Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 378953 times)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Literally Begging For Players
« Reply #1590 on: May 17, 2016, 01:34:00 am »

Im tired. I saw the mountain's silouhette as the dude's trousers pulled down. Dont overthink it.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: May 17, 2016, 04:18:54 am »

Im tired. I saw the mountain's silouhette as the dude's trousers pulled down. Dont overthink it.

Urist McSunpraiser was overjoyed to be uncovered lately.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: May 17, 2016, 07:15:09 am »

I have time, I should be able to start tomorrow.

GOD SAVE THE AMPHIBIAN!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Aldraglienon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: May 18, 2016, 01:06:20 am »

I have the save and am getting pretty good fps (49) for this fort so I should be able to keep a good pace.
Hopefully, I will not kill the fort too quickly.

I would like your guys opinion of my plan to retake the old fort.
Rather then sending all the children en mass into the old fort to try and whittle down the demons.
My idea is to make little L shaped rooms which a bridge and a child will be put in. These will breach into the fortress near where a demon is then when the demon enters to kill the child the bridge will close behind them. The L shape is so that the child won't spot the demon until it rounds the corner. This is so the bridge has time to be closed and while trying to run away from the demon the child won't lead them out of the trap.
I also have a system to decide which children get chosen for this horrible task. 2/3 of the children will be chosen as sacrifices and Nicknamed as such to be used for "projects"
the other 1/3 will be labelled survivors and be immune from being chosen for such tasks at least for my turn. Hopefully, the next overseer will also keep them safe so we might eventually grow up. I plan to try and save the eldest.

Now For my introduction...

My Name is Olon Loloketar resident of Clobbermountains life down here is hard. Most of the old fort is demon infested, but we are surviving down here. In what remain of the fort, I help keep us alive by farming. My day was going pretty well however that didn't last. I heard a commotion in the dining hall and went to see what was going on. When I opened one of the doors, I came upon what must have been most of the fortresses population in the dining hall.
I came in raising my hand and yelled, "What is going on!"
Somebody in the crowd yelled, "Pick him!" and everyone turned to me.
As I stood their bewildered His Gaudiness came out of the crowd and said "Thank you for volunteering.
As my heart sank knowing how dangerous getting volunteered in this fortress is I asked, "Volunteering for what?"
"Overseership" I was so shocked I forgot to scream in terror.
As I stood their trying to comprehend what I was getting into, His Gaudiness added, "Oh and please try to use some of the little brats running around to reclaim the old fort."
Somewhere in the crowd some said, "We haven't decided on that yet!" then the room descended into uproar again.
My day just got worse from their.

If nothing goes wrong I should have an actual update tomorrow.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: May 18, 2016, 01:22:42 am »

I would like your guys opinion of my plan to retake the old fort.
Rather then sending all the children en mass into the old fort to try and whittle down the demons.
My idea is to make little L shaped rooms which a bridge and a child will be put in. These will breach into the fortress near where a demon is then when the demon enters to kill the child the bridge will close behind them. The L shape is so that the child won't spot the demon until it rounds the corner. This is so the bridge has time to be closed and while trying to run away from the demon the child won't lead them out of the trap.
I also have a system to decide which children get chosen for this horrible task. 2/3 of the children will be chosen as sacrifices and Nicknamed as such to be used for "projects"
the other 1/3 will be labelled survivors and be immune from being chosen for such tasks at least for my turn. Hopefully, the next overseer will also keep them safe so we might eventually grow up. I plan to try and save the eldest.

This is a horrible plan both in terms of practicality and morality.

In other words, it's perfect.

E: I have to emphasise: I do not care what the hell you guys deem necessary in order to get rid of the demons. Dump newborns directly into the old fort en masse if you have to. Collapse the entire fort on the fuckers' heads. I want those bastards out.

E2: Okay, maybe not collapse the entire fort, but as long as most of our population will survive and most of the old fort will still be vaguely-intact consider my approval a given.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 01:29:08 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: May 18, 2016, 01:35:05 am »

Now, in all seriousness...

My main concern with this plan is the brief interval between the connection to Old Clobbermountains being opened and the retaining bridge being raised. It'll likely only take a moment for a dwarf to get to the lever and pull it, but as the incident that got us into this mess proved, that one moment is all it takes for things to take a very, very bad turn.

