Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 378220 times)

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Cowering in Comfort [Players Wanted!]
« Reply #1215 on: January 27, 2016, 06:27:35 pm »

It's going. Currently trying to deal with school projects (Social studies presentation, science something or other, and I literally have to write a small book for Lang. Arts), but otherwise I'm getting small stuff done here and there, but nothing warranting a write up yet :P
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Cowering in Comfort [Players Wanted!]
« Reply #1216 on: January 30, 2016, 02:23:51 am »

Bump to check in on how chaotic's doing

[protip: it'd really set my mind at ease if you'd provide us with status updates every couple days or so without me needing to prompt you]
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: January 30, 2016, 12:17:55 pm »

Sorry I've not been saying anything, I've been busy with school.

Anyway, there's been a little progress. We've dug out a few more PODs in a more centralized area, and I'm finishing up His Gaudiness' POD, but nothing else of note.

EDIT: So I haven't been able to spend much time on this. School projects are annoying, and life just hates me doing anything :I

Anyway, small stuff happened. Stuff got furniture. Tested a locking mechanism, it works. Might have more time soonish.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 01:20:31 am by chaotic skies »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: February 01, 2016, 02:05:12 pm »

Sweet! It doesn't really matter if the update's uneventful. I'm just happy we're still alive, lol.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: February 02, 2016, 06:22:20 pm »

I have a feeling this won't ever die, although it will have some slower moments. Like now.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: February 03, 2016, 01:40:01 am »

I have a feeling this won't ever die, although it will have some slower moments. Like now.

I dunno, we literally are only alive right now due to a stroke of blind luck. The only reason I managed to wall off the stone shop on my second turn is that no demons wandered by to scare the dwarves off and subsequently murderate them. It can't be too much to expect a disaster of that scale to occur twice, especially considering that we've consistently had a negative population trend since Crashmaster's miraculous turn. Right?

Incidentally, please post a writeup today or tomorrow or else you will be skipped as per the new one-writeup-per-week rule.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: February 04, 2016, 06:23:53 pm »

Updoot some time today, I've got to get to my computer and find the pictures, write, etc. But expect something within the next 4 hours.

EDIT: Working on the update now. I'm going to break this in half, as I'm having problems opening DF and all I have pictures of are the PODs half-complete.

EDIT EDIT: Updoot!

The familiar writing of the Overseer is seen, in the usual blue-black of a Dimple Cup.

Limestone and Sandstone.

It’s working! We’re working on the PODs, and they’re coming along nicely. I had the miners dig out a testing area for the sealing mechanism, and I’m still waiting on news from that, but I’m thinking it will work. We’ve started building the tables, chairs, and beds required for these places, but we keep running out of doors. I need to fix that...Anyway, the dining hall is looking better now. We’ve got statues! Statues everywhere! Alright, so they get in the way occasionally, but hey, it looks amazing now!

I've drawn the designs of the average pods in here, and included the space-filler ones as well.

In other news, the POD for His Gaudiness is coming along nicely. I’ve decided that I want all the furniture for this thing built before we install it, but it’s not going as quickly as I imagined.  I guess golden furniture would be a bit difficult to build, and everyone is busy with finishing the other 6 PODs, but it’s still annoying.

There was a migrant wave recently. We could hear their screams for days, and then they suddenly ceased, and I ordered more slabs to be engraved. This fort keeps claiming more and more dwarves...

There’s not much else to say, really. We’re most of the way through mining out the first 3 PODs, at varying stages of completion with the other 3, I’m waiting for the miners to finish the door test, and there’s been a couple children born recently. Otherwise, it’s been surprisingly peaceful. No Forgotten Beasts, no raids, nothing. I have a bad feeling about the next few months.

Give me a bit, I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with my computer, I'll have the other part up.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 09:43:51 pm by chaotic skies »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: February 04, 2016, 10:40:04 pm »

Updoot! Woot woot!

If that last screencap is the POD for His Gaudiness, then I'm worried it'll end up being too meager for his unreasonably-finicky refined and noble tastes. Admittedly you could just fill it with solid-gold levers or some similar bullshit.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: February 04, 2016, 10:47:45 pm »

UPDOOT WOOT WOOT

----

Hey, that's MY line!

In unrelated news, since I'm here, how did Game!Mr Frog keep his PEA charged, in Spearbreakers?  It came up elsewhere.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: February 04, 2016, 11:19:23 pm »

The last one is not His Gaudiness's. That one's slightly larger, and has enough room for His Gaudiness to have some company. Also, this way he can be a useless, lazy much more productive Nobel :P

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: February 05, 2016, 12:24:22 am »

UPDOOT WOOT WOOT

----

Hey, that's MY line!

In unrelated news, since I'm here, how did Game!Mr Frog keep his PEA charged, in Spearbreakers?  It came up elsewhere.

Gonna respond to this in the SB thread since that's where it belongs, lol

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: February 07, 2016, 02:55:16 pm »

In other news;

Played 6 years into a new fort, "Shootslaughter," while waiting. 150 dwarve's living in holes in two piles of dirt. Mined a 55 z-level volcano mountain almost down to 8 z's from the ground so far leaving the magma pipe for reasons. Freeze-multiplied about 20kilo-urists of water from a source supplied by just a couple murky pools and stored the liquid in a hollowed-out hillock (8-ish frozen months a year luckily). 10 z-levels of an about 100x100urist wooden obsidian-casting form have gone up. I need dig out all the dirt layers in the mold and cast the center section where the real fort's main entrance will be before ever digging below ground level in search of a less labor-intensive water-source for the rest of the casting. Morale is surprisingly high. Also fortress defense mod.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: February 07, 2016, 10:52:33 pm »

In other news;

Played 6 years into a new fort, "Shootslaughter," while waiting. 150 dwarve's living in holes in two piles of dirt. Mined a 55 z-level volcano mountain almost down to 8 z's from the ground so far leaving the magma pipe for reasons. Freeze-multiplied about 20kilo-urists of water from a source supplied by just a couple murky pools and stored the liquid in a hollowed-out hillock (8-ish frozen months a year luckily). 10 z-levels of an about 100x100urist wooden obsidian-casting form have gone up. I need dig out all the dirt layers in the mold and cast the center section where the real fort's main entrance will be before ever digging below ground level in search of a less labor-intensive water-source for the rest of the casting. Morale is surprisingly high. Also fortress defense mod.

I'm genuinely impressed.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: February 08, 2016, 07:27:31 am »

Could i be dorfed as a male hammerdwarf who dosn't want to be here
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: February 08, 2016, 02:20:08 pm »

Could i be dorfed as a male hammerdwarf who dosn't want to be here

Sure.

@chaotic skies, please post a writeup in the next couple days or else you will be skipped.

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 140