Set up a contraband workshop for money
- 2 (15.4%)
Increase scouting coverage with zeppelins
- 6 (46.2%)
Raid a mansion
- 5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35

Author Topic: X-PirateZ, Gal get punched in the face  (Read 152945 times)

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
Re: X-piratez, flintlocks and laser guns
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2015, 03:12:56 am »

Fuel coz we need to keep teh Bonaventura in the air, We could study the Sniper Rifle and give that to who-ever has the highest accuracy, but I think getting ammo for it is three or four research projects away.

Spoiler: real game spoiler (click to show/hide)
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2015, 04:20:14 pm »

Poison, in honour of Alice Cooper. He might not be a pirate, but he often looks like one.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2015, 09:24:30 pm »

Good luck with the Pogrom mission!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2015, 06:22:31 am »

And after poisons you should try to go in the direction of rifle bullet manufacturing. So we can produce more mags for Sam...eh, i mean the Sniper Rifle.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2015, 09:16:43 am »

*does the X-com rookie dance*

I vote armour, then poison.

Alright!

25, Jan 2601

It’s a long way to Hel…

What a human thing to do. Life is treating you badly? Just go and kill a group people who have nothing to do with that. That will not solve anything but this take your mind of it. The gals were anxious during the long trip and did not talk much, merely checking what they brought with them, like the pistols they plundered previously. It it not have awe inspiring then flintlocks, but at least it does not have to be reloaded as often.

The mutant alliance called for help. Those people who were the fathers, sisters or brothers of our pirates. Eve Jobs-sama had to live through pogroms in a previous life when she was just a street rat, but this time this was different. She had guns and hands under her orders and it would be time to reverse the roles... or would it be?

The Bonaventura lands in the middle of screams and fire. Shots are fired left and right without interruption. And as soon as they set foot on the ground, they notice a strange object.

It’s like a small disk, full of cyberfluff, and it is accompanied by smaller discs. Everyone jumped off and tried shooting or throwing bombs at it but everything bounced the machine’s plate. A man took the occasion to throw a grenade from cover, killing the chainsaw holder.

Hurt by the explosion and mad at rage at seeing her crewmate die, Athath stood and ran towards the man, hammer in hand and screaming obscenities. Meanwhile the smaller disks hit Rince Wind who fell to the ground, unconscious. Another gal ran to her help, patching her wound. While Athath kept throwing bombs at the offending man until nothing is left of him.

Rince Wind is down to the count and will not be back to help her sisters. The rescuing gal picked her up and threw her back into the Bonaventura. She kept her sniper rifle.

Then, the cyberdisk slowly turned around and swatted Athatath who died with foam at her mouth. Then took many more shots, before taking out RAM.

This is enough. That disk cannot be killed, the few gals still alive tried moving back to the ventura.

The terrorists even tried to cut the retreat. By sending their smaller disk, those had to be dispatched with sniper rifle shots.

The wounded, tired team made it back to the ship under the fire of the raging humans. Holding a plasma wound on her abdomen, Darkening Kaos started the engines and took off as fast as she could. For the first time since their evasion, it seemed that the pureblood could not be beaten, and that the mutants would remains at the receiving end of the stick forever.

----

Casualties :
* RAM
* Athath

Only amperzand is on foot now, everyone else is in that sick bay. The cyberdisk tanked the entire crew's fire, including assault cannon, boarding gun and bombs for the whole mission. That was some gold grade bullhsit. A+

Spoiler: Pirates (click to show/hide)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2015, 09:24:39 am »

That's why you buy a few panzershreks and stuff them in the hold .
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2015, 02:52:49 pm »

+1 to emergency antitank rockets.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2015, 02:53:32 pm »

Thanks to whoever saved me, if she is still alive.

I wanted to say that I didn't have that many problems with the disks, but then I remembered that I play on the easiest difficulty.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2015, 03:26:00 pm »

It was an unnamed Gal who saved you, forgot which one.

Another tip I learned the hard is that smoke really suck in piratez. Stay in it for two turns then you'll be unconscious whenever you get hit.

I'll post the intermission soon where I bandage the wounds. We have a problem however, I think that the Caribbeans are a terrible place to deploy a base because I barely detect any UFO. Hopefully options exist to fix that but that'll require time and cash.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2015, 03:29:10 pm »

Yeah, most un/armours have a 400% smoke rating. If you want to use smoke grenades a lot you have to use the Smokey armour or helmeted tacsuits, etc.

