Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Yet Another Yugioh Game (IC)  (Read 3149 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Yet Another Yugioh Game (IC)
« on: July 15, 2015, 07:08:26 pm »

OOC Thread

Competitors and spectators finish arriving at the local, recently opened, card shop for the upcoming sealed tournament.  In total, there is only sixteen people competing in the tournament.  Soon after the packs are passed out, the proprietor of the shop speaks up, "Welcome to the first sealed tournament of the Hachiro Game Shop!  We will have a few slight modifications from the normal type of this tournament.  As you can notice, we have given a total of six boosters rather than the usual five.  This is due to us putting a thirty card minimum on this rather than the usual twenty.  In addition, rather than passing on the cards, you will be keeping all of the cards you get from the packs.  As well, this tournament will follow the latest forbidden, limited, and semi-limited lists, and holding a maximum of three of a single type of card."

"We will progress using the Swiss style tournament in one round matches until such a point that four people have a total of three wins.  From there, we will continue with an elimination style.  For the inexperienced, this means that, in the first half, even if you lose, you will continue playing until the point that four people have gotten three wins.   In the latter part, if you wind up losing to your opponent, you are out of the running."

"Now that that is out of the way, you may open your packs.  If you get a fusion monster, polymerization cards are available on request, but only if you have the fusion materials."

Nori Chiasa
Spoiler: Cards (click to show/hide)

Mahiro Kawayama

Kinuko Mochizuki

Yui Iori

Rick Boyd

Ryoichi Kita

Dan G.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 09:48:05 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Yet Another Yugioh Game (IC)
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 07:16:19 pm »

Yui does not have any fusion monsters, and as such asks for no polymerization cards. Alright, first tournament. Probably losing, gonna try my best anyway.

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 07:22:21 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 07:50:35 pm »

Kinuko sat at a table a look of deep concentration on her face as she studied the cards she had been given. It took her a while to decide, every now and again brushing away a loose strand of Auburn hair that had fallen on her face. Eventually though she had decided and set her cards in a neat pile next to her, a nervous smile on her face as she looked around the room.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 07:52:06 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 09:15:29 pm »

'Hmm...not many cards with a high amount of attack...Probably want to keep ahold of all the equip cards I have...Shadow Tamer, Dragon Manipulator, and Electric Snake are too situational right now.  Despite having one of the fusion materials, I can't get polymerization for Super Roboyarou and Super Robolady as I don't have the other...Don't have any six star dragons, so A Wingbeat of Giant Dragon is currently useless...Don't have Umi so Tornado Wall is currently useless...Don't have more than one copy, so Troop Dragon is currently useless...Since you can use equips on opposing monsters, those two cards might combo well...Or if I have a water type on my side...Only have one of those though...It looks like it could be fairly useful, though...Could allow me to use that card's ability more than once...those two might work as good heavy hitters, though that one is a tad weak for a seven star...these three might work well together...might not use that one's effect, but it has some really high attack...Going to need to keep around some fiends to use Soul Demolition to help Mage Power get powered up....Will want some warriors as those cards only work with them...those three are inefficient...Hmm, I have 35 cards...Minimum would be best...Could remove those two...Wait a minute, that card is on the forbidden list.  I can remove those three and get me down to thirty...I hope this works.'

It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 11:18:33 pm »

Dan fishes through his cards having barely played the game until now hoping to meet people much far to shy to really make the first move. He fiddles with his cards as he seems to have spotted a few of his favorites instantly putting them into his deck until he finds that he has made a hodgepodge deck without any real theme or strengths. He decides he is going to attempt to make this work anyhow.

He fiddles with his cards trying to make himself small, barely realizing that he is just hiding once more.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 07:42:27 am »

Rick eagerly opens his packs.
"Yeah, these cards look pretty good. Doesn't look like there's any problems with the lists."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 03:14:00 pm »

Nori, having not much an idea about strategy in Duel Monsters, keeps the cards she receives from the packs.
Black lives matter.

