Set up a contraband workshop for money
- 2 (15.4%)
Increase scouting coverage with zeppelins
- 6 (46.2%)
Raid a mansion
- 5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35

Author Topic: X-PirateZ, Gal get punched in the face  (Read 152946 times)

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-PirateZ, Bonus Update
« Reply #420 on: January 12, 2016, 08:27:21 pm »

I read your LP and scoffed. I don't recall TFTD being that hard...

Wiping on the January terror mission has taught me humility.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 14, 2016, 04:38:21 am »

Encore!

I read your LP and scoffed. I don't recall TFTD being that hard...

Wiping on the January terror mission has taught me humility.

I'll give it another try, with a surprise soon.

By the way the rules for Piratez has changed a bit. You can now get throwing experience using bows and grenade launchers so I will not have to throw flares for these weapons.

It is strongly recommended to use this executable to play.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 04:40:18 am by Boltgun »

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 18, 2016, 08:13:57 pm »

Still eagerly awaiting an update. Although, to be fair, I've been sporadically attempting a pogrom mission for the last two weeks. A turn here, a turn there. Makes having a unified strategy almost impossible for the mission.

So I understand if there's a slight delay.

We're winning though, but with a few casualties. Not even trying for captures, it's kill or be killed. Filthy damn Spartans. Thank god they've got hardly any armour.

There will be *SO* much loot after this mission, it's probably worth the deaths. Every laser I'll ever need. I still need a couple more assault cannons for stuff like this though (easily the MVPs for continuously saving my butt. Expl. Cannonballs are amazing).
It's a game. Have fun.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 20, 2016, 05:45:13 pm »

I am hungry.

Hungry for sushi!

The base was in the middle of the Atlantic ocean. It is a good place, right?

This time I did some spring cleaning. I removed most of the crappy equipment and provided most of the seamen with explosive gas cannons. Gas cannons are good, right?

As time passes, I get Gauss rifle and ammo researched. The extra store allowed me to buy a Coacawhatever and some stun rods.

And time passes...

And time passes...

Wonderful.

So I detected NOTHING for the entire month, and therefore the starting money was all I had to expand. The lab was understaffed and I could not afford engineers to make gauss rifles. Aliens frolicked in the sea happy and unchecked.

That's one of the reason people hate TFTD. In UFO defense, base placement was easy: put your base in North America, Europe, or Asia and off you go. But in TFTD what area do you need to protect? The land, the sea? The map is full of fictional countries so which one is more important? You just end up pining the base like a donkey's tail in hope that the game will toss the USO your way.

Or perhaps it was the RNG flipping me the bird and caused the radar to fail detection all the time? Who knows.

Anyway I got a tank and a full team of rookies on the way. They were equipped with gas cannon with explosive shells, the weaker holding on harpoon rifles, and all got flares, dye, and grenades.

And here is the best part of this play, me realizing that the tank can only fire underwater. Of course, nowhere the game warn me that this 480k$ paperweight had such limitation! Money well spent. It was sent forwards to scout the area and stopped a dozen shots before melting into a pile of crap.

Thankfully, the Triton landed at the corner of the map. The aquanauts laid smoke to a good third of the AO and took position. They quickly made contact with the enemy and fired at them, showcasing how absolutely terrible they were.

I made they missed with explosive shell. The only spectacular hit happened when Jehanne him a fishman in front of her, killing Paladinia who did not move far enough. Because in addition to missing target a few meters away with EXPLOSIVES, aquanauts had the life expectancy of the Spelunky guy.

But the battle went relatively well for the most part. Lorelle scouted the southern area and let her squad mates kill the aliens with grenades.

The rookies eventually ran out of grenades and the worst happened. Since they kept missing obvious targets with HE shells, they even went back to restock at the Triton.

Unable to move forward in time the alien killed all the civilians, then snipped the rookies through windows and obstacles. Because.

To prevent battles from dragging too long, upon reaching turn 20 the aliens are made aware of all the troops positions so they can rush them. Obviously, I could not win a war of attrition at this rate and it was up to Samathan Bojin to save the day. Thankfully she made it back to the Triton despite the suppression and brought it back safe and sound!

Nah, just kidding, she got shot by reaction fire.

Here's the punchline, I got -600 points here. The end of month report war -1100. So even if I won this terror mission with all the honors, I would still be boned, because the aliens... I dunno, they were elsewhere, in non euclidean spaces, I know because I went to the city of dreams where cats told me. This spider warned me to not put my base in the Atlantic because.. bl.. blah... bluh! Gblgblblblbl...

