Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 377246 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Turnlist Open; Sign Up Now!
« Reply #1245 on: February 13, 2016, 07:45:25 pm »

I recommend magma.
~~~
Or see if you can make a vampire/werebeast army. Or something. Seriously, just do something so ridiculously unexpected that reality will have to concede and let you win this battle.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: February 13, 2016, 08:13:27 pm »

Attempt to duplicate metals. Then, bury them in metal ingots. Job done.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: February 13, 2016, 09:24:41 pm »

Not many of the dwarven tricks are great for dealing with loose flyers. My only thought is to try and re-take the high ground. Build a level at the top of the map then drop it on everything at once.

Contain SPOILERS covered by next couple reports;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit; how do we feel about humans? I can't remember if they've come to Clobbermountains before.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 05:47:08 pm by Crashmaster »

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: February 13, 2016, 09:54:51 pm »

Webspinners are cool. Put it somewhere that it can't escape, then have it shoot web at something. Infinite silk.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: February 13, 2016, 11:38:19 pm »

Humans are filthy sun-gazing heathens who worship the wrong gods IIRC.

Also Crashmaster are you officially taking a third turn??? Because holy crap. MVP.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: February 13, 2016, 11:46:28 pm »

I didn't even know that we could take a second. Not that I think I'm allowing myself to do that again.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: February 14, 2016, 12:15:36 am »

Second/third/fourth turns and beyond are welcome, so long as they're not, like, directly-consecutive.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: February 14, 2016, 12:18:10 am »

A series of consecutive turns is, in my mind, effectively just a really long turn that eventually becomes annoying.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: February 14, 2016, 12:49:57 am »

A series of consecutive turns is, in my mind, effectively just a really long turn that eventually becomes annoying.

Yeah, I'd personally allow it if there literally were no other takers but otherwise I personally would shuffle turns around so that there's no less than 2 different people playing in between any given person's turns. If that made sense.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: February 14, 2016, 12:51:50 am »

Yeah makes sense. Last-ditch effort? Sure. Thing to do under all other circumstances? Nah.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: February 14, 2016, 05:27:44 pm »

Journal of Royal Nephew Mastercrasher Wiltedsmith - mid Autumn;

Uncle Erib came to me about getting some stuff done. He's not been to happy in the caverns here and wants me to covertly re-focus some of our current priorities from; preparing for things to get worse to; expanding our strength with re-taking the fort proper in mind. I'm all in. Really interested in finally seeing the actual fort as well.
The current overseer is constantly busy so it is easy to intercept and alter instructions with my previous experience overseeing this base camp in the caverns.
First off wooden and stone furniture production is halted. We are so far behind on coffins due to honoring even those new arrivals who failed to reach safety underground as civilians. The corpses of our recently lost lie depressingly on the cavern ground next to out booze.

We don't have a need for rock crafts that I can see. Uncle Erib does like his scepters but pointless work is just a waste. On a positive note we have quite a stockpile of iron menacing spikes, about 50 with some copper ones as well.
For some reason the mist generator has been shut off. Once re-started and running I guess the reason is work cancelled due to some dwarves getting swamped while trying to short-cut the edge of the pool. Couple floor grates ends that. The pool level is definitely lower then when I set this thing up. Reminds me that there was a plan to maintain the water level in the pool. Seems though that little progress has been made since due to some issue with the machinery in the old fort. I send DolosusDoleus to break into the old fort again since the lever appears to be in the wrong position.

As I head downwards to check on the adamantium mining progress I pass exploratory mining passages snaking into the darkness in all directions. After an exhausting survey I determine they lead to mined out veins of predominantly gold ore. All are walled off.
Back on the task at hand I next encounter a sprawling complex our current overseer intends as another fall-back position. I find his lack of faith, disturbing. I also find BEDS! We don't have enough beds for everybody and our limited supply of wood has been exhausted on furniture that could have been made from stone. I order the beds removed, earmarked for assigned bedroom expansion. The complex's many twisting passages are surveyed. It has areas for wells with water supply shafts that run up to the old fort's safe water supply. I will at least finish the mechanical workings and linkings to control this.
Finally at the spire dig site I find; no work whatsoever has been done. The area is ringed with memorial slabs to risen ghosts. I don't even.

It could get ugly. I have all the slabs deconstructed for re-location to an empty room. Wow there are a lot of them. Now I'm thinking I should have had them deconstructed in batches.
DolosusDoleus throws the infamous blue lever and starts setting the wall back in place as pressurized water erupts up out of the floor grates once again. Due to some lever confusion and suspected double-linking a few things are ordered to be re-done before putting the water supply to use.
