Set up a contraband workshop for money
- 2 (15.4%)
Increase scouting coverage with zeppelins
- 6 (46.2%)
Raid a mansion
- 5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35

Author Topic: X-PirateZ, Gal get punched in the face  (Read 153997 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-piratez, flintlocks and laser guns
« Reply #225 on: August 20, 2015, 03:51:22 am »

Lita seeks more dakka in Wako and is in no way attempting to compensate for something.
Fatima requests more powerful thrown explosives, as the previous batch was clearly insufficient. She maintains that such a thing could not possibly go wrong and has thus far managed to avoid answering whether fragmented rookies meets the definition of "thing go wrong"...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 20, 2015, 04:18:42 am »

The autogun is actually quite good, and there seems to be a constant supply of them, they were the second most common weapon on my dropships, and only got better when I researched the upgrade options.  True, they are not as good as sniping rifles, but they hold their own.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Solarius Scorch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Intergalactic Radio Station
« Reply #227 on: August 20, 2015, 05:13:37 am »

Wow, this is a shockingly good LP. And you seem to be a very good player. Plus, I love the jokes.

Well, why not submit a pirate?
Name: Scorchy Tina
Favourite weapons: absurdly big pistols
Favourite dating place: beach
Dwarf Fortress: Strike the earth for all it's worth!

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 20, 2015, 08:41:39 pm »

I've been playing this mod myself a lot this summer.  It truly is different every time you play it, because you run into the factions in a different order every new game, and thus rely on different tech each time.  I'm really happy to see someone on the bay12 forums doing a let's play of this awesome mod so that more people outside the openxcom forums know it exists.

If you have room for one more on your roster:

Name: Paladinia
Favorite Weapons: Fuso Knives and Cutlasses- (I will win this war for you with decent throwing!)
Favorite Outfit- Gym Outfit
Favorite things- Throwing knives
Least favorite things- Squad wipes after being mind controlled and then having to find a new crew to hang out with.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 21, 2015, 01:20:53 am »

Well, that didn't last long. Once more into the breach!

Name: Chyile
Favorite Weapons: light dakka and explosives

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 21, 2015, 01:33:28 am »

Alright here are the new gals :

Spoiler: Paladinia (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Scorching Tina (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chylie (click to show/hide)

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 21, 2015, 01:29:19 pm »

I admire those brave gals. Still, I prefer to only see them purebloods through my scope. They smell.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 21, 2015, 08:01:19 pm »

What do the superslaves actually do?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

IvanDogovich

• Escaped Lunatic
  • XCOM Fan
    • View Profile
    • Ivan's YouTube
« Reply #233 on: August 21, 2015, 09:26:44 pm »

Thanks for the awesome LP and dropping a hint about it over at the openxcom.org forums!!   I had a really fun run doing a YouTube LP of the previous generation of PirateZ (before it got Extended ;) ).  Link to playlist if anyone is interested.

I'd love to join the crew Cap'n!!

Name: Ivanaya Dogobitch
Favourite weapons: Long Barrelled Shooty things.  With long range accuracy.  Hunting Rifles, Scoped Rifles, even Assault Rifles.
Favourite Attires:  Smokey Gear
Favourite dating place: Perched high on the Bonny in a cloud of smoke shooting at things I can't see, with exemplary accuracy.

(Now to go finish catching up on this awesome LP!!  Thanks so much for putting this together!!)

(Edit: Caught Up!!  You are doing great and are quite a bit further than I got in my campaign!  One Word: Fire.  I think with the new panic mechanic, that it is uber powerful.  Heavy Flamers should be amazing, but I don't know where they work in the new tech tree.  They were basically my cyberdisk / heavy armor anti-dote in my game).
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 11:24:30 pm by IvanDogovich »

Solarius Scorch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Intergalactic Radio Station
« Reply #234 on: August 22, 2015, 05:35:44 am »

Hey guys, I published an RPG system set in the Piratez world. It's not exactly complete, but it has all the mechanics and a lot of stuff that would be hard for the GM to get from thin air, like weapon stats or race modifiers.

To get the book, or comment on it, please check out this thread: http://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3907.0.html - I could make another thread on Bay12, but I don't really want it spread over several forums. :)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 02:14:47 am by Solarius Scorch »
Dwarf Fortress: Strike the earth for all it's worth!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 22, 2015, 10:09:50 am »

ptw

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 24, 2015, 04:33:28 am »

Thanks for the awesome LP and dropping a hint about it over at the openxcom.org forums!!   I had a really fun run doing a YouTube LP of the previous generation of PirateZ (before it got Extended ;) ).  Link to playlist if anyone is interested.

I'd love to join the crew Cap'n!!

Name: Ivanaya Dogobitch
Favourite weapons: Long Barrelled Shooty things.  With long range accuracy.  Hunting Rifles, Scoped Rifles, even Assault Rifles.
Favourite Attires:  Smokey Gear
Favourite dating place: Perched high on the Bonny in a cloud of smoke shooting at things I can't see, with exemplary accuracy.

(Now to go finish catching up on this awesome LP!!  Thanks so much for putting this together!!)

(Edit: Caught Up!!  You are doing great and are quite a bit further than I got in my campaign!  One Word: Fire.  I think with the new panic mechanic, that it is uber powerful.  Heavy Flamers should be amazing, but I don't know where they work in the new tech tree.  They were basically my cyberdisk / heavy armor anti-dote in my game).

Alright, I am midway November and I'll add you asap.

And yes, I think flamethrowers are op. Unless the enemy is immune to fire (power armors), they panic. Otherwise I would not stand a chance against cyclops. Otherwise it's a lot of line of sight abuses and rookie sacrifice.

Hey guys, I published an RPG system set in the Piratez world. It's not exactly complete, but it has all the mechanics and a lot of stuff that would be hard for the GM to get from thin air, like weapon stats or race modifiers.

To get the book, or comment on it, please check out this thread: http://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3907.0.html - I could make another thread on Bay12, but I don't really want it spread over several forums. :)

I went through most of it, it looks nice!

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 25, 2015, 06:33:10 am »

Well heavy flamethrower used to be my BFF, untill I met my new best friend "mininuke"

IvanDogovich

• Escaped Lunatic
  • XCOM Fan
    • View Profile
    • Ivan's YouTube
« Reply #238 on: August 25, 2015, 08:21:45 am »

Well heavy flamethrower used to be my BFF, untill I met my new best friend "mininuke"
Too right!!  That Baby Nuke was amazing!! (As long as it was Outbound, not Incoming). ;)
Cheers, Ivan :D

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 25, 2015, 04:11:21 pm »

I think the enemies killed more of their own than they killed my gals with the nuke. :D Blaster launcher is a bit similar.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35