Set up a contraband workshop for money
- 2 (15.4%)
Increase scouting coverage with zeppelins
- 6 (46.2%)
Raid a mansion
- 5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35

Author Topic: X-PirateZ, Gal get punched in the face  (Read 153966 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: X-piratez, flintlocks and laser guns
« Reply #270 on: September 06, 2015, 10:52:31 am »

I like the idea of Troy, so long as the lead gal there is named Helen. Having anyone else lead that base is downright irresponsible.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 06, 2015, 11:44:18 am »

Well, Hecuba would be possible as well.

(I admit that I had to look up her name.)

Helen might draw the attention of too many invaders, and that might be a bad idea...

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 06, 2015, 11:48:07 am »

Helen might draw the attention of too many invaders, and that might be a bad idea...
Good point. I say we take the ugliest gal we can find, rename her Helen and put her in charge of the base.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 07, 2015, 02:54:16 am »

Okay for Troy and naming the gals after characters of the Iliad.

I'll make the other bases afterwards depending of funds.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 07, 2015, 10:59:25 am »

Ms. Krauss would like to transfer to Wako Base.

It sounds like they need her over there.

Awh, you miss me!  ;D

But yeah, Wako Base is better served by two veterans in power armor.  At this stage, simple rookie swarms won't cut it anymore.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 07, 2015, 01:42:21 pm »

I-I-It's not like I transferred just for you, baka!
BIRDS.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 10, 2015, 03:18:57 am »

I really want a nuke, but I kinda don't want to get vaporized. :/

You should totally have a nuke-RPG in each base so's you can blow the shit out of any invaders if you're about to lose.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 10, 2015, 08:57:40 pm »

Poor Hell-Hole.  At least we took down a good number of dudes with us.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 11, 2015, 12:19:46 am »

Continue Voodoo research!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: X-piratez, merry Christmas *BOOM*
« Reply #279 on: September 11, 2015, 12:38:18 pm »

21 Dec 2601

Losing Hell Hole from the map did not calm down Eve Jobs-sama’s greed who ordered a new base built named after stories of a great city that resisted ten years of siege before succumbing to trickery. The gals were tasked to navigate the skies and terrorize Europe under the names from this epic tale.

Superconductors are found in both laser and gauss weapons, making the latest research a great step towards leveling the field against the guild.

22 Dec 2601

Landing #??

A hopper landed near the Cave of Booty, it was the occasion for the gals to take a jog. The guild personnel was shot for resisting, and the passengers taken hostage and released for a meager ransom. Demonstrating how the guild disregard the little guy was a good way to spread both fear against the pirates and distrust against their foes.

24 Dec 2601

Eve Jobs-sama was surprised to find the hideout decorated with shiny bits of metals. The runts apparently caught word of the ancient Earth traditions and wanted to revive what seemed like a special day in many parts of the world. They fled into the tunnels when the Big Boss screamed at them for halting work. They had a Kraken to build!

Eventually Eve Jobs-sama changed her mind and ordered local dishes on the black market. Runts, gals and brainers had an opulent dinner of roasted piranhas and a two headed ostrich cooked in grog. Alcohol and food was plenty and for one day the guild personnel did not have to fly around the globe paralyzed with fear.

The runts explained that the next day, humans could find gifts under a tree. Eve Jobs-sama spent the evening thinking, what could be a great gift for her gals ? And the next day, she woke up everyone earlier and called Wako Base. There were gifts! Plenty of gifts for the taking for the good pirates, arr!

25 Dec 2601

The guild did spend an extra budget equipping its base for defense, but was not prepared for such a sudden and organized attack. Blast doors were destroyed in an instant from one side to another of the facilities. Several attack crafts shot the area around the facility to raise panic and keep the guards busy as pirates, armed to the teeth, jumped down their dropships and took the fight underground.

Base attack (Cave of Booty team)

To ensure victory, the pirates brought a secret weapon with them, Superslave! The superslave was ready to prove his worth and strike at the enemies for (in)justice.

