Set up a contraband workshop for money
- 2 (15.4%)
Increase scouting coverage with zeppelins
- 6 (46.2%)
Raid a mansion
- 5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35

Author Topic: X-PirateZ, Gal get punched in the face  (Read 152916 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: X-piratez, RIP Doggy
« Reply #135 on: August 03, 2015, 06:08:36 am »

Ah too bad.

By the way I'll be on vacation for the week so no updates for a while. I'll do a little intermission before leaving.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 06:29:22 am by Boltgun »

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 03, 2015, 06:28:56 am »

Have a nice vacation!

I have no idea if the merc is good, only my main base has been attacked so far. Lots of explosions, many wounded gals and a guild leader captive. But I really need traders booty to produce some revenant armies for those that are too weak to wear juggernauts. Juggernauts 6 and 7 are being produced as we speak.

Should I put voodoo schools in the secondary bases?

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 03, 2015, 07:37:30 am »

@Boltgun: Have a good time!

@Rince Wind
I have no idea if the merc is good, only my main base has been attacked so far. Lots of explosions, many wounded gals and a guild leader captive. But I really need traders booty to produce some revenant armies for those that are too weak to wear juggernauts. Juggernauts 6 and 7 are being produced as we speak.

The Mercenary seems to be effective at what he does, but I don't know if he's worth the money, I'll keep him for base defense, I'd rather all possible experience goes to the Piratin' Gals, (which is why I don't put tanks on the dropship).  I need Raider's Booty so I can make some of the unusual armours, I really want to experiment with stuff.

Should I put voodoo schools in the secondary bases?

You are much further in the campaign than I am, not even researched any advanced Voodoo, yet.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 03, 2015, 09:03:55 am »

Well, I am researching plasma pistols at the moment, but as I only ever found one sniper rifle, I haven't even looked at that. And I still don't have the custom shhoty either.

What was the humble weapon that is now extremely good for you, of I may ask?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 03, 2015, 12:20:49 pm »

Oh dear the intermission was longer than an update.

The base

Eve Jobs-sama and her gals escaped imprisonment and found what was once the X-Com base. From there, she attacked any ship foolish enough to stop by, made contact with the mutant population, started to learn about the different factions on Earth and became the only defense mutants could hope for against violent outbreaks from pureblood humans.

The base held a great treasure, the last laboratory in the world. This place shelters tools to allow many researchers to work together. Without this, the alternative would have been to build libraries at over a million apiece. And for each room, only one brainer can work.

Since the ethereals conquered Earth, they made sure to cut what was last of humanity from their biggest weapon, by keeping the humans divided and giving it technology without means to study. While Eve Jobs-sama mainly want to kick ass and take name, she and her brainers are slowly turning into the last guardians of knowledge of the world.

There is also two new bases in production. Hell Hole, designed to be an interception base, crashing ships for the Bonaventura in ‘Australasia’ and Wako Base, a long term investment that will house the B team in due time to take on Fuso and the Asian countries.

The main base is expanding too, a second Hangar has been started as well as a large vault. Let’s hope that the large vault will solve the space issue for good.

Workshops

The place also have a still, allowing to make X Grog. It’s not a lot of money’s worth but this reimburse the runts upkeep when they don’t have orders.

The workshop can produce basic weapons, plus acid flasks and poisoned daggers. They recently added the ability to produce assault and sniper shells, permanently putting muskets into retirement, and manstopper/snubby bullets to replace flintlocks.

There have been research on ship tech but no direct result yet. I can research ‘New fighter craft’ now so I guess we’ll have an upgrade soon. This is good because the Bonaventura had a bad time against a medium ship.

Currently, the runts can produce TAC vests and basic armor, plus smokey suits. The basic armor protect the best despite TU cost. TAC provides no benefit beside on the front and because their wearers are faster, they have the higher chance to not take straight hits. I know they can be upgraded later so I prefer to equip the rookies with smokey suits instead. Only Hat Hat wears a TAC now, to make her easier to spot. Hopefully I will be able to research better protection soon.

The gals

It is surprisingly easy to keep the gals alive. I mean, there is losses all the time but after grenades or other dickish moves are spent on the first wave, gals wearing basic armor can take a lot of hits. There is a few one-hit-kill weapons but it’s easy to recognize them and position to their owners are offed by overwatch.

Darkening Kaos
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The higher ranked gal, Darkening Kaos is a great jack of all trades and has been doing well with rifles, flamethrowers, heavy lasers, bombs and daggers. She’s been wounded a lot but her high health (and Angel) kept her alive and kicking. Her increase of energy added mobility to her many useful skills. However, every time she gets wounded, you can be sure that at least one gal freak out. And by one gal, I mean Rince Wind.

Amperzand
She has used mostly a grenade launcher and a lot of explosives and is the reason that most of my screenshots and covered with smoke. With her strength increase, she  will soon use rocket launchers. The problem however is that she has the lowest kill count. She fires a grenade at groups of enemies and the other gals gets the kills when they finish them off. Grenadier is an unrewarding job.

Euchre Jane
Just look at the strength bar, and that energy bar. She is changing from being a scout to an heavy weapon… scout. She sniped a lot of enemies with her lasgun and saved many mutant lives. I am considering upping this to at least the heavy laser, or perhaps a minigun. I’ll avoid explosives however because her bravery is almost the worst of the team and I do not want her to go berserk with a bazooka.

Rince Wind
She has the highest mission count. Of course that is because she was mostly far away from action, sniping isolated targets one at a time. She almost never missed a shot unless it was out of her field of view, and even then she can score impossible kills. With her good reflexes she can fire at running targets before they get close and her accuracy rises every battle. However look at that bravery! She is prone to panic often, hopefully never for long.

