Set up a contraband workshop for money
- 2 (15.4%)
Increase scouting coverage with zeppelins
- 6 (46.2%)
Raid a mansion
- 5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35

Author Topic: X-PirateZ, Gal get punched in the face  (Read 152924 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: X-PirateZ, Euchre Jane is OP plz nerf
« Reply #465 on: April 15, 2016, 02:49:24 am »

I made some spring cleaning in between episodes.

I sold rum (vodka and smokes too), because those items now disappear upon use and I got a sizable stock of medipacks. All the stun bomb has been removed too, those have received a 50% armor debuff so that will be inventory space badly spent.

And lastly, after selling many old balisitic ammo, I retired the super shooty guns. As useful as this weapon was, it is now outclassed by laser weapons and I believe that I'll get now piercing stuff soon.

This saved me nearly 100 vault space, wow.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 29, 2016, 04:18:20 pm »

I want to do some live X-Piratez play but first I needed to exercise my speech. What a better way than to give a shot at kicking Cthulhu again :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvuG3ypP_Cg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIPjofCe6tA

[ENGLISH RATING: TERRIBLE!]

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 29, 2016, 04:58:23 pm »

Honestly, you're quite legible; I never had any trouble understanding you. You're wasting your time with those dye grenades, though; in TFTD they're all but useless.

I'll fight you irl if you call the gauss pistol useless one more time >:l

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 30, 2016, 03:35:44 am »

Honestly, you're quite legible; I never had any trouble understanding you. You're wasting your time with those dye grenades, though; in TFTD they're all but useless.

I'll fight you irl if you call the gauss pistol useless one more time >:l

That's good, because there is a lot of times I do not understand myself. Anyway, dye grenades are a lot more effective in OpenXcom than in the original DOS game. They are working like UFO Defense smoke grenades and on top of that spread smoke on several z-levels.

Anyway, don't worry. I'll call gauss pistols useless and not worth the research time a few times more then put them on the battlefield.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 30, 2016, 07:48:40 am »

Say, these were surprisingly good to watch. TFTD makes for pretty great suspense, and you've got a combination of a very listenable voice and decent video making skills. I'd certainly be up for more of that.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 30, 2016, 03:01:50 pm »

Say, these were surprisingly good to watch. TFTD makes for pretty great suspense, and you've got a combination of a very listenable voice and decent video making skills. I'd certainly be up for more of that.

Cool, here's more then : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_cQ6FBhtNE

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 30, 2016, 05:27:19 pm »

"The first thing that we do is throw a smoke grenade"
 *Fatman start jumping in and out of the door*...
She even survived being on point for half of a mission, I expect terrible terrible things in the near future.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 03, 2016, 01:14:54 pm »

"The first thing that we do is throw a smoke grenade"
 *Fatman start jumping in and out of the door*...
She even survived being on point for half of a mission, I expect terrible terrible things in the near future.

I'm amazed myself.

New video, I 'failed' the terror mission. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neJrVbt2eEI

« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 04:04:25 pm by Boltgun »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #473 on: July 03, 2016, 07:59:50 pm »

Sweet, so this game's still going on.

EDIT:
Which reminds me, I still have a game of TFTD to play through. I definitively destroyed XCOM: Final Mod (beginner mode, albeit, but I did beat it plenty before the prescribed time limit though by a couple months.).
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 08:02:37 pm by Itnetlolor »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 05, 2016, 04:25:14 am »

Sweet, so this game's still going on.

EDIT:
Which reminds me, I still have a game of TFTD to play through. I definitively destroyed XCOM: Final Mod (beginner mode, albeit, but I did beat it plenty before the prescribed time limit though by a couple months.).

Final mod pack is pretty fun, I watched Beaglerush (a popular xcom streamer) playing it. But personally I'd recommend Area 51, that has just been updated. It does not have as much stuff than FMP but it is more focused and features custom missions.

I'll have some Piratez up soon, preparing an introductory tour of our bases.

KaraSummers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 06, 2016, 02:04:28 pm »

Might be a bit late, but if ya need a pirate, I'd like one, no real preference as to weapons...maybe the

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

if ya got one
Gay couples should be able to defend their pot farms with machine guns

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 10, 2016, 05:03:01 pm »

Might be a bit late, but if ya need a pirate, I'd like one, no real preference as to weapons...maybe the

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

if ya got one

I'll add you asap.

Until then, more tftd: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4Fwz0Wrjz4

Edit : Terror mission part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-hfJlltGdw
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 12:15:23 am by Boltgun »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 18, 2016, 02:54:09 am »

And another night terror mission, I censored myself out of anger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O42LAOY5iwg

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #478 on: July 20, 2016, 02:32:21 pm »

I noticed you've been having money troubles in your videos.

After you research stuff like medi-kits, motion scanners, and such, always have a few technicians on the side producing each of them simultaneously (like 8-16 techies per-item, 4 is even acceptable, at least enough to produce approx. 1 unit/day (or week, even) or 2, each item), after you produce enough to supply your troops, so you at least have a sorta-constant income somewhat daily (until you can spare more to produce more more quickly). Better than nothing, or depending solely on looting and funding.

At least, doing that helped me expand my global coverage. It's a bit of a slow start, but after awhile, and maybe a dedicated production base or two, it starts to accelerate, and being funded by nations should only cover maintainence costs by that point, and production becomes your new source of income. XCOM doesn't need to be military-exclusive. It can also become an economic power.

EDIT:
As for X-Piratez, you can always have a brewery-base (or few, or a brewery per-base) to mass-produce grog worldwide.

EDIT EDIT:
The only items I know of that can actually turn a decent profit in a fair amount of time, even with a minimal crew of techies would be the particle disturbance sensor, medi-kit, and gauss pistol (only the pistol, the ammo would waste resources, and isn't worth it, as would also be the heavier weapons, until the gauss cannnon, and even so, the smaller things overshadow the bigger things profit/time-wise. So, pistols produce more quickly than rifles and such, and overall, sell for more in the same amount of time/dedicated techs). In due time, you should be pulling 1M income/month soon enough (and then some later on), just by mass-production alone. Plus, this is one of my more favorite "set it, and forget it" strategies.

Recommended (Optimal) production rate should be 3-4 hours/unit (per-item (up to 3 items at the same time)) at top speed, when you can afford to. You'll start swimming in money in no time. To have a satisfying income ticker, offset them accordingly (like start production at 12AM, and the next one at 1:30AM, and optionally, have the 4-hour one oscillate between a set, or start a 3h and a 4h set at the same time; make watching the income rise a little more fun to watch.).
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 10:39:34 pm by Itnetlolor »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 22, 2016, 06:02:37 pm »

That's a great strategy, I just unlocked gauss cannon only for this purpose and this is now generating a ton of cash. Once the second base has its working I'll have no more troubles.

Made a new video but this campaign that I expected to end in tragedy grew too big so I gave it its own thread. That way I can return to Piratez proper here.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35