Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 379353 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

We're still waiting on Aldra's last writeup, but if we haven't heard from him by then go ahead.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile

I'll think about this. Don't sign me up yet, as you guys are farther already than I 've gone, dealing with demons and everything, but I'll probably sign up once I'm more comfortable with the game and stuff. Honestly, I've breached the caverns once...and then my entire fort was over run by troglobites and several giant cave spiders, because my entire military wasn't wearing any pants and got their legs ripped off/pulped/various other kinds of carnage.

Oh, and did I mention that the most interesting thing that has happened so far was a kobold or two stealing some wood?
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll think about this. Don't sign me up yet, as you guys are farther already than I 've gone, dealing with demons and everything, but I'll probably sign up once I'm more comfortable with the game and stuff. Honestly, I've breached the caverns once...and then my entire fort was over run by troglobites and several giant cave spiders, because my entire military wasn't wearing any pants and got their legs ripped off/pulped/various other kinds of carnage.

Oh, and did I mention that the most interesting thing that has happened so far was a kobold or two stealing some wood?

As long as you can comfortably work with the military, feel free to sign up! (Also, sorry for the late reply!)

Aldra has 24 hours to post something, else we're taking the save he posted and Dolosus is going into his turn blind :p
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile

Aldra has 24 hours to post something, else we're taking the save he posted and Dolosus is going into his turn blind :p

Yaaaayyyy......
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yaaaayyyy......

Lol, sorry dude. At least we have an actual save to go off of and don't have to roll back an entire turn :p  That would've sucked hardcore.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Obviously His Gaudiness disposed of some seditious materials.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile

I'll sign up, but no gurantees; school starts Tuesday.

Aldraglienon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Really Sorry guys the New year was more hectic then I thought it would be.

Moonstone 16th:
Having slept on the problem of getting the water from the upper caverns, I decided, we need a larger work force first. As such, I ordered the two dug out spaces where the migrants came in converted into an airlocks. Hopefully we will be able recover any idiots that try to make their way to this forsaken place.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Opal 2nd:
Olon Loloketar the cook wife of Amperzand has given birth today to a beautiful baby girl. I hope she has a good future because though things are looking up we are still on the precipice of doom.

Opal 15th:
Kib finally succumb to thirst because of his failed mood. If only the madness would end but the screeches will go on much longer I fear.

Obsidian 4th:
We have almost finished the "North Airlock". It's really to North-East but we are calling it the north airlock. Near the dinning rooms the control room has been completed however we still need to connect the levers to the bridges. I should also explain how the levers will be set up. All of the top row will control the external bridges with levers going North, West, East, and South airlocks. the second row from the top will control the middle bridge in between the two sections of the airlock. The third row will control the the Inner bridge which will lead into the main fortress. Lastly, the fourth row will control failsafes, which will control a bridge in the corridor to the airlock just in case the first three are breached somehow.

Obsidian 7th:
Ustuth Katlikot my wife gave birth to our baby girl today. I just pray lives long enough to escape this place and go back to more civilized lands one day or sees this place return to greatness.

Obsidian 11th:
We have finally finished the "North airlock" and it occurred to me that I haven't written down how the airlocks are designed to be used. The airlocks are double or two stage airlocks meaning that they have two sections which the mechanics and I are calling the Outer(the one directly touching the outside) and Inner (the one that is directly connected to a tunnel into the fortress). The Exterior and Middle bridges are opened and someone yells to the migrants that there is a active meeting zone in the Inner section. If spawn, siege, or something else nasty is heading to the airlock and some migrants are already in the Inner section then the Middle bridge will be closed and a meeting zone will be activated in the Outer section. All of the previous is done so that at least some of the migrants will be guaranteed to make it in while still letting any stragglers a chance to get in as well. Finally, the Exterior and Middle bridge (if it wasn't used, if it was then it is opened instead) are closed and the Interior and failsafe bridge opened letting the migrants in. Also, the failsafe bridge should always be closed while in use, it's there just in case all three airlocks in front of it are breached somehow.
OOC: I am horrible at explaining stuff like this, I know.

Obsidian 13th:
I have sent Aban to go wait in the airlock while the Interior and Failsafe bridges are closed just in case. He will then go and deconstruct the wall which is in between the airlock and the outside world. I hope the demons outside don't notice.

Obsidian 18th:
While we patiently twiddle out thumbs waiting for Aban to be finished I got report of a new sound in the upper caverns. Probably just another forgotten beast however we are more worried about the monsters on the surface.

Obsidian 19th
Aban has succeeded! We now have one working airlock now for the other one...

Obsidian 23rd:
Ooc: Another spawn ambush they went into the tunnel too the main gate again.

Then another spawn ambush arrives in the tunnel also.