E: Also, restricting the child to the appropriate part of the trap may be a concern. I can't remember if children respect burrow assignments. As much as I respect any effort to put children to productive use, it may be better to use a good old-fashioned fowl on a rope.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 01:36:52 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Aldraglienon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: May 18, 2016, 02:02:51 am »

Truthfully, I am worried about the demons getting in too so I plan to wall the children into the trap instead of using an airlock. Then once the old fort is reclaimed and the demons in the traps i am going to wall off the area in front of the bridges to try and prevent the demons from getting out even if the traps lever is pulled.

I am playing right now and trying to test my idea so if it works I will tell you guys before the update.

edit: My plan didn't work but not for the reasons you might think I will explain in the write up however I have a much more interesting and dangerous plan.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 05:33:43 am by Aldraglienon »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: May 19, 2016, 01:59:45 pm »

Truthfully, I am worried about the demons getting in too so I plan to wall the children into the trap instead of using an airlock. Then once the old fort is reclaimed and the demons in the traps i am going to wall off the area in front of the bridges to try and prevent the demons from getting out even if the traps lever is pulled.

I am playing right now and trying to test my idea so if it works I will tell you guys before the update.

edit: My plan didn't work but not for the reasons you might think I will explain in the write up however I have a much more interesting and dangerous plan.

> More dangerous than digging directly into Old Clobbermountains and praying our dwarves manage to raise a drawbridge before anything nasty comes in

Oh christ. What catastrophe are you planning to unleash on us?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 02:01:29 pm by Mr Frog »

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: May 19, 2016, 02:02:21 pm »

I'll bet you guys 5 dorfbucks that the plan is to somehow get the greater spawn to fight the forgotten beasts.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Aldraglienon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: May 19, 2016, 09:14:18 pm »

I'll bet you guys 5 dorfbucks that the plan is to somehow get the greater spawn to fight the forgotten beasts.
Sorry that isn't the plan, truthfully it might be a better plan then the one I am going to try, but I would like to try my plan first. I will inform you guys of my plan at the end of the write up which should have been up yesterday, but I got distracted and didn't work on it, however barring meteor strike or zombie/alien invasion it should be up in the next few hours!

Aldraglienon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: May 20, 2016, 01:20:46 am »

Granite 7th
It took a whole week to settle into the position.
I pray to Tuman that I shall not cause any disasters, however His Gaudiness has demanded that I try and reclaim the lost part of the fort.
After talk with those with more knowledge then me I have decided to try and separate and trap the demons. Which will also follow his gaudiness's command of getting rid of some of the children.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Slate 1st
Some migrants arrived at the east airlock we tried to tell them to go into it but they went up the mountain instead.
As the screams began a single child dived into the airlock with a GS hot on her heels so we closed the airlock behind her before the demon got in.

Slate 6th
While the commotion was still going on between the dwarves who had become spawn and the demons a spawn ambush arrived from higher up on the mountain.
We could tell this because around the mountain are small viewing holes so we know what is going on outside. I saw a dwarven mutant running back and forth seeming to get enraged and try to go and attack the spawn then once it could see the spawn it would flee in terror.
The battle was gut renching the spawn were tearing small bits and piece of each other off sending them dozen of urists into the air.
After the spawn were dead one of the demons began to chase the mutant all over the mountain
The dark energies which make this place so dangerous were quite active over the week, because their were A lot of seething mist clouds were drifting around

Slate 23rd
While the novelty of watch the spawn chase the mutant was beginning to wear thin another monster apeared in the depths in the cavern above us.

Slate 25th
We noticed the a single dwarf was still surviving out their and opened back up the airlocks just in case he might be able to make it in.

Felsite 2nd
after running from the demons for several days the gem cutter turned into a spawn probably good he didn't make it inside.