Or throw the smoke between you and the enemy, so you're not in it turn after turn.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2015, 03:33:09 pm »

Yes, I threw it well as the smoke covered one good side of the field but I let the battle go in the same direction. The best would be to throw smoke in one direction, skip one turn then deploy and move at the opposite way. It avoids you getting hit in the back.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2015, 04:00:19 pm »

I guess switch to researching the option for smokey suits.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2015, 04:44:05 pm »

Here's the intermission.

25, Jan 2601

The crew landed back home beaten and defeated. Only five gals made it back alive from the pogrom and failed to prevent the pureblood from having their way with the defenceless hybrids. The survivor and wounded, barely conscious and Eve Jobs welcomed them back in the hangar with a face that would inspire fear to the meanest mutant.

The night was short and violent, the big boss punishing the nearly dead pirates before they even could go to the sick bay. She sent three of the wounded gals off to the bitter coast with only a knife and a ration. Piracy is no job for the weak and an example had to be made.

26, Jan 2601

The brainers figured that if you could not destroy a machine by firing bullets at it, perhaps it could melt. The hideout was leaking with chemicals already and adding few good quality samples bought at the coast they could create powerful melting juice to throw at the enemy. Eve Jobs suggested to put some on a blade to better shove it in those backyard dogs faces, which turned to be, in fact, not a bad idea.

It was also suggested that the market was full of explosives. So after Eve Jobs invited a black market representative to order a few of these beauties.

She had to lay her X Grog money for it but if the humans were going to line up the arms, she had to line up twice as much!

28, Jan 2601

Fresh fodder came to the hideout, looking for action. The runts also prepared a few flasks of acids for the new hands to try, so in case of accident they would not lose anyone important.

31, Jan 2601

And so January ends with a mitigated result. Eve Jobs-sama did a decent job in paralyzing the trade route between the northern federation and the outposts in the south, but mutant settlement in the old continent saw her as a powerless brigand and nothing more. Also cash was not as plentiful as the Big Boss hoped, the protection money barely kept her business going.

3, Feb 2601

The search for better protection was a success with rather unsavory results. The idea of covering her hands with such unnecessary amount of clothing did not please the Big Boss. She ordered a few copies of the new armor to be built right away but that is under the condition that better and sexier suits would leave the runts workshops soon.

10, Feb 2601

There is now more living space in the hideout. Instead of giving better and larger living quarters for everyone, the Big Boss asked her scouts to prowl the coast and hire a few female mutants without burdens such as a sense of survival or the will to live old. She wants the Bonaventura to be full to the brim of drunken sailors, even if their arms had to stick out.

Ideally Eve Jobs would be able to use more brains to give her better toys to play with, but intelligent people are so rare in this world that it would cost her all her organs to hire only one. So instead she also asked for more gals with enough arm strength to handle a wrench, to make more alcohol, and so more money.

The day also saw the return Darkening Kaos and Amperzand into the main deck, all fresh and full of energy, comparing their scars. It was an uplifting sight for Eve Jobs-sama who invited them to a drinking night. In a typical mutant fashion, the two gals muscle mass grew at a rapid rate to answer the stress of their last fight and those two are more intimidating now.

The brains also studied the pureblood armor remains and could tell it’s properties. And, good news, their armor is very prone to melting! The one who suggested the acidic weapon was right, whoever she was.

With this, they can also make tac vests. Those were on the market but their price did not make them desirable. Even worse is that it only protect from the front. It is however lighter than the warrior armor and is more pleasing to the eye… Their wearer must remember to not moon the enemy to avoid embarrassing moment.

17, Feb 2601

Since the sniper rifle was out of rounds, the brains took the occasion to disassemble it and see what’s inside. It was indeed snipey and rifley.

24th, Feb 2601

As the runts and brains were discussing how to better pile tools in the workshops, Eve Jobs barged in with an idea. The crew had a hard time fighting in the smoke as, much to her surprise, there is little air left after a canister explosion. If instead the gals had little bags of air on their face, perhaps they could move with the smoke and jump at the enemy! The Big Boss sat with a proud smile on her face while the brains rolled their eyes. Orders are orders and they’ll find something.

The runts still rearranged their workshop so they can at least make ammo to the current guns.

(Warning, somewhat NSFW. Again.)

26th, Feb 2601

The purebloods are at it, again. Rince Wind and others were back on feet this time for round two.

This time the gals have more explosives, more protections and more gals at all. Let’s hope that it will be enough this time.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 05:14:45 pm by Boltgun »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2015, 07:59:31 pm »

Good Luck!

For terror missions, I usually inspect the weapons of deceased enemies.  You can use them, and they're usually better than what you have.

I always get a CTD when facing Cyberdiscs.  Hm, I better check my install...

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2015, 10:25:36 pm »

Return as Hat-hat, Athath's identical twin sister!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35