Set up a contraband workshop for money
- 2 (15.4%)
Increase scouting coverage with zeppelins
- 6 (46.2%)
Raid a mansion
- 5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35

Author Topic: X-PirateZ, Gal get punched in the face  (Read 152910 times)

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-piratez, flintlocks and laser guns
« Reply #240 on: August 26, 2015, 01:50:00 am »

Well heavy flamethrower used to be my BFF, untill I met my new best friend "mininuke"
Too right!!  That Baby Nuke was amazing!! (As long as it was Outbound, not Incoming). ;)
Cheers, Ivan :D

Even the incoming one still left you with a beautiful impression like
 " ...Really dude? Over kill much? "

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 26, 2015, 02:34:12 am »

Even the incoming one still left you with a beautiful impression like
 " ...Really dude? Over kill much? "

"I prefer to fight on a blank map, with nothing but burnt squares."

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 26, 2015, 03:10:00 am »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Edit: Rather than double-post.
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 06:54:04 am by Darkening Kaos »
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 30, 2015, 06:16:08 am »

New update! I'll make the next ones shorter because an entire month is too much.

-----

The brainers twins rummaged into the pile of old stuff stolen from the various humans left and right. One of the two smart girl lifted a large golden cross as it was an important treasure. They both poked at it in various location until it started emitting a chorus sound and materialized wings of lights on the twins back. They checked their new look in the mirror, then went back to the pile to search for more gizmos to play with.

4 Nov 2601

A fairly large ship flew across the american continent and landed before the interceptors could make a contact.

Landing #27

It was a lightly guarded ship and it’s crew was routed without problem besides Rince Wind complaining of having to give up her power armor for her previous TAC armor and a rookie dying from bad luck. Bad luck was a terrible illness, worse than scurvy.

New gals were hired to replace the rookies. The first one requested to go in the field with nothing but a gym top and fuso knifes, and two more traditional fighters.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

8 Nov 2601

Lita Boyl had a long day of training in the use of her power armor, but that would not end there. As she was relaxing, a detonation rocked Wako Base and the lights dimmed. She thought that the runts had another accident but the alarm could be heard in the whole base with flashing lights that warned Lita of an imminent danger.

Was the guild so tired of seeing their ships disappear that they decided to come and die directly into the base instead?

Base defense

The dogs were left out of the kennel and they started sniffing the enemies coming. Hopefully the base has been built to make the lift and the hangar a chokepoint. The intruders has to go through an empty central room if they want to reach any vital area of the base.

At the same time, Lita Boyl quit her shower in a hurry and put her power armor back. The other gals jumped off their beds and grabbed their guns.

The enemies were well armed but they made the mistake of coming through the lift in waves. The gals sent to dogs in front of the doors to open them, then the next move was obvious.

Two grenades later, the guild personnel was reduced into paste, Lita Boyl yelled “That’s Piratez, baby!” at the remains, without really understanding what it meant.

However, more guild soldiers came. After the third wave, the gals were out of grenades and most of them died to unknown weapons. The survivors ran back and hid in bathrooms, control rooms, any closed area where a door can conceal them.

A pest control manager noticed Lita Boyl going to hinding and want to play the game of ‘who can survive point blank shots’. He lost.

This guerrilla tactic confused the guild security personnel who could be ambushed and killed by blunderbuss easily.

There were not much attackers left, but not many gals either. A guildmaster moved in, with his arrogant armor and arrogant smile.

Without weapons powerful enough to kill him, a gal tried baiting him towards the vault, where she could get more explosives to use against him. This was a success but the guild master was oddly fast on his feet and managed to land a few shots on the gals. Without any order choice, she threw an elerium grenade in the stockpile, destroying most of the stock and killing them both.

Lita Boyl and the only other surviving gal could then take care of the last enemies, a power armored trooper and guild representative. It was discovered that gauss muskets are more effective than acidic ammunition. The gal handling this gun came by the name of Ivanaya Dogobitch. The brainers should research more about these mysterious guns.

In the end Wako Base survived, barely. Should the guild have sent a couple of more guards the pirates would have lost control over Asia. The guild still managed to cause real damage on the base, killing almost all the gals and destroying a lot of supplies.

