Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 379076 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Literally Begging For Players
« Reply #1500 on: April 24, 2016, 02:15:33 pm »

Okay, now that the images and stuff are squared away... that is a sexy update, Puzzle. So many screenshots. (*´∀`*)

I love that there was apparently an entire sealed-off subsection of the fortress which had been completely forgotten about. As well as 3/4s of a page on the units list being comprised entirely of forgotten beasts.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: April 24, 2016, 08:39:18 pm »

Also, could you take a look at the dwarfing list and tell me which of them have been done already? I've completely lost track of it for the longest time and I'd really like to fix that.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Puzzlebark

• Bay Watcher
  • IT'S TIME TO STOP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: April 24, 2016, 08:59:07 pm »

Sure thing. So far, I've only dorfed myself.

Also, I just wanted to let you know that using + and - won't work in game for me. The buttons work fine, but not in DF. That'll be a problem if it's not resolved. Does anyone know why this is happening?
Puzzlebark, Basement Dweller cancels Play Dwarf Fortress: Interrupted by real life.

Read (or possibly add to) the story of Beerboiled!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: April 24, 2016, 10:46:59 pm »

Also, I just wanted to let you know that using + and - won't work in game for me. The buttons work fine, but not in DF. That'll be a problem if it's not resolved. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Did you download the SDL version or the Legacy version? Because if you downloaded legacy DF the +/- keys it responds to are the ones next to the number pad on your keyboard.

If you forgot if you downloaded SDL or Legacy, you can tell if you've downloaded Legacy if the dwarves look like this instead of this .

(Sorry for massive image, couldn't find a smaller one with google)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: April 24, 2016, 11:03:51 pm »

Did you download the SDL version or the Legacy version? Because if you downloaded legacy DF the +/- keys it responds to are the ones next to the number pad on your keyboard.

If you forgot if you downloaded SDL or Legacy, you can tell if you've downloaded Legacy if the dwarves look like this instead of this .

(Sorry for massive image, couldn't find a smaller one with google)

He appears to be using the SDL version, if what you're saying is correct.

You can probably work around this by messing with the key bindings, I should think.

Also, are you saying that none of the others on the list have been dwarfed yet, at all, by anyone, *or just that you personally haven't dorfed any of them? I've been really negligent about tending to the list, so it's entirely possible that the same person has been dwarfed multiple times by different people :V
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 11:06:06 pm by Mr Frog »

Puzzlebark

• Bay Watcher
  • IT'S TIME TO STOP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: April 24, 2016, 11:35:47 pm »

Thanks for the help with the keys, you guys. The problem's been fixed.

Quote from: Mr Frog
Also, are you saying that none of the others on the list have been dwarfed yet, at all, by anyone, *or just that you personally haven't dorfed any of them? I've been really negligent about tending to the list, so it's entirely possible that the same person has been dwarfed multiple times by different people :V

I've personally only dorf'd myself as of now. I'll check and see if the others have been dorf'd, and dorf them if that's not the case.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 11:41:03 pm by Puzzlebark »
Puzzlebark, Basement Dweller cancels Play Dwarf Fortress: Interrupted by real life.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: April 24, 2016, 11:42:46 pm »

Thanks for the help with the keys, you guys. The problem's been fixed.

Quote from: Mr Frog

I've personally only dorf'd myself as of now. I'll check and see if the others have been dorf'd, and dorf them if that's not the case.

Groovy. Make sure to tell me when you're done dorfing so that I can finally clear up that damn list.

E: Also, thanks a bunch :V  It occurs to me that the above may have come off as a bit brusque. I really do appreciate it; the dorfing list has been bugging me for ages.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 11:53:08 pm by Mr Frog »

Puzzlebark

• Bay Watcher
  • IT'S TIME TO STOP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: April 24, 2016, 11:58:30 pm »

Doleus was already dorf'd, and I've dorf'd Kadian. You're welcome. :)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: April 25, 2016, 12:01:43 am »

Doleus was already dorf'd, and I've dorf'd Kadian. You're welcome. :)

Puzzlebark

• Bay Watcher
  • IT'S TIME TO STOP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: April 25, 2016, 12:08:18 am »

7th Slate, 216

Remember when I said I was going to make a memorial slab for that axedwarf? Yeah. I forgot about the death count. Anyway, back to business.

