Set up a contraband workshop for money
- 2 (15.4%)
Increase scouting coverage with zeppelins
- 6 (46.2%)
Raid a mansion
- 5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35

Author Topic: X-PirateZ, Gal get punched in the face  (Read 152966 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: X-piratez, merry Christmas *BOOM*
« Reply #285 on: September 11, 2015, 06:02:18 pm »

Now I definitely want a "Fuck Sectopods" nuke, for emergencies. Or fireworks on somebody's birthday. Either/or.

Drink to the fallen!
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

IvanDogovich

• Escaped Lunatic
  • XCOM Fan
    • View Profile
    • Ivan's YouTube
« Reply #286 on: September 11, 2015, 06:28:58 pm »

Back from Holiday with an awesome set of updates to catch up on!! :)

Woah... Wako Base Defense, then a Pogrom Nightmare!!  Wut!!! Hell Hole Conquered!!! Nooo!!!! :0
Wow!! Nice work on taking out the Enemy Hideouts!!
Amegerd!! Tragedy at a StarGod Pogrom. :(

Still, What a great and epic tale with setbacks and tragedy, mixed with drama and heroics!  Great LP!!  Keep up the good work!

Cheers, Ivan :D

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 11, 2015, 06:42:56 pm »

RIP

Thanks Kaos!
To honour this sad day, I will name my trusty gun "Goodslaya". What? Spelling? Sorry, I can't hear you over the slayiness of my rifle.

With the number of times you have saved my life, Rince Wind, it was the least I could do.  For now, let us down a few barrels of grog to honour our fallen, then polish our weapons for the 'revenge engagement' which is certain to be soon.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 12, 2015, 12:09:00 am »

Awh, I'm soooo sad...

...that makes Euchre Jane the senior officer, right?  :P

also:
Voodoo > EVERYTHING!

We want revenge.

EDIT: I am confident of the PSI strength and skill of my character.  After all, she DID manage to transfer out prior to this deadly mission... :o

EDIT2: Realize I sound like a heartless jerk.  But I'm a Pirate, so it stays.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 12, 2015, 01:25:37 am »

On one hand, I'd be sad about the losses we just took. The other hand makes me glad since it means I wasn't one of the dead!

We're probably going to want a really, REALLY big killy gun to deal with those sectopod things... And are we able to keep it if we manage to capture it?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 12, 2015, 05:27:19 am »

Good bye friends. May you end up in the same heavens as that SuperSlave, he was quite hot.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 12, 2015, 09:33:36 am »

Those darn sectopods!  No armor can stand against their death rays!

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 12, 2015, 09:51:53 am »

Seem like we will need a lot of new blood ASAP.
I volunteer as a tribute

Name : Natty Compa
Prefer class : recon/medic (AKA I want to run around the map and be the first who get shot :P)
Prefer loadout : Medkit and a lot of bombs.

Ps. In my game, I always have 2 dedicate madic who wear nurse suit. (seem like I am the only one who use this suit.)

Their job is to run around healing, carrying ammo supply and chain throw a bomb.

Most of the time thau stay in the back, rarely fire a shot. But the stupidly high AP of nurse suit made them great for scount duty too. No wonder they have the longest life expectancy of all pirates :D

« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 09:59:34 am by Nuttycompa »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 12, 2015, 11:16:49 am »

Mind-Swap (switch names) with whichever unnamed character has the most voodoo potential. Don't mind swap if all of the unnamed characters have smaller voodoo stats than me.

Continue researching voodoo, and ways to defend against it!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 14, 2015, 04:03:20 pm »

.94 is out. And I can't play.  :'(

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 14, 2015, 08:10:23 pm »

.94 is out. And I can't play.  :'(
   Selected highlights:

*New Weapon: ... Super Shooty Gun, Long Range Flamer ...  :D
     *Moar Alcohool: Wine  :D
     *Flamethrower costs increased   :'(  ...and smaller clips, more TUs to fire....  :'( :'(
     *Acid Flask Accuracy buffed.

Overall, flamethrowers and incendiary weapons have received various nerfs, perhaps wisely as flames have such a big impact on morale, looking forward to upgrading and doing a lot more research into the new weapons and other projects.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 15, 2015, 03:13:28 am »

I just updated, the sniper rifle's damage has been changed from 50 to 36 + 25% accuracy.

And yes fire was OP, I destroyed guildmasters and cyclops with that. Cyclops are also fireproof.

Mind-Swap (switch names) with whichever unnamed character has the most voodoo potential. Don't mind swap if all of the unnamed characters have smaller voodoo stats than me.

Continue researching voodoo, and ways to defend against it!

I will, I don't know who has good voodoo power yet except for the ones who died.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 15, 2015, 03:29:54 am »

I just updated, the sniper rifle's damage has been changed from 50 to 36 + 25% accuracy.

...but, sniping rifles get a damage bonus based on firing accuracy, (haven't looked to see how much yet), so even more reason to give them to the gals with best shooty skillz.

Edit: Sorry, I have just realised that was exactly what you just said, but I didn't read it right.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 04:41:32 am by Darkening Kaos »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: X-piratez, intermission
« Reply #298 on: September 25, 2015, 11:02:55 am »

So the year 2601 ended quite badly with the loss of a base and the death of a few high level gals, but otherwise great progress has been made in the last six months.

I just updated the mod, it now punish you for giving sniper rifles to gals with low aim (and reward the opposite), gave the gals appearance more variety and added new types of pogrom, among things.