The explosion in the vault also caused the loss of a lot of equipment, that was quite a step back for a base that struggles with enemies already.

After the attack, a few change were made. First the runts strating building an hyperwave relay, then the Pigeon has been sold and replaced by another antique ship with more capacity, called the Skyranger.

12 Nov 2601

Back at the Cave of Booty, the smuggler’s captain was taken out of containment. Calling the following events an interrogation would be misleading, as the exchange started in the lab, then moved towards one of the brainers private quarters. When Eve Jobs could see why in the report she received afterwards.

Unfortunately, his charming attitude disarmed the investigator and she eventually left him out without much information, merely a suggestions and warnings.

The workshop were more productive as they took a gun that the gals used to wield in combat to better understand its mechanics.

15 Nov 2601

Alarms rang through the Cave of Booty. A large terror ship was en route to an unknown location. Both the Bonaventura and a Predator took off to stop it. With more targets than cannons, the cruiser had no choice but to crash land.

Snapper noticed a cyberdisk flying off the burning wreck into the woods and moved in with Amperzand to stop it while the other gals led the assault, gaining ground and taking out the pogrom team, but not without losses.

However inside the crashed ship, the assault team found themselves against two more disks and had to wait for the demogals to reinforce them.

Amperzand could shoot one disk inside the ship while the other exited from the back and trapped Chylie.

She had to fire a panzerfaust at close range, otherwise the disk was surely going to shoot its plasma cannon at her. She walked out blind, deaf and hurt, but alive. She had to thank the runts for putting together her armor.

And so the two aircraft made their way back, victorious. A few promotions were given to the gals, including Lita Boyl.

The next days were full of research. First the gals made what they believed to be the last step in TAC armor improvement, combining a TAC suit and an helmet along with fireproof underwear. This is the best the gals can get so far without using a powered armor and the result is a good compromise between mobility and security.

For the swabbies, a new ‘night ops’ gear will help them accomplish their task and while the gals can see better than pureblood in the dark, giving this advantage some improvement was a good step.

At the same time, the gals were suggested to get ‘more dakka’, and so started searching several leads. The first one would be to add electronics to guns, to make them more than bullet shipping devices. The assault pistols could now be upgraded with better accuracy and there will be probably more to follow.

Another was to improve the older guns that the workshop can produce. For example, they enhanced the boarding gun’s design to make it more precise. It still does not compare to what the trade guild unwillingly offered but it gave the brainers new ideas.

The runts also mastered the ancient hard of sticking a pointy thing on a rifle.

Meanwhile, the Interceptor launched from Wako Base and flew around FUSO to search for rumors about the guild establishing bases on countries that stop paying protection, without success.

21 Nov 2601

Despite the danger, the trade guild flew civilian lines across the globe. The pirates decided to remain them what happens when they do. A predator shot a freighter down and soon enough the Bonaventura was on its way.

There were no guards, and while most of the civilians were armed, they could not compare to eighteen armed mutants. All of them were rounded and brought back to the hideout, except for the pilot who had such a glass jaw that he died from a punch. As expected, this act was reported as unfair and distasteful. Like fairness and taste was of a pirate’s concern.

Back at the base, the civilians spoke before Eve Jobs-sama even started using her usual interrogation techniques. They were just regular people living under the Star Gods harsh rule and were not that different from the poor mutants living outside.

Because these people actually did not do anything wrong to the mutants, Eve Jobs-sama saw them as unfit for slavery. They were released in exchange of some information on their home cities and an handful of jewelry. As usual she and her crew were more gentle on the females than the males.

While the big boss handled her prisoners, the workshop did put together some cannon parts. They ended with a powerful design of mysterious origin and plenty of ammo. These cannons were shipped towards Hell Hole and Wako base so they can raise their body count.

Booty has always been the main feature of the Cave of Booty. Plasteel in particular kept overflowing the vaults and Eve Jobs-sama was always happy to cut down ships into scrap because it sold well. This semi-metal was always best suited for ship plating but after designing the shooty gun, the runts and the brainers together figured that they had enough presses and machines to work plasteel into tiny pieces, aka bullets.

