Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 372745 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- You Must Be This Tall To Live
« Reply #1650 on: May 31, 2016, 03:18:00 pm »

Concerning the fortress itself, things aren't as bad as they seemed.

EDIT: Wait, they are.

*snrk*
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: May 31, 2016, 06:47:14 pm »

Is the water feature still running? It needs occasional attention.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: May 31, 2016, 08:36:37 pm »

That water feature is the only thing keeping this fort from imploding.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: May 31, 2016, 10:44:15 pm »

+1, fix the water feature if it's stopped working. Let the soothing mist carry us through the dark times.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: June 01, 2016, 04:54:06 am »

+1, fix the water feature if it's stopped working. Let the soothing mist carry us through the dark times.

It's been working fine so far, though I had to rewind it during my first turn.

"...Burned farms, dead livestock, destroyed roads, fortresses in ruin, occasional feral spawn or banshee bandit. The country is a total mess. However, the journey would have been less dull if it wasn't for Sheka, who kept demanding us to stop for her to feast on leftover poultry! Seriously, I am not travelling with a werecreature next time. Anyway, we are about to arrive to the new mountainhome, now besieged by a larger army of monsters. I have not the slightest idea on what's happening inside. I wish though the crowned goof hasn't kicked the bucket yet, now that I have a matter to settle with him... Oh Urist, if only you were here! You had a talent for sorting things out.

There it is, our shining fortress on a hill. We see that the Spawn of H. is roaming the surrounding plains and forests freely, with no one to stop them... I wonder if they are too weak or too drunk to do so. Knowing dwarves, it's probably the former. Anyway, I cannot sense any openings in the rocky surface of the mountain, some present entryways are completely blocked off. It seems we have to dig our way in without attracting too much attention.

This girl is a like digging machine. Seemingly frail, Sheka hacks her way throught mud and solid stone like a proper miner. It's either her strength or her hunger that drives her forward to the capital of Torrid Lash. What about me? I dig the same. I gotta find Erib and that woman as well.

We're in there. The spawn weren't really fond of our presence, but they didn't mind us crawling inside. I ordered Sheka to fill up the hole.

We have arrived to our destination. I could say I was surprised by the lack of proper... Administration. And sanitation, so to say. This capital of ours reminds me of those slums around the Older Mountainhome. A mere bunch of overwhelmed peasants that are trying to get though the day... With that ugly smell coming from their unwashed bodies, I wound not even try to feed on one of them, even though that would have been an easy task with all the mad dwarves babbling around.

King Erib is in utter depression. Dressed in his rotten away garb, he sits in his most exellent chambers, on his mighty throne, awaiting for someone to bring him maces and shield he had requested a while ago.

The housing block smells of rot and decline. As a high knight and a former courtier, I took command of the few workers and told them to clean the rooms of grime and filth, and to assign newer migrants to said rooms.

We are still under siege by a horde of spawn, who hunt for various beasts and vermin outside.

The dead stay here, disgruntled by the most improper treatment of their bodies.

Sheka was about to turn when I closed her up inside one of the halls with some chickens to feed on. I hope she does not mind the conditions, though I doubt she'll remeber much afterwards. I don't have time for this anyway. I have to search for... Someone.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 01:32:12 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1655 on: June 01, 2016, 06:11:08 am »

I'm skimming through the madness now. If the turn list is still open (I can't tell), sign me up, and a dorf please. Prefer any red/green civilian who's also in the military.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 06:14:51 am by NCommander »
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: June 01, 2016, 01:32:16 pm »

I'm skimming through the madness now. If the turn list is still open (I can't tell), sign me up, and a dorf please. Prefer any red/green civilian who's also in the military.

Eeyup. Welcome aboard.

E: Also, new thread title.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 01:42:15 pm by Mr Frog »

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1657 on: June 01, 2016, 08:28:43 pm »

Eeyup. Welcome aboard.

So, I wanted to ask permission for this, and since you're here. I've been very nologisic for Deathgate as of late, and I was debating having my Dwarf be an in-game continuation of the dwarf I played then (basically with her soul hopping through the multiverse; not implying DG and Clobbermountains share a universe).
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: June 01, 2016, 09:42:49 pm »

Eeyup. Welcome aboard.

So, I wanted to ask permission for this, and since you're here. I've been very nologisic for Deathgate as of late, and I was debating having my Dwarf be an in-game continuation of the dwarf I played then (basically with her soul hopping through the multiverse; not implying DG and Clobbermountains share a universe).

