Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 378222 times)

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Literally Begging For Players
« Reply #1395 on: March 31, 2016, 12:15:55 pm »

Spring break is over and I have less free time. Does someone else want to go?

*raises one's scaly paw timidly*

DO IT YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Also, Flame can feel free to sign up again if he gets free time again.

Should I start over from the last save available or wait until Flame uploads one?

Anyway, prepare for a long run filled with batches of uninformative screenshots and meager writeup.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 12:18:27 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: March 31, 2016, 04:09:27 pm »

His Majesty have been asking me for quite a while to update our medical registry, but with all that shit in my hands I could hardly reach for my books... Let's take a look at the current situation. First of all, we're officially up to 54 dwarves, about 30 of which are of age.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Current incidence rate: Alright
Current sanitary level: Satisfactory.
Mr. Furg looks a bit... mauled. Not sure if he was like this on arrival or got into an accident here. Nothing that can't be covered by medical insurance, though.

Yesterday Flame approached me with some weird news... It seems that His Gaudiness's appionting me an Overseer of this mess. Honestly, I have no idea on what to do, I haven't left left my office much since the arrival... Holy moly, I am a mere paramedic, leave me alone, I want to tuck myself in blankets and have a good mug of plump wine with a couple o' nice syrup roasts or something... Why it has to be me, you one-handed bandit-

Now they're sendin' me a ton of paperwork. Come on, what am I, an intendancy general? Here's a list of our current livestock...

And a list of the shit that's outside. Honestly, I hardly even care about those anyway. Scary shit can stay outta my home... I'd like to have that python as a pet, though. Adorable puppy mouth all the way.

Also, that ghost gives me shivers. I cannot even find it on the list... HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO MEMORIALISE IT?!

Some ranger's up to something in his tiny workshop. When I tried to investigate it, he told me to bugger off. How rude.

Well, he might go and shove the bauble up his arse, I don't mind... As a CMD, I do, actually.

Anyway, my dudes... I gotta let people adopt some critter so they can finally dwarf up and deal with the current situation... Am I right? Sure I am, bruh.

Taupe, what the actual heck-

Argh, I think I've unleashed the beast. Now he keeps jumping me asking if he can have "de bore". NO YOU CAN'T HAVE IT LIL TAUPE, IT'S JAILED UP THERE WIT THE SCARY THINGS! Get yer shit together mate, seriously.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 04:15:16 pm by Monitor Lisard »

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: March 31, 2016, 05:05:19 pm »

So much for the sanity level.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: March 31, 2016, 06:14:11 pm »

Prompt updates make me feel fuzzy inside
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: March 31, 2016, 07:06:34 pm »

You know what, I'll take another stab at this. Add me to the turn list again if you please!

Also, could you redorf me? Name: DoleusDolosus, Job Title: Lunatic Cultist.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: April 01, 2016, 04:45:11 am »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: April 01, 2016, 02:23:49 pm »

Holy Moly, tis ranger dude did really make a totally kickass piccolo! Mate, haven't seen such a rad piece in years. Wish we had sum of 'em surfers 'ere.

Shit's real bling.

Aw boy, it's worth... wait... 141 fuckin' grand! Imma go get some
beer... Gotta turn tis shit o'er first.

Man, it also features pictures of some badass bullboy goring a grindcore pleb or something. Extra edgy!

Some dude came o'er to my office and told me he ought to be called Donald Dollars from now on, so I had to update the logs and shit... I don't care mate, call yerself what ye want, it won't save you from getting ripped apart by monsters or anything.

The paperwork mentions him offing some nine goblin hags at Southern Swamps. What the heck does that even mean?

Alright, time for some management. For the sake of sanitation, we're clearing the area of trees and bushes... Also, gotta wear my new sweet turtlneck for this occasion. Boy, now I do look like an actual doctor!

Well done. Now, smoothworks. Some addtional farm plots would come in handy as well. We're good on farmers, right?

What are those children doing in the lever room? Don't you think they might accidentally trigger a total fortress purge? Placing some additional doors here and there, just in case.

His Gaudiness is begging me for a military parade... That'll "boost the morale" he says. Whatever. Our militia's pretty much nonexistent anyway. We have, like, two rusty veterans.

Apparently, we're going through a "military reform". Heh, whatever floats His Majesty's boat, I guess.

Dobby Dorkman is the military commander now. It turned out he know how to bash shit outta things.

Alrighty. Now we have to wait until some poor idlers show up so we can draft them into the militia.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 04:17:47 pm by Monitor Lisard »

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: April 01, 2016, 02:41:07 pm »

Militia, that's positive thinking. Are war ducks a thing? You should make some nestboxes.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: April 01, 2016, 03:14:51 pm »

!!Fun!! fact: of all king Erib's relatives that were present in the fortress, the only one alive is his nephew, Mastercrasher.

By the way, what's our method of getting migrants in safely? I managed to get them into the nothern airlock, but it isn't sealed yet. Anyway, we might get 6 additional dwarves soon.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 03:59:57 pm by Monitor Lisard »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: April 01, 2016, 07:48:22 pm »

Guys, anyone who knows me even casually knows that I am not one to do something like this, and that I never in fact do this, but it's really important to me and I think it's important that I get the word out. I learned from a friend a while back that there are some extremely alarming and disturbing things happening in Japan right now, and while I'd rather not discuss the specifics in this thread due to the nature of the situation, I urge anyone who's interested to go here to learn more. Thank you.

E:
By the way, what's our method of getting migrants in safely? I managed to get them into the nothern airlock, but it isn't sealed yet. Anyway, we might get 6 additional dwarves soon.

I think you seal them in and then open the inner gates (of which there are three?). This post explains how the airlocks are operated.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 07:58:38 pm by Mr Frog »

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: April 02, 2016, 02:18:43 am »

I wish I heard of this earlier.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 01:42:56 pm by Monitor Lisard »

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: April 02, 2016, 02:56:29 pm »

What, again? Ugh, you gotta keep the old man happy. I wonder what is it this time...

More maces. And more shields. And scepters. And shields. And maces. Who the heck needs maces when you got fuckton-meter tall thick-skinned abominations up yer ass... The king's bent on maces. And shields.

At very least, he doesn't look so mad anymore. Guess who's not getting hanged soon? Yep, that's probably me. I am a great Overseer. I am good at... Overseeing. Right.

What a... Nuisance. His name sounds much like Dauntless Duck's... Were they brothers or sumthin'?

Great. Old Erib's about to send him back to Armok. I admit, His Majesty's does a lot of oddjobs here. I guess, that's why he's in charge.

Uhm... Wait, what? Migrants?! Oh shit, what do I do, what do I do?!

From this obsevation post of mine, I can see them pretty clearly... Please, hang on dudes! We're coming!

I don't see any Spawn around, but I can hear them fighting with some scary cave beast. Good, that might give us some time to organise the rescue.

Signalling them to move to the Northern airlock. No idea so far on how it works, I guess I'll have to figure it out...

Assembling the squad together in case shit goes... Well, I don't think they'll be able to hold it off in that case. Just for a couple of minutes, maybe.

Wait, what is that guy doing? I thought everything out there on the top was forbidden from picking up...

Uh-oh.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 03:01:53 pm by Monitor Lisard »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: April 02, 2016, 03:36:03 pm »

Shit.

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 140