Two died in the initial attack but this battle just got a lot more interesting their are 8 spawn vs about 7 GSs now.

And the spawn lose without killing any of the greater spawn or giving much worse injuries then they already had. Well that went worse then I hoped.

Granite 2nd:
Out of nowhere, A new ghostly trouble maker appeared and battered our wood cutter. It took off the lower part of his right arm, while he isn't bed stricken like Mr Frug it is still terrible to behold.

Granite 7th:
We have finished testing the "West airlock's"(It's to the North-west actually) bridges are working and tested. Now the most dangerous part of the project, exposing it to the outside world. I have sent Aban again to bring down the wall.

Granite 16th:
Ustuth made an animal trap, while it looks nice, why would we need one of those?

Granite 28th:
Earlier today I received word of Migrants by the west airlock. I have ordered it opened hopping that we might be able to save some of the poor souls before the spawn get there.

Slate 4th:
it took a lot of shouting to convince the migrants to go into the airlock. When I managed to convince all of them to get into the airlock, I asked why they just stood there and one of them informed me the landscape was horrifying, which I truthfully, seeing the outside that is a good excuses. There are six of them. We now have 27 dwarves who can work and 8 children.

Slate 10th:
The new workers are fitting in just fine, and finally things are getting done much faster. Also, His Gaudiness's obsession with shields, maces, and scepters continues to drain fortress resources at least he helps with their construction.

Slate 24th:
I just finished installing the final linkage for the East airlock and once Fikod has finished the last linkage for the south both will be fully operational except, that we need to send someone to connect the airlocks to the surface, one of the new faces we won't miss as much can do it.

Felsite 5th:
All of the airlocks have been connected to the outside the project is finally completed. Now, to finish off the old project and get to that blue lever.

Felsite 8th:
I set up a bridge infront of the wall we need to get through to get the blue lever. Once, We have finished link up the bridge then we will send in a miner to try breaching the wall and getting the lever. Fingers crossed this all goes well.

Felsite 13th:
I decided to let ask for volunteers for the job instead of assigning someone to it. When I asked, Thikut volunteered to do it. I hope he makes it, he is an old friend of mine.

Felsite 15th:
Although, he did have some trouble because I forgot to order a boulder put on his side to wall of the passage... Thikut did it! We now have water!

Felsite 17th:
I am stumped all my sources said that the lever should have given us access to the water. My term as Overseer is almost over so the next one will have to figure it out. As my last act as Overseer I have decided to expand the the metal work industry.

Felsite 20th:
I should correct my last entry second to last. I have been think of trying to get some of the gold around our cavern for furniture and because it's gold so I have ordered an expansive network of tunnel to try and give access to all the gold veins around us. Never can have enough gold.

OOC: I don't know why but the cyan lever didn't work we're going to need to think of something else.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Obviously His Gaudiness disposed of some seditious materials.

S-tier handwave, will use in the future if it ever becomes relevant.

@Aldra: It's cool bro, I just wasn't sure whether you'd ditched us or not since you hadn't posted anything in a bit. Thanks for pulling through for us; that was a great turn. I especially like the airlock system.

I'll sign up, but no gurantees; school starts Tuesday.

Welcome aboard!

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Cowering in Comfort [Players Wanted!]
« Reply #1149 on: January 04, 2016, 01:25:16 pm »

I'm going into this blind, be cause I don't have time to go through and read everything  ::)

On a side note, my military still doesn't have any pants.Stupid blacksmiths...

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Cowering in Comfort [Players Wanted!]
« Reply #1150 on: January 04, 2016, 04:18:48 pm »

I'm going into this blind, be cause I don't have time to go through and read everything  ::)

On a side note, my military still doesn't have any pants.Stupid blacksmiths...

Please do read everything. This is still technically a story fort (although there's not much of a coherent plot lol). I have all of the main fortress updates compiled in either the third post, although you'd be missing out on a bunch of journals which develop the setting a bit further.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: January 04, 2016, 05:42:50 pm »

The first BLIND Clobbermountains turn will be the last.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 09:37:52 pm by Taupe »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: January 04, 2016, 05:51:21 pm »

The firsf Clobbermountains turn will be the last.

*blinks the sort of blink that only people who are completely out of the cultural loop can blink*

What does this mean? I googled a few variants and all I got were bible quotes and programming tutorials.

Aldraglienon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: January 04, 2016, 10:31:44 pm »

I especially like the airlock system.
Thanks, I wanted to try and make it so even if a tantruming dwarf started breaking or messing with levers. It would be hard to get a repeat of the Spiregate incident.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: January 04, 2016, 10:33:30 pm »

Sounds like the watergate fiasco. I LOVE IT.

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 140