Fatima Ann
The queen of misfire. Her reaction is bad, her accuracy is meh and that’s why she shot her teammates often. Submachine guns are oddly suited because it compensates accuracy with number but on the other hand but her perfect 100 melee accuracy along a nice strength growth will more likely see her back to pistol + melee once I get an upgrade of strength based melee. Because ball bats wouldn’t be the best on armor, I need some kind of mace, with spikes, and lightning bolts coming out of it.

Angel
She was the gal of the match last pogrom, pretty much reducing everyone’s wound recovery by a half. The mutant medic is getting better and better at sprinting, patching the wounded in the frontline. She still uses a combat shotgun because it has a great accuracy, even when holding the medipack on the other hand. Her strength allow her to bring more and more stuff over time so she’s often packed with missiles, panzerfausts and other stuff to toss at hey teammates.

Bushmeat
Never seen without her spear, Bushmeat also go into combat with a pistol on her belt and as you can see on the ranged bar, it went well for her. A spear is a deadly weapon in her hands, ignoring armor partially, and perhaps if she practise throwing it will be even more deadly. Should the enemy too far, she usually draw her pistol, line up a few shots then put it back. In short, she’s great at approaching enemies, thinning them then skewer them.

Hat Hat
And finally, Hat Hat.Who always have good idea but no one to tell it to. I think she’s the one who got the most sick leave, maybe it’s because she forget all sense of self preservation whenever she see a mutant die. She owe her life to her TAC vest because she took more than one shot in the face. She currently uses a Fuso sword and a pistol that is almost never drawn. The damage she does with that sword is incredible, making her the only gal with a kill count higher than mission count.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 12:23:39 pm by Boltgun »

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 03, 2015, 01:21:51 pm »

Oh my, that bravery...

But nice roundup, thanks!  :)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2015, 01:36:55 pm »

Oh my, that bravery...

Oddly appropriate,  considering the name.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 03, 2015, 01:41:20 pm »

Oh my, that bravery...

Oddly appropriate,  considering the name.

If the gal prove to be psy weak that'll be perfect. Btw, I just bought the Color of Magic for the travel. Among the Discworld novels it turned out that I never read this one.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 03, 2015, 02:16:12 pm »

If the gal prove to be psy weak that'll be perfect. Btw, I just bought the Color of Magic for the travel. Among the Discworld novels it turned out that I never read this one.

No, she should be very powerful, but have abysmal skill.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 03, 2015, 09:10:00 pm »

Well, I am researching plasma pistols at the moment, but as I only ever found one sniper rifle, I haven't even looked at that. And I still don't have the custom shhoty either.

Edit: The very first gun almanac I researched was the sniper rifle, so I was able to keep using it, then when the custom option came up, I had found two more, often in Large Academician/Trade Guild ships, but you also need three of one other weapon to construct it.  It is very much worth it, if only for the 'Double Tap' function of the Custom Snipey.  The Custom Shooty is the weapon every one else carries - and, yes, I have researched all lasers, all gauss, no plasma as yet, but I prefer the basic ballistic/explosive weapons, they are still doing a good job against most foes.  Mercenaries and Star Gods get High Explosives and Dynamite shoved up 'em.

What was the humble weapon that is now extremely good for you, of I may ask?

The basic SMG, put in a mag of
  Still need to get within five squares of the target, but in the hands of an experienced Gal, damage from the 5(?)-shot burst mounts up really quick.

@Boltgun:
     Get the runts to put together half a dozen Tac Vests, and if you have the tech, convert them to Tac Armour.  Always keep armour, even if you are not using them.
     Great summary of the state of the campaign.

Spoiler: My Game (click to show/hide)

Ninja'ed during Edit.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 09:19:51 pm by Darkening Kaos »
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 03, 2015, 09:16:08 pm »

While I wholeheartedly support being the unheralded cause of every image being filled with smoke and rubble, I would appreciate the occasional follow-up shot to rack up some kills of my own, purely for reasons of not becoming underpowered as time goes on.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 03, 2015, 09:36:17 pm »

I'll submit a gal to be mutated.

Giselle Krauss. Reporting for duty. Give her anything with the moral equivalent of more dakka. The more bullets that fly, the more things are gonna die.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 04, 2015, 12:37:32 am »

While I wholeheartedly support being the unheralded cause of every image being filled with smoke and rubble, I would appreciate the occasional follow-up shot to rack up some kills of my own, purely for reasons of not becoming underpowered as time goes on.

Every hit adds to your accuracy so explosives makes you progress faster.  For each explosion you gain the equivalent of a perfect shot multiplied by the number of enemies so while you do not rack up kills, you might have the first perfect 100 ranged accuracy.

It's only bad for the kill count because you tend to be an opener, not a finisher but with TU growth, you can add a pistol to your setup.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 04, 2015, 01:06:51 am »

Or, assign an un-claimed Gal to Amperzand to throw a wierd thingie, (the one that looks like an alium grenade), then when Amperazand throws a grenade, they will both detonate for combined explodey goodness.  (This is a major tactic from Apocalypse - not enough bang from your terrestrial grenade?  Take advantage of the alium one dropped by the dead and dying aliums)

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 04, 2015, 03:05:03 am »

I think grenades don't explode each other here.
Quote from: modpage
NOT recommended OpenXcom options:
- Instant Grenades [You can throw multiple grenades in this mod and they won't destroy eache other]
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35