Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 379178 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Things Are As Bad As They Seem
« Reply #1965 on: July 21, 2016, 08:12:33 pm »

http://yosefk.com/c++fqa/index.html - sidenote, my GOTO reference on why C++ is a pile of dogshit.

This is the other reason why I don't really like talking programming lol. There's this weird sort of politics surrounding the various coding languages that I have absolutely no patience or stomach for.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: July 21, 2016, 08:18:23 pm »

http://yosefk.com/c++fqa/index.html - sidenote, my GOTO reference on why C++ is a pile of dogshit.

This is the other reason why I don't really like talking programming lol. There's this weird sort of politics surrounding the various coding languages that I have absolutely no patience or stomach for.

I honestly cannot fathom how politics have wormed their way into what order things turn on and off in a computer, but then again I have seen some Grade A Quality Discourse(TM) in my time so I shouldn't be surprised.

On fortress matters: Minor crash, lost a little over a month, nbd. Someone who died may live, someone who lives may now die faster

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1967 on: July 21, 2016, 08:32:37 pm »

I honestly cannot fathom how politics have wormed their way into what order things turn on and off in a computer, but then again I have seen some Grade A Quality Discourse(TM) in my time so I shouldn't be surprised.

On fortress matters: Minor crash, lost a little over a month, nbd. Someone who died may live, someone who lives may now die faster

I have to wonder how much pain and suffering Discourse has brought into the world. SMF (which powers Bay12) may be old fashion, but damned if it doesn't work well.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: July 21, 2016, 10:13:32 pm »

People get defensive over things they have invested time and energy into. Pretty simple.

I have to wonder how much pain and suffering Discourse has brought into the world. SMF (which powers Bay12) may be old fashion, but damned if it doesn't work well.

I think you're thinking of Discord, the popular Skype substitute, as opposed to The Discoursetm, a cultural phenomenon largely found on social networking websites consisting of generally-well-intentioned young people (typically 15-25) forming overly-simplistic (and occasionally rather-hateful) opinions based on dubious sources and proceeding to declare total war on anyone who disagrees, often over ridiculously-trivial topics such as who's allowed to be in specific cartoon fandoms*, aka the New and Improvedtm Cancer of the Internet.

* Not joking. Not even exaggerating.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 10:16:01 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: July 22, 2016, 04:57:20 pm »

I think you're thinking of Discord, the popular Skype substitute, as opposed to The Discoursetm, a cultural phenomenon largely found on social networking websites consisting of generally-well-intentioned young people (typically 15-25) forming overly-simplistic (and occasionally rather-hateful) opinions based on dubious sources and proceeding to declare total war on anyone who disagrees, often over ridiculously-trivial topics such as who's allowed to be in specific cartoon fandoms*, aka the New and Improvedtm Cancer of the Internet.

Did someone say flamewars?
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: July 22, 2016, 07:03:30 pm »

Did someone say flamewars?

Flamewars hold not a candle to the website-consuming terror that is The Discourse.

Although technically speaking flamewars can and usually are part of The Discourse.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: July 23, 2016, 07:44:05 am »

Ok, it's gotten to the point where the fortress is crashing every fifteen minutes. I can't finish my turn /cries

Not even enough for an update came out. All I did was hermetically seal the fortress and start digging out an Exalted Necropolis to house our honoured dead.

I'm sorry to have let you all down  :'(

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: July 23, 2016, 12:27:48 pm »

Ok, it's gotten to the point where the fortress is crashing every fifteen minutes. I can't finish my turn /cries

Not even enough for an update came out. All I did was hermetically seal the fortress and start digging out an Exalted Necropolis to house our honoured dead.

I'm sorry to have let you all down  :'(

The only conclusion I can draw from this is that His Gaudiness was the ethereal thread that held this shambling mess of a fort together and now that he's gone the place is literally collapsing under its own weight like a black hole.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: July 23, 2016, 12:32:28 pm »

"Dark, darker, yet darker. This place is falling apart at the seems, tearing itself down. Survival rating, negative. This next turn seems...interesting. What do you guys think?"

I don't think we'll have another turn, I just wanted to post that. I've had that in a note for a few days now :P
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: July 23, 2016, 01:01:18 pm »

"Dark, darker, yet darker. This place is falling apart at the seems, tearing itself down. Survival rating, negative. This next turn seems...interesting. What do you guys think?"

I don't think we'll have another turn, I just wanted to post that. I've had that in a note for a few days now :P

I'd rather have at least one more person try to get it up and running before I declare the fort to be kill. Admittedly I'm not sure why I expect someone else to be able to run this when Lolf's beastputer couldn't even make it through a season but I don't want to throw in the towel prematurely.

E: Also gonna pop that in the quotes bank because I'm Undertale trash

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: July 23, 2016, 01:54:14 pm »

Eh. Guess what?

...The turn list is fat tho. Anyway, if you having trouble with it, I am always there because I simply enjoy forcing my rule upon succession games thus ruining them for others while becoming a mighty dictator and a general pain in the butte obviously have nothing batter to do
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 02:21:22 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: July 23, 2016, 05:31:16 pm »

Eh. Guess what?

...The turn list is fat tho. Anyway, if you having trouble with it, I am always there because I simply enjoy forcing my rule upon succession games thus ruining them for others while becoming a mighty dictator and a general pain in the butte obviously have nothing batter to do

TheFlame's still busy and I'm not going to have NCommander take two turns in a row, so go ahead.

That said I almost just want to leave Clobbermountains to its crashy fate because I just had the BEST FUCKING IDEA for the next fort

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1977 on: July 23, 2016, 08:39:12 pm »

TheFlame's still busy and I'm not going to have NCommander take two turns in a row, so go ahead.

That said I almost just want to leave Clobbermountains to its crashy fate because I just had the BEST FUCKING IDEA for the next fort

Feel free to keep pushing me down to let new players experience the madness.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: July 23, 2016, 09:19:54 pm »

I'm done with Breadbowl but also burned out on succession forts, so still skip me.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 140