Oh, and the gals now have a quick draw slot. I always felt that the belt was good enough already, but I guess demogals will no longer start with their pistols in hand.

The story so far

After boarding many ships, the pirates caught the attention of the whole hierarchy of the planet’s government. First they attacked the church of Sirius and interrogated all of their officials, then they fought the Star Gods with various degrees of success.

The most important discovery was the old archives from the conquest of Earth six centuries prior to the age of mutants, namely the tale of the Xcom project and the war between Russia and the world that accelerated the damage done by the Star Gods upon the human race.

With this knowledge, the brainers took a first step in restoring education with the “Back to school project”. Why Eve Jobs-sama, the pirate Big Boss, would be interested in education? Because in this world, wealthy and powerful meant the same, because the wealthy are authorized by the Star God to use technology. Developing education allowed the pirates to play around the rules and maintain high tech equipment. That cultural development  strengthened the mutant alliance was a nice side effect.

Of course, not all battles were won. A few pogroms ended badly and the Australiasian base was lost. Many countries were also coerced by the trade guild into stopping protection payment, but thankfully, the gals did not rest on their losses. They looted bases and, with the help of their mutant contacts, increased the pressure on the various local governments.

So the next year begins with great hopes, the pirates are almost able to develop laser weapon by themselves, and that would be a huge upgrade to the gals stopping power. At the same time, the traders guild was scanning the American continent and soon enough the main hideout would be under attack.

The bases

Cave of booty
The main base is almost complete. A surgery lab is under construction to unlock more research then there will be one last spot for the power station that will be soon unlocked. Currently it houses the pirates A team and is the source of all the pirates R&D.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wako Base
Wako base now hold a few competent gals and starts to look great. It is building a third hangar to receive the Kraken that is being built back in the Cave of Booty. Its weird choke point is caused by the bad position of the old radar but this issue will be fixed.

Troy
Still under construction. Troy will soon receive its first gals now that it have the ability to shelter them.

The gals

We have a lot more gals than the previous intermission and most are quite deadly.

Euchre Jane
I have to start with her because she is the best gal by far. She has the highest mission count (30) and the highest kill count (41). Her massive accuracy (120!) combined to her high strength and energy explains why she wasted so much enemies with her gauss cannon, she has 51% to hit, in auto mode, without crouching.

Angel
The pirate queen is a good and balanced gal who can run around the battlefield, providing first aid to her peers. Most of her time is spend healing and I hope to trade her shotgun for pistols so she can use her extra TUs to shoot.

Kat Walker
She’s the best melee gal after the death of Fatima Ann. She use cat claws for now, but there is weapons more suited for gals of her strength and accuracy.

Amperzand
Since she tends to handle explosives, I prefer her to have bad reactions.

Darkening Kaos
She do not have great accuracies for a gal of her experience but since she use a flamethrower most of the time, she’s still powerful.

Rince Wind
The latest update added a damage bonus to her sniper rifle using her accuracy. With her score of 96, she now hit with more power than a lasgun. I am looking for upgrades, and the sniper gauss are the best candidates.

Snapper
Hitting many targets with rockets gave her a lot of firing experience.

Boka
Great bravery and balanced stats make Boka a reliable gal on the front.

Ema Ninjaston
She almost recovered her wounds and will soon have the occasion to work on her melee skills again.

Chylie
Terrible with a grenade, but better with a rifle. She’s can take out targets as long as a scout spotted enemies first. Not a good gal to use on overwatch however because of her bad reaction rating.

Tah tah
A decent grenade gal who can use both good melee and throwing skills to obliterate foes.

Scorching Tina
A good assaultgal with balanced stats. The numbers should keep raising together with time.

Lita Boyl
She has average stats, but her good energy allow her to compensate with speed. This is what kept her alive because she could abuse the enemies line of sight to avoid fire.

Helga Kraus
As an heavy weapon user, her firing accuracy could be improved. A few point blank auto shots  will fix that for sure.

Ivanaya Dogobitch
The update to sniper weapons is a problem for Ivanaya. She will probably be given an automatic side arm so she can train her aim until she breaks 70. On the other hand she has good reaction, letting her cover the front.

By the way here are the templates used for the gals:
* Swabbies: Stat correcting armor, stun melee or rifle depending of carrying capacity
* Riflegal: Medium armor, assault rifle, melee sidearm
* Pyrogal: Fire armor, flamethrower or fire ammo compatible weapon
* Grenadegal: Light armor, melee weapon, all the explosives possible
* Meleegal: Medium armor, two handed melee and pistol
* Demogal: Heavy armor, grenade or rocket launcher
* Snipergal: Flight armor, sniper rifle
* Medicgal: Medium armor, a surgery kit plus a rifle/shotgun
* Heavygal: Heavy armor, cannon or minigun
* Assaultgal: Light armor, smg or shotgun, melee sidearm

Next up, Jan 2602!

IvanDogovich

• Escaped Lunatic
  • XCOM Fan
    • View Profile
    • Ivan's YouTube
Re: X-piratez, intermission
« Reply #299 on: September 25, 2015, 02:07:43 pm »

Looking Good Boss!!! 
Them new-fangled tricks in them long rifles seems to make 'em a bit difficult to wrangle now. 
Them pyrogals look pretty nifty in their shiny suits.  Are there any openings in their ranks??
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35