Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 379337 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Things Are As Bad As They Seem
« Reply #1860 on: July 04, 2016, 11:47:25 pm »

Dunno, if you maxed your luck stat then that round is bound to misfire.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: July 05, 2016, 01:07:18 am »

Also @The Master: In all seriousness, what's the likelihood of the fortress being destroyed by the end of your turn? Considering signing up for a turn but if it's not gonna survive the next three... '^^

Well, considering that there is now apparently a direct line between the demons and our dwarves, aka a situation we've been carefully avoiding for about 10 in-game years :V :V :V

Want me to throw you onto the turn list anyways, if only for decorative purposes?

Yeah sure

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: July 06, 2016, 03:00:55 pm »

Let me put this into an example you can all understand. I want you to play a game of Russian roulette, but with a twist. Instead of putting one bullet into the revolver, put all six. Now put the gun into your mouth, pointed upward, and pull the trigger. What are the odds of survival?
The same as the chances of survival during the master's turn in clobbermountains.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: July 07, 2016, 01:17:16 am »

Snrk.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: July 07, 2016, 09:26:32 am »

With Frog's deadline rapidly approaching and my life getting out of the way just enough, I'm excited to announce that my one and only update(because the fortress is fucked lmao) is coming TODAY. I can't promise on a time, but it will, beyond a shadow of a doubt, be up before midnight EST TODAY.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: July 07, 2016, 09:03:44 pm »

The sun has set on the once-called fortress known as Clobbermountains. The fires have begun to quell. Long ago, the fort was bustling with life and its economy unmatched. Some called it the crown jewel of the kingdom. That all changed when The Great Destroyer came to power.

The details on how The Great Destroyer rose to highest position of power in a single night have been lost to history, but it is possible to speculate. Some say that it was through a simple thing known as a succession list. According to that theory, an overseer was simply elected in order of when an applicant applied. However, there are a few problem with this theory. One of them is that such a thing would be simply insane. Why would such a prosperous fortress have a system in which a single madman could end everything? Speaking of which, that is exactly what we do know happened.

On the day of the "election", The Great Destroyer was said to have made three immediate decrees. One, "Make a magma pool from the volcano powering the forges." Two, "dig random tunnels into the fortress was entirely hollow." And three, "Open the doors." With those three orders, the fate of the fortress was sealed.

You might be asking yourself, "Why didn't the dwarves revolt against such insane demands?" The answer to that question has, unfortunately again, been lost to time. The assumption of the writer of this historical article is that they simply did not know. How this is possible, I do not even understand.

Moving on, the invaders came and had their way with the place. They ransacked everything and then slaughtered the remaining inhabitants. I say remaining, because a large portion of the population melted. Some speculate this was due to magma filling up nearly the entire livable section of the fortress that hadn't already been slaughtered sometime earlier by the invaders in their previous attempt.

As a conclusion to this vaguely interesting piece of history, before we move on to much more fascinating places like Murderbunnies and Fuckingshithole, I would like to share with you a note found deep in the fortress. So deep, that it was found etched into a wall made of cyan-colored metal.

"My name is Ronald Dillinger and for 12 years I've lived here. Now, I escape."

Your fortress has crumbled to its end.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 09:06:27 pm by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: July 07, 2016, 10:00:45 pm »

So.... Are we getting an actual update with some details, or....?

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: July 07, 2016, 11:08:19 pm »

So.... Are we getting an actual update with some details, or....?
That WAS my update lol. I thought I'd try and convey it all in the past tense from a different perspective. I'll post the save first thing tomorrow morning!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: July 07, 2016, 11:09:44 pm »

Ehm... No offense, but it honestly seems a little... Phoned in.

Like, all that build up and all we get is that? Honestly pretty disappointing, at least in my opinion.  :-\

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: July 07, 2016, 11:12:49 pm »

Like, all that build up and all we get is that? Honestly pretty disappointing, at least in my opinion.  :-\
Sorry! I think it's very clear that I was building up to something so much better, but I just ran out of time. Looks like I ended up violating the rule about building up things with weak resolutions. Life gets in the way at the worst times. In this case specifically, it was all work related. My boss just needed my help with EVERYTHING the past week. Even with taking screenshots.

I hope you guys aren't mad!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: July 07, 2016, 11:16:48 pm »

Heel, boy. In all fairness, he did have a very limited time frame to work in, considering that he seemed to have been extremely busy for a very long time and was lucky to get even this up.

That said, I am kind of at a loss regarding what to do right at the moment. That was a very entertaining update for what it was, but at the same time, I'm not sure if this is the kind of note I want something that I've been part of for over a year now to go out on. Gonna sleep on it then figure out what to do.

@Master:

Not mad. At all. Bit disappointed with how things turned out, but it wasn't really your fault. Part of it's on me; I probably should have pushed you back a slot since you were having a rough time at the moment, but DAT HYPE blinded me.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: July 07, 2016, 11:19:44 pm »

@ Mr Frog: Like I said, it was just disappointing in my opinion. For all I know you guys think it's perfectly fine, fucking horrible, or don't give a hiddly diddly shit.  :P

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: July 07, 2016, 11:27:19 pm »

I'd be okay with you reverting the save if you went with that. I did my best to fuck things up in the fort, and I think you'll see just how much effort I put into that once you see the save, but I just had no time for the writeup.

Also Splint, this work stuff won't affect my performance in your fort. It just unfortunately abruptly got in the way for the past 7 days. I want to make it very clear that I hate leaving things off with a bad resolution, but as I stated, there just wasn't time this week.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: July 07, 2016, 11:38:00 pm »

Pfft. It's fine.

Just don't build up so much dang hype next time your job decides to rear its shiny head.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: July 07, 2016, 11:49:04 pm »

I don't think that this is in the hall of legends. But it should be.
Welcome to the nomination thingummy!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 140