Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 377788 times)

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Things Are As Bad As They Seem
« Reply #1680 on: June 03, 2016, 03:45:22 am »

So as a note, I got pulled into Doomforests and am working to grind that out as quickly as possible. WOn't be active on my A mode quest until then.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: June 03, 2016, 12:50:55 pm »

So as a note, I got pulled into Doomforests and am working to grind that out as quickly as possible. WOn't be active on my A mode quest until then.

Just don't burn yourself out, dude.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: June 03, 2016, 01:00:14 pm »

Aw man, I was going to request a turn, but it looks like things aren't going too well. Oh well, sign me up anyway!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: June 03, 2016, 01:23:34 pm »

Aw man, I was going to request a turn, but it looks like things aren't going too well. Oh well, sign me up anyway!

Things have been continuously not going well for about 10 turns but we're still here anyways :V

Welcome to the madhouse; I'm sure you'll fit right in.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: June 03, 2016, 01:41:14 pm »

Only ten turns? This place started out going badly. At this point, the only thing we can hope for is to go out with a bang. Or possible a lot of lava. Either way, it won't be pretty.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: June 03, 2016, 02:57:33 pm »

Only ten turns? This place started out going badly. At this point, the only thing we can hope for is to go out with a bang. Or possible a lot of lava. Either way, it won't be pretty.

Oh, it was always unstable, but at some point during the middle of pisskop's second turn we got a massive stream of shit hitting the fan which has proceeded uninterrupted up to this point.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: June 03, 2016, 03:59:07 pm »

This week I had Sheka with me all the time during my trip through the abandoned parts of the fortress. My threats to put her on a shorter leash might have worked since she eagerly sniffed at all the things that lay around in the garbage-filled streets of old Clobbermountains. Anyway, no trace of target has been detected so far. Apparently, we are either being cleverly deceived, or the Archivist left this site quite a while ago, slipping through unnoticed during the crisis.

Anyway, for the sake of credibility, I have to keep on acting as a human vassal of His Pomposity. Yesterday I had to listen to the secretary praising some bracelets made by the captain of guard. Really, dwarves are so busy with themseves... Enough to get away with weird behavior.

Upon accessment, the panic situation had a way out... A short and brutal one. I ordered the thugs to track down the alarmists and have them isolated from the rest of the dwarves. Upon closer inspection, officer Thikut found three of those, all marked by some strange denotion in the paperwork...

No time to waste! I am having a miner dig a tiny bunker for the flappers.

Didn't even need to do anything here: those dwarven youngsters hardly pay attention to the orders, but one of the officers managed to block one right inside his own room.

Finally, someone did inish their production quota! I have no idea how this nation of lazy asses maintains its war machine so effectively... If they'd continued to ignore the orders, I would have really make them pay for it.

At last, got the panic bearers pinned down and locked up! The crazy one was hauled to the bunker, while the depressed one resisted, so the thugs effectively sealed him inside one of the lever chambers. I'd prefer him locked up inside a room with less levers to pull.

One of the engineers claimed a craftsdwarf workshop for himself, pushing aside important business. At these times, though, his newly aquired skills and joyful mood might come in handy.

For that project of his, he brought in a wiithered spawn arm, composed mostly of solid bone. I think the masters of old would have approved of such choise.

In the meanwhile, King Erib has been recovering from his depression, as his needs orders were gradually being completed. I guess, I am meeting him some time this week. He should know of the Archivist's whereabouts.

If Romimi had had compassion and granted me the ability to sleep, I would have chosen this very couch for such purpose. This is a bedding made of pure evil, and it could have made proud the best bonecrafters of the times of queen Urist The Invicta. I might have grabbed it for me to meditate, but now I have to see to it that it is placed in the king's bedroom.

The maker of that bed is now said to be a legend among the craftsdwarves. I doubt though that anybody but the locals know of his masterpiece.

In order to protect the restored balance, I am ordering the veterans back into the militia. We've got plenty of warriors here.

It also seems that the spawn finally got bored and left to rob the few cities that haven't been yet raided by those pathetic monsters.

Before I am leaving this place, I have to prepare the fallback option. Those iron floodgates will be of use for the Golden Door project.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 02:20:02 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: June 03, 2016, 05:34:55 pm »

His Gaudiness' unwillingness to crumble under misery never ceases to amaze me.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: June 03, 2016, 06:12:31 pm »

A bed wrought from evil incarnate. How restful! Can we can get a screenshot of its description?

At last, got the panic bearers pinned down and locked up! The crazy one was hauled to the bunker, while the depressed one resisted, so the thugs effectively sealed him inside one of the lever chambers. I'd prefer him locked up inside a room with less levers to pull.

This will be a hell of a puzzler for the next Overseer.

"Why is the airlock control room locked? And why is there a dead child in there?"

His Gaudiness' unwillingness to crumble under misery never ceases to amaze me.

At this point, he's probably not so much a dwarf as a shambling husk kept alive by an undying lust for vengeance and sparkly crap. I imagine sleeping on what I'm pretty sure is the most maleficent bed in existence will only improve his condition.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 06:14:23 pm by Mr Frog »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: June 03, 2016, 06:37:00 pm »

That bed, man. We have to do something cool with that bed. What does it look like?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: June 03, 2016, 06:41:12 pm »

That bed, man. We have to do something cool with that bed.

Well, we're currently using it to prevent our longest-lived citizen from going insane, because if there's one thing you can count on an artifact made of Spawn bone to do, it's preserving dwarven sanity. Does that count?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: June 03, 2016, 07:36:35 pm »

If we get a vampire we're sealing them away and feeding them sacrifices via that bed.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1692 on: June 03, 2016, 07:41:24 pm »

If we get a vampire we're sealing them away and feeding them sacrifices via that bed.

I was honestly hoping we'd get a fell mood and get a dwarf bone bed instead. It's a pity fell moods are so rare, I've only ever seen one once ...
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: June 03, 2016, 08:39:03 pm »

That fucking bed, yo. it is litterally begging for sacrifices. OR we invade and colonize hell, and create and adamantine bedroom with it in the middle for his ggaudiness.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: June 03, 2016, 10:22:04 pm »

That fucking bed, yo. it is litterally begging for sacrifices. OR we invade and colonize hell, and create and adamantine bedroom with it in the middle for his ggaudiness.

Agreed. Our colonisation of Hell is long overdue. Can't be that much worse than our current lodgings, anyways.

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 140