Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 378907 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Cowering in Comfort [Players Wanted!]
« Reply #1155 on: January 04, 2016, 10:46:57 pm »

Sounds like the watergate fiasco. I LOVE IT.

A plot to try and bait the inattentive went... Wrong. To say the least.

Well, I guess sorta right, but still wrong.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Cowering in Comfort [Players Wanted!]
« Reply #1156 on: January 05, 2016, 07:16:17 pm »

From the Journal of Bomrek Kunokab

1st Hematite:

Its that time of year again, when we choose who our new overseer will be. This year, His Gaudiness decided that he would arrange everyone into a circle, and then randomly pick someone after spinning around with his arms outstretched screaming “WHEEEEE!!!!”

And after twenty minutes of spinning, who does he finally point at? Only the maddest goddamn bastard in clobbermountains: DolosusDoleus. I mean come on, dude makes us call him an “escaped mental patient” and talks to himself. Something aint’ right there.

Also, in the chaos, our jeweler decides to start calling himself “Chaotic Skies” for some reason. Whatever helps him deal with stress, I guess.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The first thing our new overseer does is make sure that Mr. Furg doesn’t starve to death in his bed. Good for him. What happened to getting us out of this hellhole?

12th Hematite:

DolosusDoleus has ordered the construction of what he calls the PITHOLE, which he says stands for “Points in the Hole of Lethal Execution”. From what he tells us, he’s gonna build a winding road above a pit which will be lined with spears. Enemies will march across this chasm and be forced to fall in when we send minecarts careening down the path.

I mentioned to him that the would be completely useless against the Greater Spawn, but all he said was “meh”.

(OC: The PITHOLE should only be put into operation once all the Greater Spawn die off. As I recall from reading spearbreakers, upright spikes were surprisingly effective against the Spawn. Also, this could be used to kill off banshees, so as to prevent them from screaming.)

20th Hematite:

The forgotten beast Ybzoh has come!

24th Hematite:

Room full of switches. No idea what any of these do, odds are if we pull any of them it’ll let the greater spawn in. General consensus is that we don't touch em'

26th Hematite:

His Gaudiness announces that he is imposing bans on the exporting of maces, shields, and scepters. Its a wonder that he still insists that we’ll be able to trade.

10th Malachite:

Some migrants arrive, despite the danger!

They are instantly slaughtered. *sighs* time to engrave more memorial slabs.

17th Malachite:

DolosusDoleus announces that he has found a suitable place to construct the PITHOLE.

22nd Malachite:

A ghostly merchant has risen from the dead!

Fortunately, he seems content to just hang out with the Greater Spawn on the surface.

27th Malachite:

Mr. Furg has been struck by a fey mood!

He slowly crawls out of his bed and locks himself in the clothier’s workshop.

16th Galena:

Our miners have begun constructing the PITHOLE (Armok but that’s a really stupid name. I mean, really?).

17th Galena:

Strangely enough, Mr. Furg has obtained all the materials he keeps screaming about, but he has yet to begin working on anything. Odd.

20th Galena

An ambush! Curse them!

They… do I even need to point out what the greater spawn do to them?

12th Limestone:

Mr. Furg finally retrieves the last of his items!

He begins his mysterious construction!

19th Limestone

A forgotten beast comes!

I really don’t want to know what “buff hair” means.

OC: Sooooooo nothing really interesting happened so far. I'm going to apologize right now, PITHOLE won't be too terribly complex, as I haven't really spent a whole lot of time experimenting with minecarts since v40 came out (Damn climbing ruins EVERYTHING).

If you guys have any tips as to improve for my next update, I'm all ears. I'll probably have the next one written up by Thursday.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: January 05, 2016, 09:38:23 pm »

*blinks the sort of blink that only people who are completely out of the cultural loop can blink*

What does this mean? I googled a few variants and all I got were bible quotes and programming tutorials.
I meant blind turn, ahah.