Eritzap

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 12:31:11 pm »

Mahiro scratched his greyed-out hair while contemplating his cards. He consulted a little rule booklet a few times to make sure he still remember the rules correctly. He really didn't want to look bad in front of his grandchild. He removed the dead cards from the set, plus a few extra cards not looking useful.

Spoiler: Mahiro's Deck (click to show/hide)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2015, 01:50:21 pm »

After a few minutes, the proprietor speaks up again, "The time for deck building is over.  Now to announce who is going to be facing whom in the first match of the first stage of the tournament.  At the first table, Ayano Hanatate will be facing off against Nori Chiasa, Dan G. will be facing off against Takuya Itaya, Emi Fujiyama will be facing off against Yoshio Hatajima, and Noriko Kise will be facing off against Rick Boyd.  At the second table, Tsuyoshi Heihe will be facing off against Kinuko Mochizuki, Yui Anzai will be facing off against Yui Iori, Katsumi Anzai will be facing off against Ryoichi Kita, and Mahiro Kawayama will be facing off against Yuta Kuzuhara."

Nori Chiasa

You sit across from your opponent, a teenaged female with mid-length, curly, dark green hair.  She is a little on the tall side and you notice has sky blue eyes.  After you both draw your cards, she rather timidly gestures for you to have the first move.

Spoiler: Field (click to show/hide)

Dan G.

You sit across from your opponent, a teenaged male with short, wavy, dusty blue hair and midnight blue eyes.  He is on the short side and has a slightly weightier build.  He pulls out a coin and says, "Which side would you prefer to represent your chance to go first?"

Rick Boyd

You sit across from your opponent, a female in her twenties with short, curly, graying pastel purple hair and bright orange eyes.  She is tall and has a broad build.  After you both draw your cards, she extends her right hand, which has a golden armband, and says, "May the best duelist win."

Kinuko Mochizuki

You sit across from your opponent, a kid about ten with short, wavy, graying black hair and bright green eyes.  Despite his size, his build is quite muscular for someone his age.  He impatiently draws for his first move, then says, "I'll take the first move."  Before you can argue, he begins playing his cards, two in the Spell/Trap Zone and setting one monster.  "I set three facedowns.  It's your move."

Yui Iori

You sit across from your opponent, a female in her upper teens with mid-length, wavy, brown hair and deep red eyes.  She has a somewhat narrow build, but otherwise has a quite average appearance.  After you both draw your cards, she  says in a slighly lyrical voice, "Would you like to take the first move or shall I?"

Ryoichi Kita

You sit across from your opponent, a male in his upper teens with short, straight, aquamarine hair and dusty red eyes.  He has a thin, narrow build.  He takes out a coin and flips it.  After landing, he gestures to you, indicating you have the first move.

Mahiro Kawayama

You find your opponent fairly quickly, a male in his late fifties with short, curly, graying dark green hair and dusty yellow eyes.  He has a quite tall build.  You both bow to each other before seating, him with one that is slightly deeper.  After you both are seated and you cards are drawn, he extends his right hand, saying, "I'm guessing you were dragged here by your grandkids as well, Mr. Kawayama?"

« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 03:33:32 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 02:00:03 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Set Forced Requisition, summon Senju of the Thousand Hands in Defense mode. Do I have any Ritual monsters I can put in my hand with his effect?[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 01:03:49 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2015, 05:29:33 pm »

Kinuko paused for a moment, slightly taken aback at the boy's impatience. She paused for a while looking over her hand, eventually though she had decided.
"I summon Wolf Axwielder in attack mode, then I attack your face down monster"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2015, 08:01:49 pm »

Nori flips the table because her hand sucks
Considering her cards carefully, Nori sets the Serpentine Princess face down, and places Eatgaboon face down as well.
"Your turn."
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 03:05:48 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2015, 08:34:32 pm »

((Molten Behemoth is level 5 so you can't summon it without a tribute))

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2015, 08:40:23 pm »

((Oh, thanks. :P))
Black lives matter.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher