Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Divergent Evolution RPG (2/8)  (Read 811 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Divergent Evolution RPG (2/8)
« on: July 27, 2015, 10:05:22 pm »

You are tiny single celled organism in a vast vast ocean. The ocean is devoid of all live except for you and your kind. Your species must work to adapt, evolve, and thrive in this world.

Each player has 1 point to spend on the evolution of their starting organism. 1 EP is not very much at all, even to a single celled organism. It will get you 1 thing that is going to be mildly helpful. The better the evolution the more the EP. Price checks will be a common sight in this game.

Lastly, this game isn't meant to be incredibly intense. There won't be complex rules or lots of rolling to limit your creativity. You do actions, you get points, and you spend points. That's the game.

Character sheet:
Species name:
What do you want to spend your point on:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 04:04:18 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Divergent Evolution RPG (0/8)
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 12:20:04 pm »

Hurnum
Advanced Mitochondria

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divergent Evolution RPG (0/8)
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 02:54:22 pm »

Leafus deathus
Enhanced reproduction.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
Re: Divergent Evolution RPG (2/8)
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 04:05:46 pm »

I may change this game so players start as a small creature like a sea worm. Skipping the slow and boring cell phase all together. What do you two think of that?
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 04:42:32 pm »

I may change this game so players start as a small creature like a sea worm. Skipping the slow and boring cell phase all together. What do you two think of that?

But then they'll miss such things as deciding on whether they want the Entner-Doudoroff pathway or regular glycolysis! Or whether they want cell walls or not!

Though if you want the Spore experience instead, well, better start as an actual animal in that case.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 04:45:57 pm »

Whatever you want to do.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 05:01:33 pm »

I had actually sort of given up on this idea by the time Froggy posted. There didn't seem to be much interest.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 05:09:02 pm »

I was actually about to abandon it and do a trapped in an MMO game, but if I get the players, I'll do this one too. Or instead of. Also considering doing something else similar to Dark Streets, but more political and less simlike. Really idk anymore.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 05:12:44 pm by Spiderking50 »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 05:56:25 pm »

I don't know really. My sheet would stay the same either way. More efficient energy production and use is helpful in all stages.