Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 379163 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Cowering in Comfort [Players Wanted!]
« Reply #1200 on: January 22, 2016, 07:07:40 pm »

Nah, it's fine. I had a tooth pulled and was told to stay home because my entire face went numb and wouldn't come back for a couple hours, so I missed stuff, but now I've caught up, I've got the entire weekend ahead of me, and I've actually made some progress!

Schweet. If you're running close to the time limit I set, just post what you've gotten done at that point. I don't like doing it that way, but I just want some kind of product at this point.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Cowering in Comfort [Players Wanted!]
« Reply #1201 on: January 23, 2016, 10:15:10 pm »

Mini Update: Basically, I've dug out His Gaudiness's new chambers, and set up plans for an irrigation system thing. Otherwise, I'm having a surprisingly calm turn.

I'm waiting to find out the Greater Spawn got in again somehow.

Edit: Larger update!

You see the now-familiar handwriting, slightly slanted and messy, in the same blue-black ink as last time.

Malachite and Galena

Uhg, this is even more difficult than I though. You know that, Winston? Of course...Besides, you are me. Why wouldn’t you know that?!

Anyway, I’m doing it again. We’ve dug out most of His Gaudiness’s POD, which I’ve turned into an acronym meaning “Place Of Desperation.” Because that’s what they are; last-ditch attempts to survive, so that this insane place can live on for a few more years.

But I’m afraid, Winston. They’ve heard me talking to you a few times. They think I’m insane, and I’ve heard talk of locking me out if we use them, because I’m insane. I mean, they can’t have heard of...No. They didn’t. I made sure no one survived that night. There’s no way they heard about the…*you see words here, but they’ve been smeared out and marked through, repeatedly*

So, where was I? Oh yeah. We’ve got His Gaudiness’s POD dug out, and I had them move the farms a little. It was going to be slightly difficult to irrigate the farms through the middle of the dining room, so we moved them off to the side a bit more. I might actually change the design of the original prototype, just to make things a little bit safer, mainly with food. Of course, drowning in plump helmets isn’t good, but it’s better than starving to death.

There’s been two babies born recently; One in Malachite and one in Galena. I hate to think about what they’re going to grow up in. I hope the greater spawn up above us either die soon or decide to wander off. Preferably in the direction of the banshees, but whatever. Just so long as they go away.

There’s been a few attacks recently. A group of Goblins, or at least that’s what we think they are from the screams. A tiny group of Banshees too, but they were shredded. We only knew they were Banshees by the high, painful screams.

There was also an...unfortunate group of peasants that showed up about a week ago. I won’t even start to describe that one. Their screams still echo through these halls, literally. People have been seeing ghosts ever since the screams stopped. I guess that’s just one more thing for the masons and engravers to take care of. And the poor caravan that came right after; I think they might have been humans, but I couldn’t really tell over the sounds of their horse being torn apart.

The dining halls been going nicely. I told them to line one of the walls with statues, except for any doors they found, and so it was done. That should make everyone happier, at least for a little while. Oh, and I ordered the Foundries to make gold furniture for His Gaudiness’s POD. Armok knows we have too much of the stuff as it is; I don’t think anyone will argue with me.

Again, comments? Opinions? Generally, feel free to sit there and pick it apart word for word, or just quickly scan it, either way, feedback. Feedback is good.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 11:10:23 pm by chaotic skies »
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: January 24, 2016, 12:30:34 am »

Soo...

Just saw a dwarven child playing near a lever. Walked into the tile, and-get this-disappeared. Didn't teleport, didn't get stuck in a door or something, no. It fucking disappeared. And then reappeared some ten tiles away, playing with a goat. I knew this fort was wierd, but jeez. Magically disappearing children is above my paygrade, man.

[/confusion]

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: January 24, 2016, 12:31:58 am »

Screenshot?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: January 24, 2016, 12:42:24 am »

Nah, I only just barely caught it, and I had paused the screenshotting program I use. I almost wish I had caught that on video, it was so wierd. And then I could see if I'm just going insane or not.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: January 24, 2016, 12:42:50 am »

Darn IT.
Please tell me you at least marked them somehow.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: January 24, 2016, 01:00:34 am »

Yeah, I did. I think I named them "Houdini" or something, just so I wouldn't forget :P

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: January 24, 2016, 01:45:26 am »

Great update! No immediate flaws in the writing jump out at me, although it'd be really groovy if you gave us some screenshots at some point in the near future.

Soo...

Just saw a dwarven child playing near a lever. Walked into the tile, and-get this-disappeared. Didn't teleport, didn't get stuck in a door or something, no. It fucking disappeared. And then reappeared some ten tiles away, playing with a goat. I knew this fort was wierd, but jeez. Magically disappearing children is above my paygrade, man.

[/confusion]

o_o The sheer amount of paranormal activity swirling around this fort is starting to break reality itself, it seems. It'd be awesome if you could work this into the next writeup.

E: I still might pick apart your update sometime in the near future, since you asked OvO
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 01:49:04 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: January 24, 2016, 01:32:47 pm »

His Gaudiness has lost his left hand? When did that happen?

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: January 24, 2016, 02:10:50 pm »

His Gaudiness has lost his left hand? When did that happen?

A ghost tore it off during my turn as I was desperately trying to stop our fort from becoming a crypt. (For every ghost I memorialized, two more popped up. We were getting migrant waves of 75+ dwarves every season)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: January 24, 2016, 04:53:17 pm »

Great update! No immediate flaws in the writing jump out at me, although it'd be really groovy if you gave us some screenshots at some point in the near future.

Soo...

[/confusion]

o_o The sheer amount of paranormal activity swirling around this fort is starting to break reality itself, it seems. It'd be awesome if you could work this into the next writeup.

E: I still might pick apart your update sometime in the near future, since you asked OvO

I'll to add screenshots, I was just busy is all.

Oh, and please. Pick it to shreads if you want. I wrote it in like 30 minutes; I'm pretty sure it's crap, but at least I can spell. Mostly.

Edit: I won't be achieving much today, it's family do-all-the-things night. I should be able to get something done tomorrow, but most likely just a small, ooc update. Not a big ic update, those normally take a while to write and get pictures for and stuff.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 06:03:02 pm by chaotic skies »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: January 25, 2016, 11:16:36 pm »

S'okay, dude. Just as long as you give us a heads-up. Which you did.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: January 26, 2016, 04:06:43 am »

Soo...

[/confusion]

He must've been building up speed against the wall to achieve a perfect PU-route syncing speed to get to the end tile without pressing the A button.

Still, that's weird af.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: January 26, 2016, 08:57:03 am »

I knew this fort was wierd, but jeez. Magically disappearing children is above my paygrade, man.

Sigged
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: January 27, 2016, 03:10:56 pm »

*mcbump*

How's it going, chaotic?

Additionally, for the sake of keeping at least a semblance of momentum going, I'm going to do something I should have done a long time ago and instate a strict one writeup per week rule, starting today (so you have seven days to post something). Extensions are obviously available if you just do not have enough time, but I won't let people constantly not produce anything since that obviously doesn't work (as much as I'd like people to have as much time as they'd like to work).

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 140