Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 372736 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Literally Begging For Players
« Reply #1425 on: April 07, 2016, 05:36:39 pm »

Oh wait, I thought the banshee was getting in and the mutant was a corpse. Stupid red background. Also, if that's the guy left over from my turn, he's unarmored.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: April 08, 2016, 12:42:39 pm »

Oh boy, that's quite a stand-off! I wonder- Did he just chicken?

Come on, stand up and fight, you fish-reeking goon!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah, come on, charge 'em! Tear those witches a new one!

*crunch*

Whoah, that looks... brutal. I kinda feel sorry for them. They knew what they were going for, though.

OH ARMOK NO!

FUCK!

MY EARS!

Their screams are horrible!

While the fisherguy's running around freaking out, more banshees join the fight! Also, screw you, Muthkat. Nobody cares about your bracelets, not even the king. He's more into scepters, you know.

Keep punching! Man, what a sight to see.

Two on the ground, writhing in pain, more to go!... Probably.

Oh shit, they're smarter than that. Now they're collectively bitching at him from the safe distance.

One of them dudes stumbled upon the merchants. Guards bash them swiftly. The invaders are starting to flee... They might not be going too far, though.

We've officially hit a mark of 60 beards!... Once again.

Uh, Limerick, could you... Wear something... please? I kinda feel uncomfortable when somebody comes to my office dressed like that.

Yay! More dwarves!

« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 03:38:27 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: April 08, 2016, 03:13:50 pm »

Well, at least someone's reversing the trend of everyone getting killed.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: April 08, 2016, 03:16:23 pm »

We've come full-circle back to relying on fortuitous mist-mutant defense.

Turn List;

Taupe

[TREND REVERSAL INTENSIFIES]

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: April 08, 2016, 03:35:14 pm »

Turn List;

Taupe

[TREND REVERSAL INTENSIFIES]

How quickly the tide turns
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 03:38:39 pm by Monitor Lisard »

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: April 09, 2016, 01:48:45 pm »

Finally, our soldiers are doing something else than gathering around some profecient dude to stare at him or loitering all day. I hope we'll soon be able to equip them with proper uniform or something.

Look at them go! What grace, what unparalled might!... Eh, looks blundering as heck. I bet they're feeling awkward now.

Found a report on some "master thief" visiting our grounds recently. Really, was anything stolen? No? Then somebody might have made up all this "banshee ninjas" bullshit.

Some guy went all secretive and started hauling shit to one of the mechanics workshop. Alright, I hope he makes something usable, at very least.

He's got a like a ton o'materials over there. I wonder what he's making with two obsidian boulders.

Whoah, that's something neat. We could probably make a nice lever out of it and place it in king's bedroom.

Again, even more minotaur-conducted atrocities. Do they really find it aesthetically beautiful? They probably do. Looks totally badass anyway.

More spawn are said to roam the depth... Who knows. Anyone's willing to find out if it's true or not? Stop spreading panic rumours, really.

It's time to prospect for more metals... Our militia's fully equipped with weapons, but we're short on proper steel armor. Gotta did for more iron ore.

There it is. Hematite, we do need more of it. Keep searching!

Oh, uh... I dunno how this happened. Let's butcher it.

Huh, you want to keep it? Sure, whatever. At least, he's not bent on "polishing his Woody" like some military dudes in training are.

Populace's rising steadily. Good to hear that.

What? Someone's fighting the fisherdude again? Let me check this out... Oh no.

Oh no. OH NO!

Wait, more are coming?

FUCK. ME.

Gah, they're filling up the corridor! Fisherguy's got smashed real fast, they're feasting on his corpse. WHAT DO WE DO NOW?!

I know! We're training... The militia... A lot. Fuck!

Well, that doesn't bother me anyway. It's the second of Granite, 2016, and you know what it means. Yeat, it means that my tour of duty has ended, so I don't have to take care of all that shit any more. Now I'm finding my successor, telling them the good news and getting myself a mug of plump helmet mulled wine. Yeah, sounds good enough.

[OOC: Uploading the save real soon.

Update: Here it is.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11929]
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 02:17:53 pm by Monitor Lisard »

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: April 09, 2016, 08:30:52 pm »

Wait, what? So was the now-expired-mutant-ex-fisherdwarf's hallway open to the fort and the surface this whole time? Or are we worried about constant screams from banshees entrenched out of reach of our never-in-control-anyways spawn army?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: April 09, 2016, 11:29:00 pm »

The banshee's screams should be a non-issue now that we have 60 dwarves. They'll definitely cripple us, but good management should prevent the fortress from stalling completely.

I think Mon said that they (??? it occurs to me that I'm not actually sure of Monitor Lisard's gender) closed the gates and the fisherdwarf was just lingering in an outer tunnel or something. The Spawn might have just been heading into the tunnel to pick him off, Armok willing.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: April 09, 2016, 11:31:14 pm »

The banshee's screams should be a non-issue now that we have 60 dwarves. They'll definitely cripple us, but good management should prevent the fortress from stalling completely.

I think Mon said that they (??? it occurs to me that I'm not actually sure of Monitor Lisard's gender) closed the gates and the fisherdwarf was just lingering in an outer tunnel or something. The Spawn might have just been heading into the tunnel to pick him off, Armok willing.
I'm fairly certain lizards can switch sex to fill in whichever gender demographic is lacking on the forums. I learned this from jurassic park.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: April 10, 2016, 02:59:42 am »

Concerning the tunnel, it was sealed by Flame with a solid stone wall, but the invaders keep lurking inside, far from the reach zone of the Greater Spawn (who do not care even).

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: April 10, 2016, 04:58:46 am »

Wunderbar, two mysteries solved

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: April 12, 2016, 05:02:03 pm »

Sorry I vanished for a bit, dudes -- was really tired for the past couple days. Gonna send Taupe a PM shortly.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: April 12, 2016, 06:40:54 pm »

Sorry I vanished for a bit, dudes -- was really tired for the past couple days. Gonna send Taupe a PM shortly.
Im here. I just don't really have access to my own stuff right now. The only thing worse than fire is bureaucracy.

Not only did my clothes burn, but the team that took our belongings to clean them three weeks ago hasn't started cleaning them. Because they lack the required autorisatiin... to clean blankets...?

One team was to tear down the walls but they bailed because they lacked the proper access from another branch of insurance. When they finally took these walls down, they complained shortly after that the cleanup team did a messy job because they didnt clear they inside of the walls. The cleanup occured weeks ago, and you took the wall down half an hour ago, dimwit, maybe thats why.

This is such a clusterfuck...

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: April 12, 2016, 08:23:38 pm »

Im here. I just don't really have access to my own stuff right now. The only thing worse than fire is bureaucracy.

Not only did my clothes burn, but the team that took our belongings to clean them three weeks ago hasn't started cleaning them. Because they lack the required autorisatiin... to clean blankets...?

One team was to tear down the walls but they bailed because they lacked the proper access from another branch of insurance. When they finally took these walls down, they complained shortly after that the cleanup team did a messy job because they didnt clear they inside of the walls. The cleanup occured weeks ago, and you took the wall down half an hour ago, dimwit, maybe thats why.

This is such a clusterfuck...

Oh, shit, sorry, I had actually forgotten about everything that happened. No idea how. Sorry :(  Should I go ahead and PM Dolosus then?

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: April 13, 2016, 02:24:01 pm »

I can pick up the save in a couple of days. I'm on vacation right now, so I'd rather spend some time with my family.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 140