Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32

Author Topic: Superpower Wiki Warfare - Round 25: High tyrol Gets Kicked in the Face  (Read 62228 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Superpower Wiki Warfare

So I thought about running a game like TCM's Wikipedia Article Warfare, except using the Superpower Wiki instead of Wikipedia. A hole crap-ton of this is blatantly stolen from borrowed from other threads, with a few exceptions.

There will be a 48-hour time limit between updates. This may be shortened or lengthened depending on demand for either.

*New Gameplay Addition!*
Rather than pay for an additional power, you can choose to reroll all existing powers for the same amount of Kills as you have current powers. Maybe you like Precognitive Dreaming but feel like needing to be KO'd to use your powers is too risky? Just murder a bloke and reroll! You might get Heat Vision or something!

Gameplay:

The goal of this game is to incapacitate all of the other players to the point where they can not incapacitate you back. The simplest way to achieve this goal would be to kill the other players, or put them in a comatose/long-term K.O.'d state, but there are other viable methods including complete subduction or damage to one's mind to the point where they can't even cognitively function well enough to be a proper contender anymore. The first player to get 6 Kills will be the Champion. If you are permanently incapacitated, your Kill count will be reset to 0.

The game runs on a 10-sided die system for completing actions, so a rolled 10 will result in the complete satisfaction of the intended action, whereas a 1 will result in the direct opposite. Everyday simple actions require no rolls. Things like climbing a ladder, breaking down a door or hacking through an electronic lock, will.

Each player receives 1 Superpower, based on 1 random Superpower Wiki Article loaded for them. Superpowers have some sort of effect on the player, oftentimes a modifier to certain types of rolls, or access to a non-standard ability. For example, if the Random Article is Enhanced Swordsmanship, may give the player a +4 to actions involving the use of Swords or similarly-shaped Sword-type items. An example of a non-standard ability is Disintegration Beam, which lets you fire beams that disintegrate your opponents.
[Note: I may or may not decide to reroll super extremely OP superpowers such as Supernova Inducement. Maybe.]
Superpowers can be gained by paying for them with Kills (2 per new superpower), though the new superpower will of course be chosen at random. Some superpowers such as Consumptive Replication allow you to gain or steal superpowers for free!

But won't this result in huge disparities, with one player starting with Plasma Bolt Projection, another with Telekinesis, and another with Eye Colour Manipulation? Of course! That's what makes this fun! Be creative, that's why the goal is to incapacitate, not just kill. A player can be blessed with getting the article for Absolute Immortality, but that makes them far from unbeatable.

Abilities can be inherently bad, may carry risky side-effects, and could simply be almost useless. It's also possible for two players could have the same superpower but with functionally different penalties and bonuses.

The location of the game will be the first random article from Wikipedia I get that could physically hold all of the players simultaneously. This location will serve as the boundary for the game's first 3 Turns, after which the boundary will dissipate. The location could vary from a cruise ship, to the entire country of Moldavia, to a gas station in Central America, to the planet Vegeta, etc.
Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

So that's it. If you want in, simply say so.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Players:
1. endlessblaze
2. Yourmaster
3. Twinwolf
4. blazing glory
5. Sl4cker
6. flabort
7. Humaan
8. High tyrol

Waitlist:
1. H4zardZ1
2. BlitzDungeoneer
3. Whisperling
4. Poketwo
5. NAV
6. The Moonlit Shadow
7. Salsacookies
8. pikorge
9. Person
10. Megggas

11. FallacyofUrist
12. Beirus
13. Tomasque
14. Hiddenleafguy
15. Execute/Dumbo.exe
16. fillipk

Champions:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 02:18:44 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Superpower Wiki Warfare
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 08:30:56 am »

I am IN!
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 08:31:33 am »

I'd love to join!
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 08:32:36 am »

What's the player limit?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 08:34:51 am »

What's the player limit?
Over 9000, of course.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 08:45:35 am »

I've said IN before, RIiiighth?
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 08:45:44 am »

In.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 08:47:24 am »

In

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 08:55:30 am »

In
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 09:02:02 am »

In till we need the dragon balls to destroy the planet.
Also not quite sure this fits as a RTD, you see a RTD is a roleplay where a 1 counts as epic fail and a 6 (or a ten in this case) means you did so well that something bad happens.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 09:08:02 am by Hiddenleafguy »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 09:19:06 am »

In.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nunzillor

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2015, 09:31:36 am »

In till we need the dragon balls to destroy the planet.
Also not quite sure this fits as a RTD, you see a RTD is a roleplay where a 1 counts as epic fail and a 6 (or a ten in this case) means you did so well that something bad happens.
The true definition of RTD is hard to pin down.  There have been several that use different die, though it is true that they do have overshoots and this does not... 

Also, In.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 09:35:03 am by Nunzillor »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2015, 09:34:49 am »

In
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2015, 09:36:52 am »

Yes, I know but the most important thing is the "epic fail" and "horrendous over shoot."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2015, 10:11:11 am »

Yes, I know but the most important thing is the "epic fail" and "horrendous over shoot."
No. Most important thing is that player gets roll to dodge.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32