Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 377507 times)

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Things Are As Bad As They Seem
« Reply #1710 on: June 06, 2016, 03:40:40 pm »

some !!JOURNALS!! I have in the works right now

I understand the madness of this place if we're using burning journals to document it.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: June 06, 2016, 03:46:54 pm »

...Ninjas.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: June 06, 2016, 03:58:36 pm »

some !!JOURNALS!! I have in the works right now

I understand the madness of this place if we're using burning journals to document it.

Such is this place's fell power that any receptacle used to record accounts of it inevitably bursts into flame. I'm surprised the forums are still running.

Spoiler: STORY TIEM (click to show/hide)
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: June 06, 2016, 05:02:56 pm »

It occurs to me, by looking at the updates, that I appear to have two dorfs in the fort. DolosusDoleus, Escaped Mental Patient and DoleusDolosus, Lunatic Cultist.

Not that I'm complaining by the way.

It also occurs to me that if my current headcanon is correct (The holistic spawn are invading His Gaudiness's consciousness), then that segues nicely into what I had planned for my write up before my power brick melted. (I was gonna have my Lunatic Cultist dorf worship the Greater Spawn)

Therefore, I'm going to artificially inflate the Clobbermountains lore a tad if that's okay with you guys.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: June 06, 2016, 05:07:08 pm »

It occurs to me, by looking at the updates, that I appear to have two dorfs in the fort. DolosusDoleus, Escaped Mental Patient and DoleusDolosus, Lunatic Cultist.

Not that I'm complaining by the way.

It also occurs to me that if my current headcanon is correct (The holistic spawn are invading His Gaudiness's consciousness), then that segues nicely into what I had planned for my write up before my power brick melted. (I was gonna have my Lunatic Cultist dorf worship the Greater Spawn)

Therefore, I'm going to artificially inflate the Clobbermountains lore a tad if that's okay with you guys.

I think the one alive is the Lunatic Cultist. He smashed like five banshees diring the battle, by the way.

Yeah, found the screenshot. It's DoleusDolosus.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 05:09:03 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: June 07, 2016, 02:30:59 am »

(probably shouldn't read the following unless you're planning on writing something for this lol)

Also, please do inflate the Clobbermountains lore in whatever manner you wish! This is supposed to be something everyone can contribute to.

E: I was trawling through the thread and found this:

Bonus points if you can make the Sofa of Evil a plot point without shoehorning it in.

Congratulations Fish; it took half a year, but you more-or-less got your wish.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 03:29:43 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: June 08, 2016, 02:51:21 pm »

Doobly boobly doop

How's it hanging my dudes

Aldraglienon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: June 08, 2016, 08:05:26 pm »

In relation to fort stuff, the WIP piece of art, I posted a little while back is going slowly. I think I might be able to get the grey scale finished soon and might show it off before my family goes on vacation in the next few days. Then I just need to do the part I am worst at...
coloring.

Otherwise, most days lately have been unbearably hot, been pretty peaceful on my end otherwise.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: June 08, 2016, 08:29:55 pm »

In relation to fort stuff, the WIP piece of art, I posted a little while back is going slowly. I think I might be able to get the grey scale finished soon and might show it off before my family goes on vacation in the next few days. Then I just need to do the part I am worst at...
coloring.

Otherwise, most days lately have been unbearably hot, been pretty peaceful on my end otherwise.

It's been pretty nasty weather-wise on my end as well. Finally got a short drizzle of rain earlier, though, so things should be a bit better tonight.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: June 08, 2016, 11:19:28 pm »

Just take the weather from here
please
it rains too much for us poor melbournians

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1720 on: June 09, 2016, 09:05:57 pm »

Australia has actual weather? I thought you guys lived in a terrifying scorching desert biome.

And FPS death would explain your internet speeds.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: June 09, 2016, 09:10:34 pm »

...GWAHAHA wow I forgot I said that!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: June 09, 2016, 09:17:57 pm »

Nah, Australia isn't terrifying, it's just savage. That's why everything wants to kill you, but nothing comes back to life.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: June 10, 2016, 10:32:49 am »

And I'm back! Sorry for the delays guys, have been quite busy recently with all the exams. Also, I apologise for the picture below.

Australia has actual weather? I thought you guys lived in a terrifying scorching desert biome.

And FPS death would explain your internet speeds.

Nah, Australia isn't terrifying, it's just savage. That's why everything wants to kill you, but nothing comes back to life.

Anyway, time for an update!