Felsite 13th
Of the 24 children sacrifices have been selected. We couldn't bring ourselves to take any of the babies from their mothers so there aren't on the list(there are only 4 anyways).
Ral Athelkab, Age:27?, Sacrifice  Note: recent Immigrant, possible contact with demons, possible danger.
Tobul Konsarzes, Age:1, Sacrifice
Iton Udistmuthkat, Age:1, Sacrifice
Ingish Endokegar, Age:2, Sacrifice
Cerol Dodoknish, Age:2, Sacrifice
Atir Zasitasob, Age: another 2, Sacrifice
Risen Ustirducim, Age: another another 2, Sacrifice
Atis Kollorsith, Age: another another another 2, Sacrifice
Reg Kengzuglar, Age:3, Sacrifice
Vucar Rerraserith, Age:3, Sacrifice
Olon Tholestalath, Age:3, Sacrifice
Bembul Nilesrith, Age:3, Sacrifice
Meng Morullolok, Age:3, Sacrifice
Urdim Larrakust, Age:4, Sacrifice
Erush Tiristmat, Age:4, Sacrifice
Alath Vushkulet, Age:4, Sacrifice
Likot Inodlegon, Age:4, Survivor
Medtob Urdimidor, Age:5, Survivor
Ingish Inethkadol, Age:5, Survivor
Iden Enshalvucar, Age:5, Survivor
Minkot Nishlikot, Age:5, Survivor
Tun Gusilasiz, Age:5, Survivor
Mebzith Isethasob, Age:10, Literal Survivor Note: I checked and yes Meb did survive the disaster it was about 7-8 years ago. and yes his parents are dead.
Olin Ensebushat, Age:10, Literal Survivor Note: also yes and yes as above.

OOC: To later overseers please try and keep Mebzith and Olin alive they only have 6 more years.

Felsite 16th: An elven caravan arrived were going to open the southern airlock but I don't have high hopes.
Felsite 17th: A banshee army arrived my hopes for the caravan just dipped again.
Their are a huge number of banshees outside they seem to swarm over the mountain side like locusts.

Felsite 18th: as the Banshees swarm around I notice the mutant is still out there and the banshees are chasing it. It didn't make it very long.
Strange it's been several days and the spawn don't seem interested in the banshees. They finally noticed on the 23rd and was quite the battle their weren't many spawn but that didn't matter they just shredded the banshees with only one casualty which I could see.

Hematite 4th:
I manage to convince Besmar to open up the trap.

Hematite 17th:
Just as we were putting the sacrifice into the trap a forgotten beast came and attacked the demon we were trying to trap this might mess up our attempt to capture the demon.
Nevermind the Demon won and we finished arming the trap.
Now we wait

Hematite 24th:
While we waited some migrants showed up I don't feel they will make it. 4 actually made it inside.

Hematite 27th:
While getting the migrants inside the demon killed the child and didn't go inside the trap. Well the demon isn't in the trap so we can close the bridge, then reset and try again.

Hematite 28th:
One of the migrants was standing on the bridge when it closed he didn't make it and a diagnoser we hadn't noticed came up to the bridge after it closed we'll try to get him in once we get the others in the airlock inside.
He got inside just fine.

OOC: Sorry about the lack of screenshot of the migrants I was try to concentrate on the trap and forgot to get any. Oh and the reason the demon moved is because I expand the burrow around the corner a bit in hopes the demon would see the child and go after it, it worked but not in the way I intended.

Malachite 15th:Now with all of those distractions out of the way lets try again.

Malachite 22th: While waiting another forgotten beast showed up it is of little importance right now.

Galena 2nd: Come on demon were running out of time.
Limestone 1st: day...45 The damned demon still won't budge I think were going to have to call this plan a bust but if demons are this inattentive... I think I have another plan.

OOC: My plan is quiet simple, send in masons to wall of sections of the old fort from the demons. The problem I can see with this is that the Greater Spawn might notice a group better then a single dwarf. So I think we might be able to send in the sacrificial children to lure the demons away from spots we want to claim. It has a much higher chance of going wrong and killing several dwarves but the rewards will hopefully be worth it. This will be plan B, I thinking we can also put down Dolosus's release the forgotten beasts on them as plan C, if B goes wrong.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: May 20, 2016, 09:34:34 am »

You see, if we were going to sic the FBs on the Greateer Spawn it has to be done carefully. If the FBs get to the surface, we can kiss goodbye any hope we had of reclaiming it.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: May 20, 2016, 10:16:36 am »

There's a very simple solution to not letting the FBs onto the surface: lure the spawn underground and raise a bridge behind them, then wall off any possible surface access (including bridges) in the old fort. Then we unleash the FBs and we're all (hopefully) alright.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: May 20, 2016, 10:59:55 am »

I imagine that to Mebzith and Olin, Clobbermountains is an entirely normal moutainhome without any incidences of note.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: May 20, 2016, 11:48:38 am »

There's a very simple solution to not letting the FBs onto the surface: lure the spawn underground and raise a bridge behind them, then wall off any possible surface access (including bridges) in the old fort. Then we unleash the FBs and we're all (hopefully) alright.
Are roaming FB a negative thing...?
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 140