As long as he still behaves more-or-less like a normal dwarf (i.e. no crazy superpowers), sure. I'm kinda trying to move things away from the whole "super-strict story fort" angle anyways since I feel it just makes people too nervous to contribute. Do what you want as long as it isn't boring or stupid.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 09:45:01 pm by Mr Frog »

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Things Are As Bad As They Seem
« Reply #1659 on: June 01, 2016, 10:16:47 pm »

If you want you could do some weird "The gods brought me here" story or something. Those are always interesting.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1660 on: June 01, 2016, 10:28:33 pm »

If you want you could do some weird "The gods brought me here" story or something. Those are always interesting.

Canonically, my dwarf left Deathgate just before the fall, and went to slay a llama demon that enslaved the land. Some years later, I started an A mode game in the DF world that picked up that plot point, but real life and lack of inspiration prevented me from concluding it: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=150582.0

I think I still have that save, but its on the desktop computer which is in storage which I can't easily access. I could bring it up that Id eventually left that land and went to others, or is body surfing ...

(or I could take an adventurer and bring it to Clobbermountains. Fortress->Adventure mode and via versus works a lot better in 34.11)

EDIT: And inspiration just struck. I need to find an older save so I can run an adventurer
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 10:53:30 pm by NCommander »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: June 01, 2016, 11:54:52 pm »

Canonically, my dwarf left Deathgate just before the fall, and went to slay a llama demon that enslaved the land. Some years later, I started an A mode game in the DF world that picked up that plot point, but real life and lack of inspiration prevented me from concluding it: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=150582.0

I think I still have that save, but its on the desktop computer which is in storage which I can't easily access. I could bring it up that Id eventually left that land and went to others, or is body surfing ...

(or I could take an adventurer and bring it to Clobbermountains. Fortress->Adventure mode and via versus works a lot better in 34.11)

EDIT: And inspiration just struck. I need to find an older save so I can run an adventurer

Please don't mess with the game data if that's what you're alluding to. Otherwise, do what you want.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1662 on: June 02, 2016, 12:12:25 am »

Please don't mess with the game data if that's what you're alluding to. Otherwise, do what you want.

I'm not going to touch the current save or edit it when I take my turn. However, I do want to run an adventurer in the same world on a copy. When I wrote "Return To Deathgate", even though I didn't finish it, Id (my dwarf) had dreams of the locations she was visiting, and relived history there.

My idea is that Id Matalog many years in the future visits (i.e., like hundreds of years in the future) the site of Clobbermountains, and as she explores the ruins, she experiences the history of the fort from the perspective of a dwarf in the past. I dunno if I can actually make it work, but I'm tempted to try. My turn would be broken up into playing normally, and having Id run through the fort as an adventurer in an "After The End" sorta thing.

If she finds something interesting as she explores, like a reference to some bastón of Spawn, after I turn, I might take my adventurer and explore that too until I get bored of it. I may start her fairly fall away from Clobbermountains and explore the world and various sites until my turn begins.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: June 02, 2016, 12:24:54 am »

I'm not going to touch the current save or edit it when I take my turn. However, I do want to run an adventurer in the same world on a copy. When I wrote "Return To Deathgate", even though I didn't finish it, Id (my dwarf) had dreams of the locations she was visiting, and relived history there.

My idea is that Id Matalog many years in the future visits (i.e., like hundreds of years in the future) the site of Clobbermountains, and as she explores the ruins, she experiences the history of the fort from the perspective of a dwarf in the past. I dunno if I can actually make it work, but I'm tempted to try. My turn would be broken up into playing normally, and having Id run through the fort as an adventurer in an "After The End" sorta thing.

If she finds something interesting as she explores, like a reference to some bastón of Spawn, after I turn, I might take my adventurer and explore that too until I get bored of it. I may start her fairly fall away from Clobbermountains and explore the world and various sites until my turn begins.

As long as you can manage it schedule-wise, go ahead. That sounds quite interesting.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1664 on: June 02, 2016, 12:47:54 am »

As long as you can manage it schedule-wise, go ahead. That sounds quite interesting.

I downloaded the previous turn's save. Wow. I'd like to say at first glance, I think you made a fort that makes Deathgate look less doomed. I'm amazed you haven't had a fell or marcade mood given the state of things. The fort is on the edge of a spiral.

(I don't think the situation is unsalvageable. If the Spawn are still lurking come my turn, I have a couple ideas on how to reclaim the surface, but oy.)

EDIT: I'm trying to find the front door lever so I can let the fort fall "naturally" so Id can come back and explore. I'm going to have to forge her a full set of candy equipment at another fort if she wants to survive this though. And possibly turn her into a deity so I can make this fly.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 12:50:12 am by NCommander »
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 140