Aldraglienon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: January 05, 2016, 10:15:18 pm »

Dolosus I explained what the levers do in my writeup and they are labeled, I made sure of that. Oh and by North it means North-East and west is North-West.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: January 06, 2016, 03:43:06 am »

*blinks the sort of blink that only people who are completely out of the cultural loop can blink*

What does this mean? I googled a few variants and all I got were bible quotes and programming tutorials.
I meant blind turn, ahah.

>tfw you think someone said something incomprehensibly-poetic but they really just accidentally a word

Gonna copy-paste Aldra's explanation of the levers here for @DolosusDoleus's convenient perusal:
I should also explain how the levers will be set up. All of the top row will control the external bridges with levers going North, West, East, and South airlocks. the second row from the top will control the middle bridge in between the two sections of the airlock. The third row will control the the Inner bridge which will lead into the main fortress. Lastly, the fourth row will control failsafes, which will control a bridge in the corridor to the airlock just in case the first three are breached somehow.

Quote from: DolosusDoleus
If you guys have any tips as to improve for my next update, I'm all ears. I'll probably have the next one written up by Thursday.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 03:45:32 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: January 06, 2016, 08:53:36 am »

Ayy, thanks. I'll try that next time.

Also, thanks for the lever explanation. However, I seriously doubt that any dwarves will be able to get inside anytime soon though...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 08:55:42 am by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: January 06, 2016, 03:29:59 pm »

Also, thanks for the lever explanation. However, I seriously doubt that any dwarves will be able to get inside anytime soon though...

Oh my god what did you do
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Aldraglienon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: January 06, 2016, 08:21:11 pm »

Why are you alarmed Mr Frog? Unless you can see some sort of subtext I can't. It just looks like... Oh the... What happened? My turn went fairly smoothly so does that mean we have at least one new major disaster?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: January 06, 2016, 08:42:50 pm »

Why are you alarmed Mr Frog? Unless you can see some sort of subtext I can't. It just looks like... Oh the... What happened? My turn went fairly smoothly so does that mean we have at least one new major disaster?

Oh, whoops, I thought he meant that the dwarves wouldn't be able to get into the lever room, which I intepreted as indicating that a demon or FB got in and rendered that section of the fortress unusable.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: January 07, 2016, 06:35:39 pm »

I actually managed to finish the year up in the past couple of days. I'll probably post a writeup sometime later today or tomorrow.

We're having a little bit of a ghost problem btw. For the next guy: ENGRAVE MOAR SLABS. We got hit with a couple MASSIVE migrant waves and now ghosts are appearing faster than I can memorialize them.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: January 08, 2016, 04:22:39 am »

I actually managed to finish the year up in the past couple of days. I'll probably post a writeup sometime later today or tomorrow.

We're having a little bit of a ghost problem btw. For the next guy: ENGRAVE MOAR SLABS. We got hit with a couple MASSIVE migrant waves and now ghosts are appearing faster than I can memorialize them.

Out of curiosity, what's our population at right now?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: January 08, 2016, 07:28:25 am »

Short a large migrant wave.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: January 08, 2016, 09:11:37 am »

Short a large migrant wave.

We are 39 strong!

ALSO: Link to the writeup (I'll copy it all to this page once I have time) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qBU44iivNq-g8h9VBQoQqJCq6Xn_yBaiqo1ylbQEF60/pub

Save: I'll post it on monday

Also, to Chaotic Skies: Make slab engraving a priority. When I ended my turn there were about four ghosts. I think I managed to taper off their spawning, but only time will tell.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: January 08, 2016, 01:03:09 pm »

So, was that volcano tap sealed off or could the greater spawn now potetially access the fort through the volcano?

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: January 08, 2016, 10:16:49 pm »

Quick question, since I don't want to mees up the save before I even begin, do I need the mods installed myself? I only ask because I can't find the Seething Mist thing.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 140