I'm going to start work on my tomb, because why not? It will be found by the adamantine stockpile I created, so that the future overseers remember what I've done for them.

I'm also going to set up a hospital. There's some injured dwarves here and there, and from what I can tell, we don't have a functioning hospital. (why?)

This big, empty room looks like a good spot to set one up in. Doesn't look like it was going to be used otherwise.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As of now, I'm just going to assume all the dwarves live in this cavern area. If there's anyone else outside, sucks for them.

12th Slate, 216

We can't have workshops all over the place like we do right now. I've designated some tunnels and rooms to be dug out below the main living area, where we will put workshops from now on.

Shit. We're out of flux stone. Where did the other overseers find it? It's not important right now, I'm sure we have plenty of steel, but we may need more sooner or later.

It's also great that we have only one carpenter and twenty-seven useless fucking children. I should make a plump helmet plantation and start a child labor force. We'll have plenty of growers in the future.

24th Slate, 216

Still waiting for these carpenter's shops to be built. For fuck's sake.

Yay, another visitor. As if we don't already have enough.

Can you guys hurry up? Please? This is really important. To me, at least.

Forget a child labor camp, let's just fucking starve these shits to death.

These are the delinquents responsible for the horrible crime of making me have to unsuspend the construction.

They're both going to be useless for another 8 years anyway, and their best skills are novice level. Might aswell.

I'm not fucking around, either. These shitheads need to be punished for being useless and annoying. I'll forbid them from leaving their bedrooms, and they will die alone.

7th Felsite, 216

The adamantine stockpile is filling up nicely. The dwarves haven't run into any issues.

The work area is coming together nicely as well. Our ONE carpenter is making death beds for the two little criminals and the hospital.

My tomb is now being engraved and smoothed. I'll also get the masons to make statues and other things.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 04:52:29 pm by Puzzlebark »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: April 25, 2016, 12:35:48 am »

We're now somehow stable enough that Overseers are doing ridiculous pointless shit for giggles even though at the same time we're at the mercy of the literal apocalypse and the slightest misstep will end us.

The apparent contradiction here amuses me immensely.

E: I think those adamantine chunks may be able to solve our little demon problem, actually. We might consider training up some soldiers if we haven't already.

E2: Hmmm, actually, I think the adamantine could actually make things much much worse for us if a candy-bedecked soldier gets spawnified by the GS's shrieks. Hm.

E3: actually actually actually actually
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 01:28:13 am by Mr Frog »

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: April 25, 2016, 01:55:06 am »

We're now somehow stable enough that Overseers are doing ridiculous pointless shit for giggles even though at the same time we're at the mercy of the literal apocalypse and the slightest misstep will end us.

The apparent contradiction here amuses me immensely.

E: I think those adamantine chunks may be able to solve our little demon problem, actually. We might consider training up some soldiers if we haven't already.

E2: Hmmm, actually, I think the adamantine could actually make things much much worse for us if a candy-bedecked soldier gets spawnified by the GS's shrieks. Hm.

E3: actually actually actually actually

The safe option would be to not flip that coin and instead use the adamantine for sweet capes

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: April 25, 2016, 02:09:21 pm »

I say we use it for upright spikes and repeating spike some spawn to death. We don't have any artifact furniture available, do we?

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: April 25, 2016, 04:16:00 pm »

I like how, despite isolation from the rest of the world, the ever-present demon horde and the thin veil of sanity holding the place together, murdering all the children is still a viable option.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: April 25, 2016, 05:30:49 pm »

I like how, despite isolation from the rest of the world, the ever-present demon horde and the thin veil of sanity holding the place together, murdering all the children is still a viable option.

I'm sorry, but you appear to have misspelled "minimising food and beverage expenditure". It's okay; it happens to the best of us :)

Also, it just kind of dawned on me that we are into like our 15th/16th year at this point and that the thread itself is nearly a year old. This was just supposed to be a brief diversion to keep me occupied for a couple months until I lost interest; I have literally no idea how this happened.

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 140