Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 377536 times)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Things Are As Bad As They Seem
« Reply #1981 on: July 24, 2016, 08:39:25 am »

You know what? Fine. I'll take the save. I'LL TURN THIS FORT AROUND SO HARD YOU'LL GET WHIPLASH!

Just don't expect a lot of updates.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: July 24, 2016, 09:47:33 am »

You know what? Fine. I'll take the save. I'LL TURN THIS FORT AROUND SO HARD YOU'LL GET WHIPLASH!

Just don't expect a lot of updates.

Well, I already handed the save off to Monitor Lisard if we wanna get real technical here

But since he hasn't gotten back to us, sure, go ahead.

E: Although honestly if you don't have the energy for it please don't push yourself, the last thing we need is a turn that ends up going nowhere because the player ran out of steam halfway through.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1983 on: July 24, 2016, 10:14:37 am »

Well, I already handed the save off to Monitor Lisard if we wanna get real technical here

But since he hasn't gotten back to us, sure, go ahead.

E: Although honestly if you don't have the energy for it please don't push yourself, the last thing we need is a turn that ends up going nowhere because the player ran out of steam halfway through.

I for one recommend we throw dwarfs on the coals to stoke the fires of life! It's one thing we're not short on here in Clobbermountains.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: July 24, 2016, 11:05:38 am »

I'll wait and see whether Monitor Lizard responds. If he doesn't in a few days I'll start playing. I'll be a bit more rested by then.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: July 24, 2016, 12:48:04 pm »

"Dark, darker, yet darker. This place is falling apart at the seems, tearing itself down. Survival rating, negative. This next turn seems...interesting. What do you guys think?"

I don't think we'll have another turn, I just wanted to post that. I've had that in a note for a few days now :P

I'd rather have at least one more person try to get it up and running before I declare the fort to be kill. Admittedly I'm not sure why I expect someone else to be able to run this when Lolf's beastputer couldn't even make it through a season but I don't want to throw in the towel prematurely.

E: Also gonna pop that in the quotes bank because I'm Undertale trash

Perhaps the number of nightmarish horrors consumed it. A lesser machine may pass by their unnatural gaze long enough to give us hope. Or socks. This is Dwarf Fortress afterall.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: July 24, 2016, 01:54:24 pm »

I'm just so sad that His Gaudiness  died. I think that he's the best DF succession fort character since the old dread reign of HD herself.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: July 24, 2016, 02:06:24 pm »

Sorry for the wait dudes. I've just wrote a huge wall of text and lost it due to a browser glistch. Felt so sad.

Anyway, posting the update soon.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 02:34:03 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: July 24, 2016, 03:24:54 pm »

I'm just so sad that His Gaudiness  died. I think that he's the best DF succession fort character since the old dread reign of HD herself.

BRB gonna print this out and frame it
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: July 24, 2016, 05:00:10 pm »

I am really sorry. It's 1am and my internet is just plain bad. I have a finished update with a proper intro and a ton of pictures, but I can't post it now due to issues. Tomorrow please.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 05:02:54 pm by Monitor Lisard »

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: July 24, 2016, 05:16:08 pm »

its ok man

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: July 25, 2016, 08:39:26 am »

Once again in a while, I have been appointed a Lord-Protector of Clobbermountains. This time, by the order of Unib, who wished to "assume control of the situation" back in the Mountainhome. Hah! As if a bunch of ragged madmen could hurt their cause. They played me. I have to come with a plan... To strike back!

But first, I have to deal with all the crap.

This time, we did not have to dig our way in. The airlocks we working just hime, which made me think Clobbermountains did rather well. I was wrong. The mountainhome greeted me with a flow of miasma and rotten blood. Corpses piled up everywhere. The citizens were few, even the skulkers.

Some dwarves keep running around carrying munitions. I asked what they were doing. It seems that the previous Overseer wanted to eradicate the leftover Spawn inside the fortress by the means of siege machinery. The commander himself is said to be busy working on some craft of his... Hilarious.

Multiple emplacements can be seen everywhere.

The janitors aren't doing their work. Somebody has do something with this mess.

Armok be praised, isn't that- Uh, it's Erib's corpse. Just laying out there... Outrageous!

As i approached the commander's workshop, he darted towards me, shoving a huge ornate grate in my hands.

he was babbling something incoherently about spawn bones. It seems some actions have to be taken first.

The siege engine scheme created by this madman of a dwarf takes up too much of the fortress's current resourses. By my decree, all works related to that plan are to be suspended. Then, we have to make use of all those sharp metal sticks laying around.

After that, I am discharging the militia commander from his current positions, opting for a squad of crossbow-armed citizen guard instead.

Worrysomely, we're out of coffins to spare.

Some freshly-engraved slabs were set near the production area for some reason.

I'm proud to announce that His Gaudiness has finally found his resting place. His tomb had been defiled by some unstable dwarf. Disgusting.

Some bums claim they've seen queen's mummified body laying behing a group of Spawn through some hole in the wall. I doubt so, I haven't seen anything there.

Sheka told me she felt really nauseated today with all the odors around. No wonder.

A large group of settlers has been spotted ascending mt. Clobber. Huh, something must have happened recently... A most brutal spawn onslaught, probably.

Just as I was going to hit the observation room, some pleb approached me begging for trinkets angrily. I have no time for this nonsense, so get lost!

A host of spawn spots the newcomers as well. Hungry for fresh meat, they assault the caravan right away.

Where did those new packs come from? I don't remember any reports... Huh, it seems that the recent office fire has destroyed most of the local documents, including the combat logs and enemy surveillance papers. How... Inconvenient.

We still can salvage the situation... Around thirty dwarves are there outside. While the spawn are busy dealing with the pack animals, we're gonna open the doors to let the survivors in.

More abomination join the fight as the migrant run around, startling other hosts.

The carts keep coming... Nice day for the ambushers.

Move it, you fools!

We are preparing our own ambush in case someone univited tries to enter.

As the migrants are proseedin further into the fortress, the spawn are pretty much done killing everything ouside and make a move for the entrance... They are met with bolts. Before the outer bridge is raised, one of the monsters slipt in through, darting at the soldiers. They put up a good fight against the invader.

It seems that only eleven migrants were able to make it to the fortress. Unfortunately, the battle isn't over, for some of the snipers seem to have been either mildly scratched or bitten by the spawn... They seem fine now, but what will come next?

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1992 on: July 25, 2016, 09:19:53 am »

Woohoo, I'm considered a madman. A madman with a grate!

Great update.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: July 25, 2016, 10:57:11 pm »

This place (and the associated players) continues to amaze me.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: July 26, 2016, 02:56:00 am »

My question at this point is where the hell are all of these holistic bone artifacts coming from? Severed spawn arms do in fact turn into craftable bones but we've kinda been making it a point to avoid having to engage with them for the past 10 in-game years. Wait I just realised, we've reclaimed a bit of the old fort, yeah? There are corpses of turned dwarves literally everywhere. It's not impossible we've been making artifacts from the mutated bones of our former citizens.

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 140