Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The Legend of Lief Deepgrief  (Read 4462 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
The Legend of Lief Deepgrief
« on: July 14, 2015, 05:14:06 am »

Spoiler: Basic Rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 1000 Years Ago (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Present (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Prompt (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM EXTRA (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 07:39:07 am by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of [Name of Hero to be inserted later]
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 05:21:39 am »

My name is Leif Deepgrief

My mother always calls me a ratty little boy with dirty, grubby paws. On my thirteenth birthday, she gave me new rags, which went well with my black hair and pale skin. I'm the shortest of the litter, per se, and the thinnest too.

I'm a boy!

I'd never go anywhere without Brat, my pet rat, much to my mother's dismay.

My rusty and trusty dirk, the rags on my back, my little 'loot-pouch' and a couple of my mother's sandwiches. That she stole.

Let's see how the first one goes.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 06:34:04 am »

My name is Leif Deepgrief

My mother always calls me a ratty little boy with dirty, grubby paws. On my thirteenth birthday, she gave me new rags, which went well with my black hair and pale skin. I'm the shortest of the litter, per se, and the thinnest too.

I'm a boy!

I'd never go anywhere without Brat, my pet rat, much to my mother's dismay.

My rusty and trusty dirk, the rags on my back, my little 'loot-pouch' and a couple of my mother's sandwiches. That she stole.

Let's see how the first one goes.

Dungeon Entered...
Upon entering you see the beginning of a long stair case which you travel down. Brat scouts ahead to search for traps. Way to show your mother how useful rats can be. Oops, my mistake, friends.

The stairs seem to go on forever but eventually the stairs end and you enter a long hallway.

You wonder when you will see any challenges in the Dungeon. Suddenly, you hear  brat give out a warning shriek and you see him running towards you, closely followed by what appears to be a powerful demon with wings. You throw a sandwich at the demon in attempt to distract it.

Spoiler: Die Role (click to show/hide)

The demon quickly devours the first sandwich you threw at it and demands more sandwiches. You decide to throw all of your remaining sandwiches at it. You sneak past the demon while it has lunch. Unfortunately the sandwich demon has eaten your lunch.

As you pass through more and more of the Dungeon you begin to get hungrier and hungrier. Luckily for you, you eventually reach a room with an enormous feast laid out upon it. Brat determines that the food is not poisonous or dangerous in any way and the 2 of you dig in. You hear the sound of a giant approaching and run away from the table. You don't have any sandwiches to help you this time.

You are a bit too late though. The giant walks into the room and spots you.

"Ho,Ho,Ho. Fresh Meat"

The giant takes a swing at you with his massive arms. You realize that you will likely not pass the Dungeon but at the last second something you didn't expect happens...

Your new rags begin to glow with power and the giant vanishes before your eyes. You feel yourself being telaported away from the dungeon and when you arrive back at the Dungeon's start, you find that your rags have transformed into what appears to be a newer version of the same outfit and a small round gen has appeared in your loot sack. You begin your triumphant walk towards a magic academy.

Spoiler: Prompt (click to show/hide)
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 07:14:35 am »

((Ah, so this is more of a writing exercise than a suggestion game?))

Let's see who we've got in the dorm. There's Bulk, a hulking imbecile who focuses on potions to make himself stronger. Next to my bed is Reyna Halfmoon, the Transformation Wizard who happens to disappear once or twice a month. Finally we have Peeping Tom, who excels in making and breaking Illusions.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 06:44:15 pm »

Today is your first day at the your new magic school. You entered your new home with little more than the clothes on your back. You managed to quickly make new friends. Indeed you began to fit in within a few weeks. You and your new buddies Bulk, a kid who may have fried his brain a bit too much by using potions, Reyna Halfmoon, a wizard who disappears once or twice a month and is rumored to specialize in transformation magic to hide hair which she just can't get rid of, and Peeping Tom, a very creepy little boy who always seems to be able to sneak up on anyone. Even late in your time at the school, you could find no affinity for any 1 magical art.

For 3 years you began training yourself to the limit in order to learn the most about magic that you could. You and your group of buddies graduated and began a special magic course on self defense and other objects of magical combat. And just as you were about to pass the course, something happened which would cause your world to come crashing down upon yourself and all of Qanon...

To Be Continued Tomorrow

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 09:23:45 pm »

This belongs in the RTD subforum.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 05:18:48 am »

Except that so far, The dice have only been roled once and overall, the dice have nothing to do with the game. Besides combat (ex. the sandwich demon) the dice have not been used at all.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 05:26:16 am »

Personally, I think you're rushing. The dungeon could have lasted much, much longer, and you railroaded the story as well. You should've asked for actions and suggestions instead of making Lief act the way he did. What if the players wanted him to keep his sandwiches? Or try another strategy.

And it was a bit jarring to immediately be dragged from dungeon crawler to magic school. If you wanna be better at writing updates for forum games, you should always give the players something to work with and time to work on.
Dying of laughter?

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 06:04:24 am »

Time Log hh/mm/ss

Time: 11:54:00 AM
The first of the rumbling began.

Time 11:55:30 AM
The first cracks appeared on the ceiling of Qanon.

Time 11:59:00 AM
The beginning of the Earthquake, dust began to fall from the ceiling.

Time 12:00:00 AM
The ceiling began to fall revealing the sky for the first time in 1000 years and revealing the city to thousands of winged demons, much like the one you faced off with in the Dungeon.

Well at least neither you nor any of your friends were crushed by falling rock.

What do you do?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 06:52:23 am »

((Much better, man :) ))

Look out for falling debris and try to get us and our friends to a fortified building.
Dying of laughter?

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2015, 03:25:16 pm »

Welp, looks like its time to run from these creatures with your friends and find I suitable hiding place you notice several suitable but aren't sure which to use.

Hiding Spot 1: the magical academy. Contains the highest concentration of wizards in the city but has many windows.
Hiding Spot 2: Your mother's house. It only has 1 entrance and its small but it is also hidden deep within the city. Also you don't want your mother to die.
Hiding Spot 3: In the chaos the doors to the dungeon of Qanon were blown clean off. While their is only 1 entrance and the Demons will find you eventually, their are many tales telling of powerful magical artifacts found on the lower floors.
Hiding Spot 4: The local restaurant. As these Demons look like the sandwich Demon from the Dungeon, maybe you can bribe all of these demons with sandwiches to leave you alone. (or convince them to make you their chef) Then again, you'll run out of ingredients sooner or later.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 12:33:39 am »

Tell our friends to go to the Dungeon of Qanon, get the artifacts and help save the city. We're not so good in magic, so Lief should go to his mother's house and get her out of there, helping people along the way, and bring them all to the magical academy.
Dying of laughter?

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 05:07:49 am »

Tell our friends to go to the Dungeon of Qanon, get the artifacts and help save the city. We're not so good in magic, so Lief should go to his mother's house and get her out of there, helping people along the way, and bring them all to the magical academy.

Are you sure splitting up is a good idea? We can do this but the dice (On a Roll to die) I use makes it very unlikely that all of you will survive.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2015, 05:36:48 am »

All part of the drama.
Dying of laughter?

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2015, 06:05:59 am »

Fair enough.

Party 1: Lief Deepgrief
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Party 2: Bulk, Reyna Halfmoon, Peeping Tom
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Pages: [1] 2 3