This increased the stopping powers of classic rifles. Both giving gals cheaper solutions to attack ships with and giving Rince Wind more killing power. The highlight is that is also provide ammo to the battle rifle, auto cannons and machine guns, adding them to the list of guns that gals can use without supply issues. Smartgun plasteel ammo can also be made but it sadly only lead to a higher clip size without improvements in power.

They also tested the confederate eagle and traders booty just for fun.

26 Nov 2601

Many mercenary ships flew around the caribbeans, the hyperwave relay catching its order to find and destroy the Cave of Booty. This should be frightening, but Eve Jobs-sama calmed down her runts. These ships are indeed to powerful to engage, and an assault on the cave will cost the pirates, but they know how much a mercenary ask for such a job and the guild cannot afford enough of them to neutralize all the battle hardened mutants. So she asked her gals to get drunk in preparation for the attack.

Meanwhile in another part of the world, another government got pressured by the guild to stop paying their protection money, but at the other countries raised theirs in fear of retaliation, it failed to drop the pirates income.

----

Spoiler: Pirates (click to show/hide)

The poll has been reset, I'll review the bootypedia to cull the lesser guns (that are available in black market) to make way for better weapons. The shooty gun isn't bad in the hands of a heavygal, hunting rifles have a good punch and oh my the new ammo gave the sniper rifle a solid 50. I'm undecided on pistols, but I need something light to give to the swabbies and something heavy to give sidearms for other gals.

As for melee, I gave shock a fists to most gals as side weapons but for melee gals they are still using rapiers and axes, not that it's a problem since they pierce power armors with that. I am unlocking good armors for them too.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 06:22:54 am by Boltgun »

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 30, 2015, 03:02:36 pm »

Woo, yes, bow to yer mistress, slave!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 30, 2015, 03:46:42 pm »

Wow, I am really really impressed at your ability to keep named gals alive.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 30, 2015, 09:16:40 pm »

In my game, I never saw plasteal bullet achieve anything useful. They just don't have a punch for the armored foe (which is 80% of your enemy :P)
Laser/Gause tier is much better IMO

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 30, 2015, 11:03:03 pm »

@Nuttycompa
     Did you make/use the nuclear ammo for ballistic weapons?
     Most of my crew are using Commando Rifles/Smart Rifles, nobody uses melee, there is grenade-spam, and there is also grenade-launcher grenade-spam.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 31, 2015, 12:28:10 am »

Not there yet, but that really sound sweat though  :D

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 31, 2015, 01:24:58 am »

I've only just begun manufacturing the first batches of ammo, they are equivalent to DUC ammo, and it is only for a few weapons, one of which I do use - the Death Blossom SMG.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 31, 2015, 02:57:51 am »

Wow, I am really really impressed at your ability to keep named gals alive.

I do so with a lot of landscape abuse, and dead rookies.

In my game, I never saw plasteal bullet achieve anything useful. They just don't have a punch for the armored foe (which is 80% of your enemy :P)
Laser/Gause tier is much better IMO

We'll see, the guns are still not at the lasers level but it's raises the 'cheap' option against enemies like humanists or smugglers. Killing pest control and minidisks will also clear the way for melee gals to kill the armored dudes.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 31, 2015, 02:58:53 am »

Could I have a look at my gal's stats? I'm wondering if it is time to change her loadout.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 31, 2015, 03:54:53 am »

Could I have a look at my gal's stats? I'm wondering if it is time to change her loadout.

Okay, I'll post the stats once I'm home from work.

Edit : there you go

« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 01:57:00 pm by Boltgun »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 03, 2015, 04:24:42 am »

Can you help me read this? What does the dark, light and empty bars means?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 03, 2015, 04:41:55 am »

@Sheb
     The dark part is your innate 'skill' level when you were recruited, while the lighter part is the level of improvement caused by training, experience - and some equipment can raise your skill levels.  The empty part of the bar is what you have lost due to wearing Tac Armour (-15 TU and -10 Stamina), you can also lose TU from carrying too much.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35