Go Supersla…

“That’s it, you won?” shouted Amperzand from the lift.

The gals had to move on with plan B. They found the guildmaster quickly but they had to act quick, guild personnel was running through platform to assume firing positions. So they threw a willy pete at him then overpowered him in the middle of the fire.

And once again, the guildmaster fainted. This led the gals to question their worth in the guild hierarchy but more interrogation material was always good.

Bushmeat spotted a guild boy wielding a rocket launcher but thankfully Scorching Tina sniped him. The gals then proceeded to sweep the corridors and picked their foes one at a time.

Base Attack (Wako Base team)

Euchre Jane was hungry for action.

Unfortunately gauss shots on the back wounded her, along with Lita Boyl, but all the gals had a vodka bottle on their belt and could treat injuries.

The team lost a few hands because all the base’s hands were equipped with gauss muskets, even the civilians, and that proved to be too much for the lightly dressed swabbies. Those who survived seized control of the entire northern area and caused the remaining foes to panic, drop their weapon or even walk oblivious right into the excited pirates.

Huge columns of black smoke rose over the islands. The natives could not decide if it was a good sign or not.

Everything that was not bolted down has been moved away. What was bolted down was pried open and their content transferred into the dropships.

All that remained was a grave of guild employees who thought that they could steal a cut from Eve Jobs-sama.

30 Jan 2601

Using a computer stolen from the now destroyed base, the brainers decoded the ancient archives and got a lot of information from the times that the Star Gods conquered Earth. So they contacted a group of mutant located to lands once called 'Russia' to unearth clues for these legends. This explained the stories from the wars that has shaken Earth and proved that there was a time were purebloods were not weak willed Star Gods puppets. Eve Jobs-sama was pleased to be the holder of such ultra sensitive information.

Because the files described a terrible weapon called ‘atomics’, the brainers studied the devastating rockets that the guild deployed on the field.

In addition to nuclear weapons, the brainers opened a new lead for better allies. The church of Xenu Sirius seemed to gather knowledge about creatures living in neighboring dimensions. It may have been worthwhile to give them a call.

And so ended the year… actually not quite.

Pogrom #11

Who tried to strike back at the turn of the year? The gals had to find out.

The Bonaventura barely landed that they found themselves against a formidable enemy. A nightmare walking on a pair of mechanized legs and sporting a deadly cannon.

To make the matter worse, Star Gods were there. In broad daylight, and in numbers! There were no hirelings or any proxies this time. It only them, and a tank on legs. The gals could hear voices as evil magic tried to make their ways into their mind. Fatima Ann was the first one to lose control of herself.

Darkening Kaos tried firing a rocket at the mechanized monster without any damage. The gals had to think fast. There was no way to save the mutants from the Star Gods who methodically exterminated them, so either they flee, die against this monster or…

Run as fast as possible into cover. Once inside buildings they could take on the Star Gods without dying by high powered cannon. A game of hide and seek. The gals needed to capture at least one Star God alive, and get it interrogated.

Fatima Ann could not get voices out of her head, it was like a hundred of rookies drumming in her brain. Dropping her sword, she started up running in circles, screaming. This sight was too much for Princess Expendable who hid behind a box shaking. Bushmeat tried to calm her down but she too started babbling an incoherent mess of syllables.

Amperzand could not believe was she was seeing, most of her most hardened pirates were losing control of themselves. And to make it worse, the Star Gods were killing swabbies with their plasma guns.

The dogs on the other hand proved to be useful and mauled a Star God by themselves. Darkening Kaos rushed to their location in hope to stabilize it before it expired but unfortunately, the dogs already dismembered its fragile body.

Rince Wind made a great use of her sniping spot, rising from the Bona’s top hatch only in time to land a shot. She exposed herself as little as possible and at the same time killed no less than three gods by herself.

But the pirates cannot hold against so many odds against them.. Another mechanized creature entered the field and shot at the pirates hiding place. Standing in her simple gym suit, Paladinia barely noticed it closing on her. She saw a flash, and then nothing.