* Boltgun rolled 97 on the sanity test.

TFTD:3, me:0

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 05:56:06 pm by Boltgun »

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 20, 2016, 06:42:07 pm »

Well, of course a torpedo tank can't fire on land. You'd need the gascannon tank for that.

Gascannons are great. 3 ammo types, can fire over and under water and do decent damage. It is also the most fun weapon in TftD for me, I usually used it way longer than I should have, because it is just so satisfying to shoot someone with it. Mind, I never played on superhuman.

Also, why do you insist on landing at night? You could just wait until it is daylight, the civilians don't mind to play hide and seek for a while.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 21, 2016, 01:29:45 am »

t'll be so weird going back to pirates with actual life-expectancies...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 23, 2016, 04:22:38 am »

Yay Samantha! Imagine if that was the Bonny she saved....

Imagine what she'll do with real armour and a flamer and a prod. And enough ammo to not have to run away.

Why does is say we lost the sub?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 04:24:09 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 23, 2016, 05:33:08 am »

Yay Samantha! Imagine if that was the Bonny she saved....

Imagine what she'll do with real armour and a flamer and a prod. And enough ammo to not have to run away.

Why does is say we lost the sub?

Because the last aquanaut that was running back got reaction shot'd and so I got a status black.

t'll be so weird going back to pirates with actual life-expectancies...

Yes, Piratez has a slower difficulty curve. After updates the early game became even easier, as long as you have the wisdom to pull back when you meet an armored enemy.

I am trying UFO redux on the other hand, and damn. That one is a lot of FUN.

Well, of course a torpedo tank can't fire on land. You'd need the gascannon tank for that.

Gascannons are great. 3 ammo types, can fire over and under water and do decent damage. It is also the most fun weapon in TftD for me, I usually used it way longer than I should have, because it is just so satisfying to shoot someone with it. Mind, I never played on superhuman.

Also, why do you insist on landing at night? You could just wait until it is daylight, the civilians don't mind to play hide and seek for a while.

Because the RNG decided to start terror mission at dawn, in case I try to wait the night away. I am tempted to hold on gas cannons and rush sonic weapons instead of using gauss.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 23, 2016, 06:49:03 am »

The terror mission should last long enough. Is that bug still in that you only have to target it with a sub of yours and it won't go away?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 25, 2016, 03:37:27 am »

The terror mission should last long enough. Is that bug still in that you only have to target it with a sub of yours and it won't go away?

I forgot about this, it might not be a bug. But I don't fear the night that much, I cover the map with flares in a couple of turns.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 05, 2016, 04:59:43 pm »

Good news everyone, I got hold of my save and piracy will resume shortly.

The last version of the mod came with a naughty mode that, of course, I enabled. It allow the gals to go into fight completely naked, giving them a few bonus as the cost of having no inventory. There is also a few changes there and there, the biggest being that armors now have limited inventory. For example, there is no backpack for the hover suit.

First of all, here are the newcomers. I added you to Wako base and the gear is on its way.

There were quite a few updates during the hiatus so here's a few topic we have missed.

Now I need to reequip everyone and re-research some items.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 04:41:01 am by Boltgun »

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 05, 2016, 08:22:35 pm »

You have Buddha X-smokes in their twice, Boltgun.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 07, 2016, 04:41:20 am »

You have Buddha X-smokes in their twice, Boltgun.

Alright, I removed the extra entry.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 08, 2016, 12:42:15 pm »

D'oh. Ended up with low TUs and Stamina on someone designed to run in close and go flamey or zappy. No worries. If it becomes a hassle for her being useful, drop the armour for a bikini. She'll probably level alright with the flamer and some armour anyway (big probably), so TUs aren't a huge problem long-term anyway.

Armour might be better than stamina regen. Maybe. We'll see.....
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 12:44:57 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 09, 2016, 04:23:49 am »

D'oh. Ended up with low TUs and Stamina on someone designed to run in close and go flamey or zappy. No worries. If it becomes a hassle for her being useful, drop the armour for a bikini. She'll probably level alright with the flamer and some armour anyway (big probably), so TUs aren't a huge problem long-term anyway.

Armour might be better than stamina regen. Maybe. We'll see.....

You should have 60 with the bikini, you'll start with a long range flamer then more on (heavy) flamethrowers after a few mission, if you live.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35