Set up a contraband workshop for money
- 2 (15.4%)
Increase scouting coverage with zeppelins
- 6 (46.2%)
Raid a mansion
- 5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]

Author Topic: X-PirateZ, Gal get punched in the face  (Read 154273 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: X-PirateZ, The science lab of nothing
« Reply #510 on: January 18, 2017, 07:55:46 am »

I started playing this a week or so ago and I'm having a blast, but I kinda wanna ask: what graphical settings are you using? The lighting and pixelation in your screenies look comparatively less bright and smoother than mine.

Also, how does one go about making one's own laser weapons? I got to the point I can disassemble them, but not create my own. Also, how do you develop your gal's voodoo?

Also, are apples just random loot you get from certain groups, or something that somehow multiplies in your vaults as long as you have some of them? I have a faint suspicion that the few apples I had left in the vaults were somehow procreating.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 18, 2017, 12:05:02 pm »

I'm using a lower resolution with the sabrx-xcomified filter. I find that alright considering it draws 45° angles pretty well.

You cannot make laser weapons for a long time, but after disassembling them, start researching the parts, then you should be able to unlock electropulse ammo, upgrading a few old weapons. Then you should progress towards making superconductive laser ammo for the laser guns. Gauss seemingly works the same.

You get apples from fighting in maps containing apple tree farms. For some reason, the gals go apple picking after slaughtering guild men.

The A team is getting all the action because after updating, the only ammo I can use for interception is seagull missiles. The Deliverator has guns but Asia is attracting battleships these days. As for the Kraken, it fired its missiles on a terror ship and ran dry.

But I should be able to fix that soon. I had to look into the tech tree and I think I can make a beeline towards some cannon ammo, but no promises. The Piratez tech tree is a bowl of spaghetti.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 12:07:04 pm by Boltgun »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 18, 2017, 12:58:16 pm »

I gots me 50mm cannon manufacturing going and a predator interceptor, but thats far from being able to take down the bigger UFOs that have actual guns. I have been postponing vessel research for a good while since I'm after guns that can effectively deal with armored enemies and kidnapping equipment. The best I got so far are acid and armor piercing ammo, along with heavy flamers (which are awesome) and techblades (also awesome), with energy and gauss weaponry being an ocasional luxury I loot from dead enemies.

Also, lobstermen are a goddamn nightmare, if heavy flamers didn't cause them to go crazy, I wouldn't know what to do other than hiding in my ship desperately trying to find a way to kill them other than looted elerium grenades and acid bottles.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 18, 2017, 11:04:12 pm »

Also, are apples just random loot you get from certain groups, or something that somehow multiplies in your vaults as long as you have some of them? I have a faint suspicion that the few apples I had left in the vaults were somehow procreating.

Actually, apples are pretty common and plentiful loot from the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
.  It is absolutely the only reason to bother with those missions.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 20, 2017, 09:38:31 am »

Also, is something up with my game, or do promotions take a long time to be a thing? Only one of my gals is a mistress by now, some are boss gals and the great majority are gals and swabbies. Some gals have just been gals for ages now.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 20, 2017, 10:26:40 am »

I believe it may be related to stat gains and totals?
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 20, 2017, 06:10:57 pm »

Also, is something up with my game, or do promotions take a long time to be a thing? Only one of my gals is a mistress by now, some are boss gals and the great majority are gals and swabbies. Some gals have just been gals for ages now.

It is all explained in the wiki.
However, you need to change the ranks from the default game to X-PirateZ.  I believe the exact same rules apply, though.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: X-PirateZ, Gal get punched in the face
« Reply #517 on: February 18, 2017, 03:19:18 pm »

20 Jun 2602

The runts started to build a new Zeppelin.

Also Wako Base got a call. Hunters saw big fuzzy creatures frolicking in the Himalayan valleys. And by frolicking, they meant eating people. So the locals would like them extinct. The pirates could use some new fancy furs so they took the job.

Shambler Hunt

The gals jumped off the Deliverator and so far the monsters were nowhere to be seen in the snow...

Euchre Jane was confident that she could defeat any monster that came her way so she strapped her cannon over her shoulder and moved in with a flamethrower. A deafening roar followed by the power armored gal flying in an arc alerted the gang that something was wrong.

The 5 meter tall monstrosity, full of teeth and white fur ambushed Euchre Jane, grabbed Jane by the leg and slammed her into the ground before throwing her away. Fortunatly, the Shambler was quickly surrounded and gunned down and while bullets did not pierce the hide, the monster still gave in to the pain.

The juggernaut armor took most of the damage, and Euchre Jane came back with only a few bruises and her damaged ego.

More shamblers came in and were quickly dispatched by fire and higher caliber projectiles. The pirates gathered some wonderful fur this day.

Congratulations Euchre Jane for your "award".

21 Jun 2602

Bored, Ellen MacCoy played a game of "punch a nazi in the privates until something happens". 70 turns later, the supremacist gave up to his mother's name.

Also they discovered that oranges are orange.

22 Jun 2602

Sniper rifles, assault rifle, hunting rifles, or plain rifle... they could gun down enemies up close or off a few heads in the distance. Every loved rifles.

24 Jun 2602

The Zeppelin was already finished and shipped off to the Secret Village. The gals wanted to step up their air games and scouting the northest of America will help to figure the guild's machinations.

Also Shamblers started to reveal their wonders. The carcasses were quickly cut down and their meat cooked and sold for extra cash.

25 Jun 2602

In the lab, Spook worked on to figure out to make smart pistol bigger. She liked the concept of guns that aim themselves, as they'd help swabbies to stop being swabbies. While the pistols did not get bigger, at least she managed to program the smart thingies for machine guns.

With plasteel bullets and such precision, this machine gun might fill a spot that the shooty guns do not.

Also the gals has made an incredible discovery. So far they bred parrot by taking eggs and waiting for something to break free. Now they know that they must first let Mr parrot meet Ms parrot, and then some voodoo magic happen and then all the eggs gave tiny parrots.

And... this. How the pirates came to this discovery? Also who acquired this 'essence'?

30 Jun 2602

And so the month ended. Scared witless, the nations of the world gave enough cash to pay everyone. While wonderful, this will not last.

But that does not matter, Eve Jobs sama had some plans.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]