Fatima Ann kept hearing the voices of rookies she killed, much louder than Amperzand telling her to stop listening to the Star Gods mind tricks. She ran out of the hideout, without a weapon, yelling at ghostly apparitions to come and fight like women.

There were no mutant to save anymore so the gals who had enough strength of mind started to pull back. Only Amperzand stayed behind trying to protect Fatima Ann and Bushmeat whose emotions kept jumping between terror and euphoria. Fatima Ann punched around in the air. The assault gal, queen of misfire, killer of rookies figured that Bushmeat was nothing but a larger rookie, she has beaten many armored foes, after all so what could this spear maniac do against her? The idea of throwing a willy pete to make the show more dramatic made its way into her mind so she grabbed out, pulled its pin and charged.

Amperzand tried to intervene but everything happened to quickly. Fatima twisted Bushmeat’s spear and stuck it into her leg. The speargal fought back, hitting her friendly enemy in the face. Stunned and disoriented, Fatima barely noticed the willy pete slipping from her hand. The resulting fire covered all the remaining pirates and pushed Bushmeat to flee in panic. She was caught by the hulking mechanized monster.

Fatima Ann barely had the chance to recover from the mind control. One of the Star God, having lost its bet, shot the crazed assaultgal out of spite.

It was over, Amperzand took a revenge at the offending Star God with a rocket and ran back towards the Bonaventura, her power armor creaked under the strain of her sprint. Unfortunately, the original mechanized creature blocked the way back for Amperzand. So Princess Axependable ran down the ramp with a bomb in head to distract it. She bought precious seconds for Amperzand. Her act of bravery ended in tragedy however as she was unfortunately shot on the Bona’s ramp, the gals dragged her body back in the ship but she did not survive the flight back. She has traded her life for another’s.

After winning many duels against Star Gods, Rince Wind was distracted by Axespendable's death and received plasma on her shoulder. She owe her life to Darkening Kaos who quickly treated her wound.

The dropship launched under the cannon fire. The gals could barely maintain flight over the ocean, repairing the sustained damage as they could. Many Star Gods died, but that was at a high price. They proved to have newer and better weapons as the gals, and they some of their minds are too easily accessible.

This made a bitter end for the first year. The net result was still extremely good, but losing important gals, especially Fatima Ann, who was a fearsome gal for both friend and foe, did not give any matter of rejoicing. But this is what the pirate life is about. instead of dying a nobody, you plunder ships and live a short but exciting life making a name for yourself.

Also the local lords of Pirate Straits agreed to not live up to their name and become a touristic attraction.

---

RIP Fatima Ann, whose abyssal psy power completed her friendly fire package.

Spoiler: Pirates (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 03:14:28 am by Boltgun »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 11, 2015, 03:23:06 pm »

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!
*sighs* At least she went out as she would have wanted, surrounded by friends...

I seek a replacement.
Sara Boma: Prefers large blast radii and damage values, lacks subtlety.

P.S.
 Changed the name...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 03:39:52 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 11, 2015, 03:29:55 pm »

It was all my fault. :(

I knew I should have aborted when I saw this sectopod but the temptation to capture high profile enemies got the best of me. I never had this much MC enemies.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 11, 2015, 03:45:00 pm »

*pats*

She fought bold till the end she did. Let every pirate cry for her a salty tear and raise a glass of grog in the memory of ol Fatima Ann. May her sacrifice never be forgot.
BIRDS.

Solarius Scorch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Intergalactic Radio Station
« Reply #283 on: September 11, 2015, 04:41:45 pm »

I guess this New Year we'll be drinking extra hard.
Glory to the Fallen!
Dwarf Fortress: Strike the earth for all it's worth!

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 11, 2015, 05:48:41 pm »

RIP

Thanks Kaos!
To honour this sad day, I will name my trusty gun "Goodslaya". What? Spelling? Sorry, I can't hear you over the slayiness of my rifle.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35