, it absolutely refuses to die.

I'm really looking forward to my turn.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: December 20, 2015, 05:20:22 pm »

Damn guys, I'm impressed. I swear, this fort is like a cockroach. No matter what the world (or the players) throw at it, it absolutely refuses to die.

Well, brace your anus, because it looks like you're up next if 4maskwolf doesn't get back to us in the next (checks) oh, let's say 24 hours and Aldraglienon doesn't check in sometime before then.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: December 20, 2015, 05:37:27 pm »

Well, brace your anus, because it looks like you're up next if 4maskwolf doesn't get back to us in the next (checks) oh, let's say 24 hours and Aldraglienon doesn't check in sometime before then.
Don't get too confortable in your overseer seat, we are still in a deadly arms race against Bean Sidhe Land.

Aldraglienon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: December 20, 2015, 11:13:53 pm »

I'm Still here and ready if 4maskwolf doesn't respond.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: December 21, 2015, 01:04:40 am »

I'm Still here and ready if 4maskwolf doesn't respond.

Yeah lol, I figured you were still lurking :p  It'd probably better if you at least stayed signed in, though, because it makes it quicker to check how active you are. (i.e. by creeping on your forum profile)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: December 21, 2015, 06:55:39 pm »

Welp, 4maskwolf didn't show up. You're up, Al.

Aldraglienon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: December 21, 2015, 08:21:21 pm »

I have the save. I should post my initial reaction in a while.

Edit: I spent an hour just looking around this place is amazing. I have ok fps it averages around 17.

Edit v2:

My name is Kogan itdunmeng last year I came to Clobbermountain with the hope of finding work in the capital. It didn't turn out that way... Instead Thikut had to mine into the second cavern layer where we found the forts survivors. we were immediately put to work making the area more livable. At least, I found work.
Yesterday Mastercrasher stepped down as Overseer. Some how it was decided I would be overseer. Well, it not so much a mystery. Crasher hadn't selected an replacement so His Gaudiness pointed in a direction and said the dwarf on the other end would be overseer. I was the unlucky dwarf.

Look over the Overseer's notes I have a couple things to do, finish the rooms Crasher was building, figure out how to work the obsidianization machine he was building, improve living conditions. Anything else can be worked on as I go.

Hematite 2nd: While I was still trying to sort through all this paper work and work on a mechanism His Gaudiness came over and mandated scepters. When I asked why, he asked if a was questioning his authority, of course I said no.

Hematite 6th: Look through all the paper work on jobs I discovered that their were still active orders for stuff in the old demon infested fort I thought it would be a good idea to mark these jobs as cancelled.

Hematite 9th: Though I am wary because the caverns are open. Collection of webs and wood is going well. I just pray to Ok Arbanekast that it doesn't bite us in the ass later.

Hematite 11th: Work on the new rooms is going well. Three of them have been completed. Otherwise things are going fine.

Hematite 12th: I was going through reports and discovered Mate the 888th was hunting bugbats in the caverns at first I was going to tell him to stop it. However, I checked our food stocks and decided to let him continue for now. He didn't actually bring anything back.

Hematite 19th: Things have been quiet for a while and work goes slowly. Other then the Spawns screaches being abnormally noisy.  I order some area mined out for more stockpile because we are having problems with stuff building up in the workshops.

On the surface: They had been walk for so long their foot were sore and spirits down. One of them was sure the mountain home wasn't far but the rest weren't so sure. Suddenly they came upon a field of bone.
What is all of this? I don't know but I don't think it means anything good.
Suddenly a shadow comes from above... Their screams didn't last very long.
Little Sarvesh Oddomidash was running as fast as she could the huge monsters were after her. She heard their horrible screams coming up behind her and she ran faster. for two days, she ran until finally one of them caught up with her and bit her. Her body stretched and warped causing utter agony. However, her new form didn't give her and advantage it only made the pain last a little bit longer. The great monstrosity above her simple kept beating away with it's pig tail fiber string until a single claw swipe shattered her black heart...

OOC: The migrants came on the right side of the map... Where all the spawn where flying around I don't even get a chance to save them.

Hematite 20th: While continuing trying to keep us alive for a little while longer, Erib came to me and said "I have figured out the perfect weapon to defeat the spawn!" With a look of annoyance I glanced up from my small sea of paper and asked, "What"
Erib answered "Maces!" I just stared at him for a moment then said, "I thought pikes or axes were better at killing spawn."
Erib glared and said, "I mandate that you have maces made IMMEDIATELY!" Not want to argue with the one person who can have me killed I just said, "Of course immediately." If you read this don't tell His Gaudiness but I am sure his insanity is going to get us killed.

Hematite 24th Zuglar just suddenly stopped in the middle of his engraving duties and ran down to the workshops and claimed a masonshop I hope he makes a really nice statue for his Gaudiness so he will quiet down about those rooms.

The first month of my Overseership has come to an end however the is still much to be done.

OOC: Before I try the obsidian mining I am going to need to go back and reread Crash's turn and figure out how it works. I also need to bring down all those steel and iron supplies from near the surface. then I need to figure out my next project.
Oh and the reason their arn't any pictures is because I forgot to take any tomorrow I while try and remember that.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 12:26:14 am by Aldraglienon »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: December 22, 2015, 12:01:09 am »

Edit: I spent an hour just looking around this place is amazing. I have ok fps it averages around 17.

Aw yeeeh. Welcome to our special hell.

Take care where you dig, I have this horrible feeling that we'll end up meeting our end because someone accidentally breaks into a Spawn-controlled area :V

Aldraglienon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: December 22, 2015, 12:24:32 am »

Aw yeeeh. Welcome to our special hell.

Take care where you dig, I have this horrible feeling that we'll end up meeting our end because someone accidentally breaks into a Spawn-controlled area :V

Yah, there are tunnels all over the place. It took quiet awhile to figure out what we control and what was instant death.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 140