Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 378232 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Turnlist Open; Sign Up Now!
« Reply #1305 on: March 03, 2016, 06:16:33 am »

TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPE
idunno
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: March 03, 2016, 04:15:10 pm »

"Buddy," is doing fine. Lil' grumpy, stuck inside, needs non-stop rubs. Cleaned up, scabbed over nicely, no sign of infection, plenty of energy - too much energy for indoors.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'll wrap up and get the save posted by the end of the weekend. Fort should be fairly well in control for whatever overseer you can rope into this mess next.

Kadian

• Bay Watcher
  • Dragon (Semi-wild)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: March 03, 2016, 04:17:32 pm »

When is he ready to be slaughtered? Minced Cat-Meat Cookies ftw.

Jokes aside: Cute Cat <3

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: March 03, 2016, 04:23:15 pm »

"Buddy," is doing fine. Lil' grumpy, stuck inside, needs non-stop rubs. Cleaned up, scabbed over nicely, no sign of infection, plenty of energy - too much energy for indoors.

[adorable kitty snip]

I'll wrap up and get the save posted by the end of the weekend. Fort should be fairly well in control for whatever overseer you can rope into this mess next.

Excellent, dude. You the MVP here.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: March 08, 2016, 01:57:10 pm »

Write-up soon. More of the same plus a major gobbo siege killed off 10 greater spawn from the surface, 28 remain in total. Forgot to dwarf anybody.

save: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11834

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: March 08, 2016, 05:56:20 pm »

Write-up soon. More of the same plus a major gobbo siege killed off 10 greater spawn from the surface, 28 remain in total. Forgot to dwarf anybody.

save: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11834

A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: March 11, 2016, 04:26:35 pm »

You okay, Crash?

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: March 11, 2016, 07:42:38 pm »

Tip top. Update is roughly written and screens chosen. I just need to dedicate a chunk of time to mash it together and upload - been too lazy in the evenings and tying up my computer with movies the last few nights - usually my roommate is pased out by 10. I'd like to promise tonight but part of me hopes I won't have time ;)

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: March 12, 2016, 03:33:20 pm »

Journal of Royal Nephew Mastercrasher Wiltedsmith - Spring   2015

Uncle Erib tours his soon to be royal rooms; His bedroom made with the best of our golden furniture. Our best accidental raw adamantium coffin flanked by statues of our best dwarves and Mr.Furg too decorate his mausoleum. His office bear is quite nice but a somewhat sparse expanse of a dining room leaves room for improvement.

Yeah, the dining room is inadequate. He didn't accept the wooded furniture. I'm not surprised really. They must be remade out of stone at least, more scepters too.

Migrants arrive, west airlock is opened for them to offer refuge from a  cloud of mist looming just north of the entrance. After it passes they are ordered back out to gather supplies to prove themselves worthy of entrance.

Uncle Erib still works hard for us despite being let down about his dining room's promised opulence. He's taken on making his own masterpiece furniture for his dining room in between his mining duties and everything else he does so as to not over-stress the workforce with such trivialities. Truly the greatest dwarf.

The migrants are granted early access after a goblin siege arrives on the surface up north. They chase down an unlucky pet poult and a worse-off mutated dwarf left from the last migrant wave. Following them further, they head towards the old fort's main entrance joining the rest of a sizable goblin force that has cut a bloody path up from the south and together lay siege to the greater spawns' stronghold at the old entrance. Vicious battle and sock-beating is begun.

Two squads of gobbos and some trolls break off east after more greater spawn, luring them down from the sky to fight.

Another two squads move down south engaging even more greater spawn. Eventually the goblin forces are forced to retreat wherever they can leaving the remiaing greater spawn battered and 10 of their Armok-damned number killed (28 remain).

One of the children finishes his fey mood producing a bone crossbow from the rationed units of bone removed from our precious potential breeding bait-animal stockpile. It is acceptable.

Smoke in the spire mining site portends the imminent discovery that we are missing a miner. Work will progress regardless.

We are making rock tables and chairs for Uncle Erib's dining room. Stone crafts for scepters as well. We're also still waiting on a weaponsmith to make him a silver mace. Silk cloth is being made but the Forgotten Beast has stopped spewing webs. Someone may have to go and poke it.
Despite the dangers of the continuing collapses the floor in the spire site around the precious spire itself is over half-way removed on this level now. I considered drafting new miners from the new migrants due to expected continued losses.