Adressing the mop-up problem, I had Sheka pull all the approprite bridge levers so that the panic-stricken banshees could flee at will. Their detachment, lead by an unknown officer, must have confused the tunnels, for even after the doors had been opened for them, they continued their assault towards the Cavern. The leftover banshees have sealed their fate.

One of the sworddwarves, armed as poorly as his fellow servicedwarves, was nevertheless able to hold off the panic-stricken ogres. Unable to pierce their thick hides with his meager copper blade, the dwarf kept jumping onto them, constantly getting swept back by their cudgel-like arms.

The battle isn't over. The rest of his squad arrived shortly, tumbling through the bloodstained corridor. They mak short work of the ogres and the rest.

A small victory has been won today for the Torrid Lash. Apparently, it's the first time in half a century I am fulfilling my duties...

As I have mentioned before, one of the craftsdwarves had been busy squirreling material for some project of his. The mad dwarf is stuck in the new workshop, babbling something about bones and glass.

Which reminds me of the arrangements I ought to have made a good while ago. We had to butcher all the fortress cats because... Should I even give an actual reason?

Chief Medical Dwarf has brought in a report concerning the wounded (which we have plenty of). Among them he listed the clumsy miner, who got some of his bones broken.

Riots! Not on my watch. Sending the guards in immediately so they can teach those peons a lesson.

At last, the strange dwarf has proceeded with the construction. Loud hammering can be heard coming from the industrial area, as the posessed dwarf creates... something.

Obsidian, forgotten beast silk, spawn bone, gold bars, some gemstones... Cat bone? What is he making with all of that?

Sheka tells me about some kind of disturbance... I shall take a look.

The Cavern central. A ragged peasant sits right in it's center growling at few spectators. The commoners surround me. Two thugs grab me by the arms, so I smash one of the unruly mobsters onto the ground.

The other moment, the soldiers come in to save the day, led by His Guadiness' chef.

Pushing the bums aside, they approach the berserk.

The cook, a large dwarf dressed in a long white robe, begins with crushing the wrongdoer's bones with his maul, like if he was tenderising cat meat for the royal meal.

Just the way he treated the ogres - in the very same fashion, he smashed the mad dwarf's body part into mush first, finishing him off with a swift blow afterwards.

It seems that the western corridor has bcome largely unusable due to the underground trees and shrubbery that had effectively taken over it. I am ordering a lumberjack to clear in out.

The migrants! Very well. Also, a dwarf by the name Taupe has been growing hard-bitten with his pleas... He's talking about some domestic animal left outside long ago. I presume it either fled or has been dead for years.

The item the craftsdwarf has been working on was presented to His Gaudiness and the local "nobility" recently.

An exessively ornate ring made of solid obsidian, studded with gold, spawn and cat bone, and some strange silk ribbons. It was immediately claimed by sinister-looking Erib (thought no one really disputed his rights to wear it).

It seems that colonel's urges has overwhelmed his mind completely. He dashed outside, searching for his beloved boar. I told Sheka to witness the upcoming event from a safer place.

Just as the militia commander approached the cage where his pet must have been stuck the whole time, an ugly shadow fell upon him.

He had nowhere to run. And even if he could run somewhere, nothing would have saved him from the Call.

The more you exist in this world, the more of Romimi's wonders are shown to you. After all the years of experience, there is nothing left here that would astonish you in any way. But the newcomers - they do sometimes react in a most sincere, genuine way. And that's how Sheka reacted to something I have seen hundred of times.

"Sire", she said, describing the following events, "The dwarf... Has exploded into a pile of gore! With hunks of meat hanging from his skeleton! But then the skeleton transformed! And grew some huge ugly claws! And it also grew it's skin back! And left a pool of goo back there!"

Sure it did, sweetheart.

Back to the business. The industrial area's almost finished. His Gaudiness insists on frequent use of child labour. He calls it "An effectve way to manage dwarven resources". Whatever. The ruler of this place does as he pleases.

On the other hand, this dwarf hasn't told me much about the Archivist's whereabouts. I suppose that before leaving I might as well tap into the Federal Reserve. Who knows, some strands might be useful... Though I'll have to come up with a method of transportation, because, both Sheka and I are somewhat... unfavourable of that very metal.

OOC note: Even after his turning, Taupe remained the commander of our militia. How fascinating. Also, he's listed as berserk.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Aldraglienon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: June 10, 2016, 11:57:45 am »

So...
In summery the situation is SNAFU but still doing better then we have in the past.
Keep up the good work!
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 140