As I familiarize myself with the set of controls for the new airlocks the remnants of some forgotten migrant wave are slaughtered on the surface.
Better check in on Uncle Erib. He does so much for us.

Seriously? Not even one shield for the king?
There's is a rotting corpse in the dining room as well. No idea. Gonna be making coffins for a long time it seems. At least we are starting to see some benefits from the re-started mist generator. With the water supply at the ready some extra taps and a feed to use for maintaining the pool's level are added to the water passage to the spire dig site. Scepter production restarted.

We have been closed off from the caverns in this area for quite some time. At least three Forgotten beasts prowl around just outside the walls constantly. We should probably do something about that.
There is activity on the surface. Several kobold ambushed engage the Greater Spawn suicidally while a thief makes an aborted run up the tunnel in the south. In the east the dwarven trade caravan arrived and scattered to various dooms.
Silver maces are being made for Uncle Erib. Still coffins, yeah. The memorial slabs from the spire dig site have filled the first room and are being set up in a large un-used room just south of the slab production are that already has a couple slabs in it.
Mr. Furg has been found to be resting in his room for quite some time now. It is deemed a hospital to get someone to have a look at him.

It is now Winter.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: February 14, 2016, 06:19:07 pm »

Downloads fort
Everyone he knew is dead
The topside is lost
The grand workshops and bedrooms are silent
The demons are running Armok
Like 8 forgotten beast camping outside my empty tomb
2 soldiers

Welcome home.

pedit:  Oh wait, s his gaudiness still alive o.o  that guy
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: February 14, 2016, 08:07:27 pm »

Maybe His Gaudiness wouldn't be so sad if he stopped mandating shields. Not the best way to forget that he lost fucking shield hand n' shit.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: February 14, 2016, 08:45:38 pm »

Maybe His Gaudiness wouldn't be so sad if he stopped mandating shields. Not the best way to forget that he lost fucking shield hand n' shit.

He's trying to construct a prosthetic arm entirely from shields. He will use this shield-arm to take over the world.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: February 14, 2016, 10:48:07 pm »

Journal of Royal Nephew Mastercrasher Wiltedsmith - Winter; 213

The Overseer manages to find time to be taken by a fey mood and claims a mason's workshop. Promising. His needs include bones. We are cut off from any source of wildlife but have a caged cow corpse, caged cave dragon (not tame) and a caged cat that I was saving for later.
Mr.Furg has been joined in convalescing by Fikod Channeltyphoons with a sore hand. I'll get him a bed. For Mr.Furg we will make a crutch as he still dosen't have one nor a left leg.
The last of the memorial slabs are re-installed without too many ghosts re-appearing at once, the channeling in the spire dig site is completed, main water supply is turned on and the cat is getting butchered for the Overseer's bone needs.
The caged cave dragon is worth more to us then bones. It is set up in a room dug out to access the Forgetten Beast silk farm that we had already sealed off from the old fort. With any luck the cave dragon will slay the heavily wouded Greater Spawn trapped within.

Water is introduced to the spire dig site;

There is a slight oversight. The sheer amount of water prooved difficult to control. Without a hatch cover on the dig site access stair the water backed up partially flooding some areas of the pods and forcing water all the way up to base camp level.

No big deal.

A hole is dug to the FB silk farm without alerting the Greater Spawn there. The cave dragon is released after retreating behind closed door and bridge. Neither move and are left with hope for the long haul.
No progress on Mr.Furg's condition but we did find his leg while working on the Forgotten Beast trap.

A check on the cave dragon and it's dead after one page of fighting. The Greater Spawn is no more injred then before.

Back at base camp after a few armor stands are lost to not paying attention two forgotten beasts are securely captured in the new cells. One is a spider and webs.

It seems the poor cat's bones weren't enough for the Overseer. He still screams for more bones and we will not likely be able to provide them. There are still two more known Forgotten Beasts roaming the caverns in this vicinity.
As appriciable work is finally being done in the spire dig site someone drops their baby in a test hole and it drowns and the Overseer goes stark raving mad. Does that officially make me Overseer or should I wait until he dies?

A miner turns up in bed with a broken arm. His room is also turned into a hospital and this time some sort of dedicated medical personal is sent to see to the invalids.

An axedwarf's ghost rises. It is not memorializable. He relates his arrival from the east and describes his body's location but it is unlikely we will be able to mount an effort to retieve it in any reasonable time. He seems cool though.

It is now Spring
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 140