OOC; The plan in the spire is to channel out the non-spire floor, install an atom-smasher to eliminate excess water then flood the site obsidianizing the layer below around the spire so it can all be channeled out with the entire next level leaving the walls. The process is repeated next level down with the walls closing in each time.
It would be a good idea to start an area to house a bait-animal breeding program now. We have a breeding pair of ducks.
We are still ahead of the game in coffins for now but a few lost migrant waves could eat those up quick.
Re-taking the surface seems much more possible now. I would think finding a way to seal in the remaining greater spawn still inside of the old fort would be a good next project while waiting for the numbers outside to fall to attrition. I'm not even sure how many greater spawn are outside vs. those inside.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: March 12, 2016, 05:00:36 pm »

Why breed animals? What we NEED is to capture as many goblins as we can and release them in a special area under the surface. Let them act as banshee-sponges...

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: March 15, 2016, 01:30:30 am »

Oh man guys, sorry for the inactivity! I was distracted for the last couple of days. Another great turn, Crash! As always, I am in awe.

Unfortunately, we have now officially entered a harrowing stage in a succession fort's life cycle: the last player on the turnlist has stepped down, and none have stepped forward to replace him! Gads!

My plan for the immediate future is to let the thread mellow for the next couple weeks, in the hopes that someone throws their hat in the ring at the last minute. If not, I will begin writing up a proper ending for the fortress myself -- I really don't want to have to do it that way, since it'd be wasting a lot of amazing work done by the last few players (in particular, I really want the old fort to be reclaimed now that it looks more and more possible to do so) and to be honest I was hoping we could claw our way into the HoL through sheer dogged persistence, but if people are losing interest in the fort then it'd be better to give those still with us a proper ending rather than let the fortress fade into nothing.

Since I think we have quite a few lurkers in here, I feel I should emphasise that I don't care if you're a lousy DF player. I don't care if you're a lousy writer. All I care about at this point is getting someone who's willing to give this fortress the brutal death ending it deserves. As long as you're willing to help do that, please by all means sign up for a turn!

In the meantime, we could just shitpost or something to keep the thread afloat. I dunno.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: March 15, 2016, 11:41:02 am »

. All I care about at this point is getting someone who's willing to give this fortress the brutal death ending it deserves.[/b] As long as you're willing to help do that, please by all means sign up for a turn!

''Signs up''.

Im not really available to play ''right now'' as Daredevil is coming out tomorrow. But once this is out of the way, I'll jump in for a turn. I dont have a lot of free time anymore, but I can certainly do a turn by playing a bit here and there. I felt personally interpelled by the above statement.

If someone wants to grab the save and give it a whirl before that, go ahead. Otherwise I'll be stepping up as overseer in about two weeks.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 11:47:07 am by Taupe »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: March 15, 2016, 01:57:09 pm »

. All I care about at this point is getting someone who's willing to give this fortress the brutal death ending it deserves.[/b] As long as you're willing to help do that, please by all means sign up for a turn!

''Signs up''.

Im not really available to play ''right now'' as Daredevil is coming out tomorrow. But once this is out of the way, I'll jump in for a turn. I dont have a lot of free time anymore, but I can certainly do a turn by playing a bit here and there. I felt personally interpelled by the above statement.

Excellent. You're pretty much exactly what this fort needs at this point. Go out there and do what you do best.

Destroy, Taupe. Dwarf, Spawn, it matters not. Destroy them all.

Anyone else who wants a go before Taupe gets his mitts on it is still encouraged to sign up, though! I want to be absolutely sure we'll either get our old fortress back or die trying before the fort finally runs out of steam.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Literally Begging For Players
« Reply #1318 on: March 15, 2016, 03:58:30 pm »

I just looked at the save, there are about 10 or so Greater Spawn in the old fort, somewhere around 18 in the air.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Kadian

• Bay Watcher
  • Dragon (Semi-wild)
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Literally Begging For Players
« Reply #1319 on: March 15, 2016, 06:59:55 pm »

Frog, please. Using Shivas pic isn't apropriate.
If you want to use an indian god for Taupe, use Ashwatthama! He's the good of "The Science of Weapons" as Wiki puts it. Basically, he knows how to f*** things up. He's also bascially unkillable, because he's an avatar of Shiva.

Another gods you could use:
Kalki, the Destroy of all things evil (demons, foulness n stuff!), which is quite fitting if you look at the Spawn. He's an avatar of Vishnu though, not Shiva.
Yama, The God of death. This one of self explanatory i hope :P
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 140